It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

Yall can bicker about the chipmunks. The Asian guy is Lee. Yes, we know him. He is what we call a character stalker. The things handed to the chipmunks were pictures of them from Tokyo Disneyland of them in Kimonos. He also had some for the other characters that same weekend. He is not alone though, he does travel with a few others. They have been here for a few months and come all of the time.

Chip and Dale are big in Japan and sometimes trumps the mouse himself in popularity.

This guy might trump Big Wendy. Although Big Wendy is a CM, and I suspect she only became one to get close to Peter.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

According to the books some of the debris did survive re-entry but not enough to cause real damage. The empire however retaliated for the Ewoks assistance and early wiped them out...all of them.

Sorry couldn't resist

Books?

Jason, you're busted dude.

So now that we know you're a Star Wars geek, is Santa right about the other Ewok?

Next you'll trying telling me Santa isn't real and that Mickey at the parks is just a person in a costume.

I didn't buy it when that 7 year old told me that and I won't buy it now.

Good job setting that bad man straight, Jason.

I happen to have that "Camping is In-Tents" shirt and just for the record, it came with sleeves. 

Does your statement that yours came with sleeves mean that yours is missing sleeves now too?

This guy might trump Big Wendy. Although Big Wendy is a CM, and I suspect she only became one to get close to Peter.

I'm not sure if this LAG (Little Asian Guy) trumps BW.

I didn't see a sketch book.

And he wasn't wearing any C and D gear.

Plus he has friends.

TCD

Sadly I am really not sure but I believe the chief of the Ewoks did wear orange an I know Wicket wore red so Santa may be right. I never knew the chiefs name.

Oh and as to being busted I freely admit it. I have 3 book shelves at home full of Star Wars, Star Trek, and Fantasy novels plus a growing collection on my Kindle. At last count I have about 500 actual books and somewhere around 150 on my Kindle.

Is this what you guys are talking about?

null-9.jpg

Yeah!

That's it!

Something looks off about some of the characters, though.

Maybe this is from one of the sequels?

Sadly I am really not sure but I believe the chief of the Ewoks did wear orange an I know Wicket wore red so Santa may be right. I never knew the chiefs name.

Oh and as to being busted I freely admit it. I have 3 book shelves at home full of Star Wars, Star Trek, and Fantasy novels plus a growing collection on my Kindle. At last count I have about 500 actual books and somewhere around 150 on my Kindle.

I wouldn't have shared that if I were you.

But, I'm glad that you are coming clean.

That photo that I will need your help with is coming up in the next update, which I am about to post.

Yep that's it FWG. For another good version of a Star Wars parody check out Robot Chicken's. just don't let any little ones watch that.

Robot Chickens?

You made that up, right?

A little Star Wars humor, right?

Lucky for me, my shirt has retained its sleeves. But then, I don't like to unleash my 'guns' on an unsuspecting world.  :rofl2:

Hmmm.

I think you need to cut the sleeves off and give it to your DH.

TCD

I promised a second update today, and here it is.

This is the one where I will need the services of a Star Wars geek.   Jason, I'm counting on you.

But if there are others besides Jason, please keep reading.  I'll let you know when I need your help.

We ended the last update with us on Hollywood Boulevard and electing to not stake out a place for the parade.

Instead, we headed to Star Tours to expose another fraud.

For some reason, Disney has been blatantly lying to guests about wait times.

A couple of weeks ago, fellow Fiend Starbuc71 abandoned his plans to visit DHS for a Star Wars Weekend because a friend of his reported the outrageously long wait times.

The thing is that Disney is deliberately lying about these wait times.

Why, I'm not sure.

But it happens consistently enough that it has to be intentional on their part.

And what you are about to read will demonstrate that they were lying big time this morning.

The tip board told us the wait for Star Tours was 50 minutes.

And so did the signage at the attraction:

MemorialDay2013437_zps5ab30b08.jpg

They had extra ropes set up in the outside queue to maintain order in this alleged madhouse:

MemorialDay2013438_zps15bf7fdc.jpg

Extra credit if you spotted Chewie in that last photo.

He's right there in the center of the shot.

That photo was taken at 9:48 am, just as we entered the queue.

We walked quickly through all the extra posts and ropes they had set up.

We had never walked through this much of the queue, and it was all very unnecessary, as the line never stopped moving- we just kept on walking:

MemorialDay2013439_zps7be7d044.jpg

No one was pulling Fastpasses:

MemorialDay2013440_zps7b9e99f5.jpg

I have always thought the outside of this queue was cool- it looks like you could actually walk around up there on the walkway:

MemorialDay2013441_zps890145eb.jpg

MemorialDay2013442_zpsb13a2987.jpg

I have always found it strange, however, that as elaborately as this queue is themed, they intentionally left the backsides of the trees unfinished.  I guess the intention was to show how real movie props are built or something like that.  I think it would have been better if they just finished everything off.

I like it how they combine real trees and plants with the fake ones:

MemorialDay2013443_zpsc8c37076.jpg

MemorialDay2013444_zps7834bd89.jpg

As I suspected, the line for this ride just kept on moving, and we walked without stopping right through the outside queue, and right on into and through the first inside room.  No time to even stop and take a photo.  We first stopped near these droids in the second inside room:

MemorialDay2013446_zps001cf03b.jpg

But, then we kept on moving.  It was too bad, too, because I actually think this droid is really funny:

MemorialDay2013447_zpsaeb84e49.jpg

We didn't get to stand and listen to him, though.

Next thing you now, we have our glasses and we are ready to board at 10:02 am:

MemorialDay2013448_zps80dc97b1.jpg

Not that I'm complaining, but that was 15 minutes.  A lot less than 50.  So why do they lie like that?

I have yet to figure it out.

My best guess is that they want people to use the Fastpasses.  I think it has something to do with the Fastpass plus thing that will soon be inflicted on us.  When that comes, the standby lines are going to Suck Monkey Butt, and I think they have been falsely stating stand by times so when that time comes they can falsely argue that stand by wait times did not increase.  We will soon know.

Check out this selfie- it's pretty good:

MemorialDay2013449_zps42b1b6f9.jpg

OK- that was a fake selfie.

The twins tease me about how bad my selfies always are.  And they're right.  So Twin #1 told me to hold my arm up like I was taking a selfie, and she would take the camera and take my photo.  And that is what she did.

Here's a real selfie (bad) :

MemorialDay2013450_zps6b50916f.jpg

We rode Star Tours.

Twin #2 was not the rebel spy.

She has lost her touch.

Before we knew it, we were back by the Chewie meet and greet, and guess whose butt was dragging back from another break? :

MemorialDay2013454_zpsaf96021f.jpg

And check it out- he has an Ewok with him.

Anyone know this one's name?  And you can't tell from the photo, but Chewie was having a hard time walking straight:

MemorialDay2013455_zps6b696ea7.jpg

Where do they find the CM's to portray Ewoks? :

MemorialDay2013456_zpsffa0880f.jpg

Our Rock N Rollercoaster Fastpasses would soon be good to go, so we headed that way.

The parade had not yet started, but was about to, as we crossed Hollywood Boulevard.  Quite a crowd had gathered, but there was space to stand behind some of the people who had claimed seats an hour earlier. The twins didn't want to wait, though, so on we marched.

Here we are about to board our limo at 10:50:

MemorialDay2013457_zps2f714221.jpg

I failed on our ride photo:

MemorialDay2013459_zps64a97bac.jpg

As you can see, I won the single rider lottery with that yo-yo next to me.  Do you think that's a fake moustache?  I shouldn't complain, though, it could have been LAG and all his C & D bags.

So, it was now around 11 am.  Hollywood Studios was packed.  The parade had started, and there would be no crossing Hollywood Boulevard.

We cut through the gift shops to the front.

And we left.

That is how we roll.

We got more done today than any of the poor saps pouring in to the park as we left could even hope to do.

We headed to our car.

And saw this beauty parked in our row:

MemorialDay2013460_zps55db3ffc.jpg

Check that out!

Dude painted his hood with that chalkboard paint.

And then wrote something there in that Star Wars language.

Which I've never understood.

Except for the wookies, everyone in space speaks English.  And breathes the same air. And there is plenty of gravity everywhere. I never understood how any of  that worked.  But, I don't want to ask to many questions lest a Star Wars geeks feel compelled to answer.

And this is where I need a Star Wars geeks to deliver.

What does it say on that car hood?

Please, someone tell me.

I don't want to have to try to figure it out on my own.

I'll buy whoever answers correctly first three beet lollipops.

From here we headed back to the Fort.

Just getting out of the parking lot was an experience.

The entrance lanes were backed up all the way to the main road.  And the main road was backed up for at least a mile:

MemorialDay2013461_zps452b5458.jpg

MemorialDay2013462_zps066b12a2.jpg

All of those people were going to cram in to the crowded park we had just left.

And there are people reading this who will still insist that they would rather sleep in than get up for a rope drop.

From here, it was back to the Fort, and then on to our lunch destination. 

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

Yeah!

That's it!

Something looks off about some of the characters, though.

Maybe this is from one of the sequels?

I wouldn't have shared that if I were you.

But, I'm glad that you are coming clean.

That photo that I will need your help with is coming up in the next update, which I am about to post.

Robot Chickens?

You made that up, right?

A little Star Wars humor, right?

Hmmm.

I think you need to cut the sleeves off and give it to your DH.

TCD

Nope, my sleeves will remain firmly attached to my shirt. I like that shirt. It's appropriate since I do camp "in-tents". 

BTW - I really like your Mike and Sulley shirt. Sleeves and all. 

When we were there in September, the post wait times on rides were consistently wrong. After the first couple of times where we waited less than what it said, we hardly paid any attention to the wait times. I remember Soarin' being posted at 75 minutes...when we hopped in line anyway it was more like a half hour. Bizarre. 

I promised a second update today, and here it is.

This is the one where I will need the services of a Star Wars geek. Jason, I'm counting on you.

But if there are others besides Jason, please keep reading. I'll let you know when I need your help.

We ended the last update with us on Hollywood Boulevard and electing to not stake out a place for the parade.

Instead, we headed to Star Tours to expose another fraud.

For some reason, Disney has been blatantly lying to guests about wait times.

A couple of weeks ago, fellow Fiend Starbuc71 abandoned his plans to visit DHS for a Star Wars Weekend because a friend of his reported the outrageously long wait times.

The thing is that Disney is deliberately lying about these wait times.

Why, I'm not sure.

But it happens consistently enough that it has to be intentional on their part.

And what you are about to read will demonstrate that they were lying big time this morning.

The tip board told us the wait for Star Tours was 50 minutes.

And so did the signage at the attraction:

MemorialDay2013437_zps5ab30b08.jpg

They had extra ropes set up in the outside queue to maintain order in this alleged madhouse:

MemorialDay2013438_zps15bf7fdc.jpg

Extra credit if you spotted Chewie in that last photo.

He's right there in the center of the shot.

That photo was taken at 9:48 am, just as we entered the queue.

We walked quickly through all the extra posts and ropes they had set up.

We had never walked through this much of the queue, and it was all very unnecessary, as the line never stopped moving- we just kept on walking:

MemorialDay2013439_zps7be7d044.jpg

No one was pulling Fastpasses:

MemorialDay2013440_zps7b9e99f5.jpg

I have always thought the outside of this queue was cool- it looks like you could actually walk around up there on the walkway:

MemorialDay2013441_zps890145eb.jpg

MemorialDay2013442_zpsb13a2987.jpg

I have always found it strange, however, that as elaborately as this queue is themed, they intentionally left the backsides of the trees unfinished. I guess the intention was to show how real movie props are built or something like that. I think it would have been better if they just finished everything off.

I like it how they combine real trees and plants with the fake ones:

MemorialDay2013443_zpsc8c37076.jpg

MemorialDay2013444_zps7834bd89.jpg

As I suspected, the line for this ride just kept on moving, and we walked without stopping right through the outside queue, and right on into and through the first inside room. No time to even stop and take a photo. We first stopped near these droids in the second inside room:

MemorialDay2013446_zps001cf03b.jpg

But, then we kept on moving. It was too bad, too, because I actually think this droid is really funny:

MemorialDay2013447_zpsaeb84e49.jpg

We didn't get to stand and listen to him, though.

Next thing you now, we have our glasses and we are ready to board at 10:02 am:

MemorialDay2013448_zps80dc97b1.jpg

Not that I'm complaining, but that was 15 minutes. A lot less than 50. So why do they lie like that?

I have yet to figure it out.

My best guess is that they want people to use the Fastpasses. I think it has something to do with the Fastpass plus thing that will soon be inflicted on us. When that comes, the standby lines are going to Suck Monkey Butt, and I think they have been falsely stating stand by times so when that time comes they can falsely argue that stand by wait times did not increase. We will soon know.

Check out this selfie- it's pretty good:

MemorialDay2013449_zps42b1b6f9.jpg

OK- that was a fake selfie.

The twins tease me about how bad my selfies always are. And they're right. So Twin #1 told me to hold my arm up like I was taking a selfie, and she would take the camera and take my photo. And that is what she did.

Here's a real selfie (bad) :

MemorialDay2013450_zps6b50916f.jpg

We rode Star Tours.

Twin #2 was not the rebel spy.

She has lost her touch.

Before we knew it, we were back by the Chewie meet and greet, and guess whose butt was dragging back from another break? :

MemorialDay2013454_zpsaf96021f.jpg

And check it out- he has an Ewok with him.

Anyone know this one's name? And you can't tell from the photo, but Chewie was having a hard time walking straight:

MemorialDay2013455_zps6b696ea7.jpg

Where do they find the CM's to portray Ewoks? :

MemorialDay2013456_zpsffa0880f.jpg

Our Rock N Rollercoaster Fastpasses would soon be good to go, so we headed that way.

The parade had not yet started, but was about to, as we crossed Hollywood Boulevard. Quite a crowd had gathered, but there was space to stand behind some of the people who had claimed seats an hour earlier. The twins didn't want to wait, though, so on we marched.

Here we are about to board our limo at 10:50:

MemorialDay2013457_zps2f714221.jpg

I failed on our ride photo:

MemorialDay2013459_zps64a97bac.jpg

As you can see, I won the single rider lottery with that yo-yo next to me. Do you think that's a fake moustache? I shouldn't complain, though, it could have been LAG and all his C & D bags.

So, it was now around 11 am. Hollywood Studios was packed. The parade had started, and there would be no crossing Hollywood Boulevard.

We cut through the gift shops to the front.

And we left.

That is how we roll.

We got more done today than any of the poor saps pouring in to the park as we left could even hope to do.

We headed to our car.

And saw this beauty parked in our row:

MemorialDay2013460_zps55db3ffc.jpg

Check that out!

Dude painted his hood with that chalkboard paint.

And then wrote something there in that Star Wars language.

Which I've never understood.

Except for the wookies, everyone in space speaks English. And breathes the same air. And there is plenty of gravity everywhere. I never understood how any of that worked. But, I don't want to ask to many questions lest a Star Wars geeks feel compelled to answer.

And this is where I need a Star Wars geeks to deliver.

What does it say on that car hood?

Please, someone tell me.

I don't want to have to try to figure it out on my own.

I'll buy whoever answers correctly first three beet lollipops.

From here we headed back to the Fort.

Just getting out of the parking lot was an experience.

The entrance lanes were backed up all the way to the main road. And the main road was backed up for at least a mile:

MemorialDay2013461_zps452b5458.jpg

MemorialDay2013462_zps066b12a2.jpg

All of those people were going to cram in to the crowded park we had just left.

And there are people reading this who will still insist that they would rather sleep in than get up for a rope drop.

From here, it was back to the Fort, and then on to our lunch destination.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

That is in Aurebesh. It says "may the vtek be with you" which leads me to believe vtek means something to him or he screwed up when he translated it.

Three bookshelves of comic books, fantasy novels, wow. Just make sure that they're not next to the water heater. After all, your parents are nice enough to let you live in their basement for free, so don't burn down their house. 

How many shelves of video  interactive games do you have?

Nope, my sleeves will remain firmly attached to my shirt. I like that shirt. It's appropriate since I do camp "in-tents". 

BTW - I really like your Mike and Sulley shirt. Sleeves and all. 

OK, keep your sleeves.

I got that Mike and Sulley shirt as a gift from the twins.

I meant to comment after I posted this photo that I just realized that I've been spelling Sulley's name wrong throughout this report:

MemorialDay2013414_zps5431d991.jpg

But, it turns out that whoever makes all the signs and notices at the Fort must have been moonlighting over there at DHS, because they are the ones who spelled it wrong:

mikeandsulley_zpsa65b402f.jpg

When we were there in September, the post wait times on rides were consistently wrong. After the first couple of times where we waited less than what it said, we hardly paid any attention to the wait times. I remember Soarin' being posted at 75 minutes...when we hopped in line anyway it was more like a half hour. Bizarre. 

This inaccurate, exaggerated wait time thing has been going on for at least that long.

It's super annoying.

They inundate guests  with ads everywhere telling them to download their stupid wait time ap, and then they use that to disseminate false information. 

Bugs the heck out of me.

Little People of America?

If there is such an organization, then that must be it.

It can't be easy finding CMs who are Ewok height.

That is in Aurebesh. It says "may the vtek be with you" which leads me to believe vtek means something to him or he screwed up when he translated it.

May the vtek be with you?

What?

I am going to go with the nerd screwing up the translating.

That is hilarious!

Sorry, that isn't your car, is it Jason?

I should be more sensitive.

I'm sorry.

I would like to know what the guy puts on the blackboard hood the rest of the time.

Is the Aurebesh the same thing as the critter that was dancing in the video with Slave Leia and Honk Tonk Badonkadonk Padme?

That thing was annoying, whatever it was.

You mentioned earlier that you have some information regarding why Stef has been absent from the boards.  Is this what she has been doing?

That's a good guess, but no.

At least not as far as I know.

And Stef is too short to be an Ewok anyway.

Three bookshelves of comic books, fantasy novels, wow. Just make sure that they're not next to the water heater. After all, your parents are nice enough to let you live in their basement for free, so don't burn down their house. 

How many shelves of video  interactive games do you have?

This coming from a guy who has his own R2D2?

Glass house?

TCD

Three bookshelves of comic books, fantasy novels, wow. Just make sure that they're not next to the water heater. After all, your parents are nice enough to let you live in their basement for free, so don't burn down their house.

How many shelves of video interactive games do you have?

Can you feel the Snark tonight?

First I actually do not own a single comic book. It's shocking in many ways but they are way to Hirt a read for me an I prefer to create my own imagery in my head.

Secon they are in the entryway of mine and Silvia's house. Yes she married me knowing of my geek hood and my book collection. She has her own 3 book shelves full of classic literature.

Third I only have one shelf of video games currently out. I do however collect video games and video game systems so I have a couple of crates of all kind of systems going back to a colecovision with an Atari adaptor.

I will say though my video game time has gone way down what with having a house to maintain.

Aren't you the guys who spends his time designing and building classic cars on his computer?

Can you feel the Snark tonight?

Tonight, what time zone is CT in?

Second they are in the entryway of mine and Silvia's house. Yes she married me knowing of my geek hood and my book collection. She has her own 3 book shelves full of classic literature. 

Oh is that what they call romance novels these days?

Third I only have one shelf of video games currently out. I do however collect video games and video game systems so I have a couple of crates of all kind of systems going back to a colecovision with an Atari adaptor.

I knew it, I knew it!

I will say though my video game time has gone way down what with having a house to maintain.

So Sil has been throwing them out when you're not around.

Aren't you the guys who spends his time designing and building classic cars on his computer?

Another guy with steel trap memory.

In fairness though, 3d computer modeling was a big part of what I did for a living.

My time zone is based upon a very simple principle. Am I punched? if no then it is the evening and time to have fun. If yes then get back to work.

Sil actually enjoys playing some of the video games too.

And in fairness i did rebuild most of my video game machines which is closely related to my job as a computer tech.

My time zone is based upon a very simple principle. Am I punched? if no then it is the evening and time to have fun. If yes then get back to work.

Sil actually enjoys playing some of the video games too.

And in fairness i did rebuild most of my video game machines which is closely related to my job as a computer tech.

OK, are you and Lou done?

As much as I love a great geek throw down, I hope so.

I love the Robot Chicken videos.  This is my absolute favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F1d3QWsyk0

Now, that is funny.

But, I don't see any chickens or robots.

What's the deal with the robot chicken name?

TCD