Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

It's only a 1:21. Could the ride really be that short?

Also, it didn't seem that the car was swaying, I wonder if they turned it off for the video?

Wow- that's short.  They left off the loading and unloading, and I think they sped up the tape on the lift hill- but looking at the tape, the main part of the ride does look really short.

I am afraid that this is going to be another case of them going cheap on something that could have been much better.

TCD

For what it's worth, Inside the Magic is saying... "Walt Disney World has released an *almost* full POV ride-through... (Still a few surprises to come...)"

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic/photos/a.391990882034.180401.10300702034/10151991460297035/?type=1&theater

Now that description makes sense.

Okay for once I may have some fresh news.  One of the CMs on the ride is the child of a friend of mine.  I have not watched the video and I won't until I ride the thing in June.  I also have not read anything about the parade.  I like to be surprised by the real things.

The word is the ride is pretty cool and the scenery/story is awesome, but it is not a coaster and anyone wanting anything with a coaster appeal is not going to like it.

Not hard to put that together but this is from an actual person who rode it.

The word is the ride is pretty cool and the scenery/story is awesome, but it is not a coaster and anyone wanting anything with a coaster appeal is not going to like it.

I can totally see that.

Okay for once I may have some fresh news.  One of the CMs on the ride is the child of a friend of mine.  I have not watched the video and I won't until I ride the thing in June.  I also have not read anything about the parade.  I like to be surprised by the real things.

Managing expectations on this one will be tough....as it "looks" like a coaster.  It will be quite a while before I get to ride it, so by then I'll have heard enough about it that my expectations should be in check.  For me, that will help.  I hadn't heard much about the Under the Sea ride before experiencing it.  You all know how that turned out.  I suppose if someone had told me before hand that I'd just be slowly moving through some plastic scenes from the movie, and the only really appealing aspect would be the air conditioning and the undulating sea monster with huge....ah, eyes....well, maybe that would have given me a better perspective.  

I figured this would just be a newer version on the Barnstormer. I never figured big thrills in Fantsy land but I am ok with that. Now that I have a little girl I am glad to see they are putting in rides that a family can ride together that are faster then The old Snow White ride. Although when I am tired a slow ride is nice. But that is what the golf cart at the fort is for.

I guess this is why Lou keeps reminding us it's the Mine TRAIN and not the Mine COASTER.  Still looks fun, but I agree that expectations are the key.  I shall expect it to NOT be BTMRR, The Sequel.

... when I am tired a slow ride is nice. But that is what the golf cart at the fort is for.

Have you been riding with Bob?  8)

Theme Park Review just posted this to Facebook...

Just shot a POV of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom! Full video coming soon! Great ride! Lots of family fun!

10260039_10152417788623566_1757751609876

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152417788623566&set=a.382599058565.162665.194340658565&type=1&theater

From Facebook...

We just rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Disney's Magic Kingdom. It's was great! Here's a complete ride-through video with front and back views from start to finish, no cuts.
Warning, spoilers! ‪#‎MineTrain‬ ‪#‎Disney‬

Video...

http://youtu.be/R0wJar2XF2U

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on our faces that they got to do something that the average joe will never get to do. And why? Because they have 3 followers on twitter, have no job, and live in their moms basement.

And would it kill ya to invest in some decent video equipment? That video was horribly shot. I cant take a reporter seriously when they are using their I phone to document the news.

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on our faces that they got to do something that the average joe will never get to do. And why? Because they have 3 followers on twitter, have no job, and live in their moms basement.

And would it kill ya to invest in some decent video equipment? That video was horribly shot. I cant take a reporter seriously when they are using their I phone to document the news.

I wish I could give you more than one up arrow for that post!

Excellent, and I couldn't agree more.

I think the whole promotion of this attraction has been handled very poorly by Disney.

It irks me too that they cater to these bloggers and continue to tease their paying customers by posting video after video on the blog.  Today, they posted one about the interactive queue, but still no word about when a paying customer might get to ride.

TCD