We made our own Land and Seas Package

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You people a pathetic. A handful of sentences and this tease for a supposed TR is up to 30 posts. Not that I'll read it anyways, but Jason, turn off the video games, stop reading the comic books, and

Wow, you finally get started on the report and the only picture you post is of the EWP.  You are really trying to tick off Lou, aren't you?  :rofl2:

Blow it out your nose schmuck face! Disregard that, it wasn't nice. I'm wishing you have a magical time and that the fairies sprinkle pixie dust over you during your entire trip. Disregard that too, i

So does a couple with no children get a discount?

No they do not. Except for not paying for any kids fares of course.  I would assume the adults have money included in there fares for the bars and the night club areas as well as the Adult only areas of the ship. 

Jason,

Thanks for all your information.  We just booked on the Dream for January.  Can you provide some additional information on the nursery?  Cost, etc. 

Our little guy will have just turned 2 and the twins 5.  They are so excited about the kids club!  I have read some information regarding a pager system so they can get ahold of you.  Do you know how that works?  Any information you can provide for the kids club and nursery would be fantastic!

Jason,

Thanks for all your information.  We just booked on the Dream for January.  Can you provide some additional information on the nursery?  Cost, etc. 

Our little guy will have just turned 2 and the twins 5.  They are so excited about the kids club!  I have read some information regarding a pager system so they can get ahold of you.  Do you know how that works?  Any information you can provide for the kids club and nursery would be fantastic!

They give you a pager that goes off when if you are needed or your kid wants to leave.  

Jason,

The DCL website has everything you want to know, including prices.

Man, seeing the pics here and other TR's from cruises really makes me want to try this. I have always said I don't think I'd enjoy a cruise cause I'd just want to drive the boat. But these pics are starting to sway my opinion on taking one. Please don't tell wifey, she does not need to know this info just yet :)

Man, seeing the pics here and other TR's from cruises really makes me want to try this. I have always said I don't think I'd enjoy a cruise cause I'd just want to drive the boat. But these pics are starting to sway my opinion on taking one. Please don't tell wifey, she does not need to know this info just yet :)

Yeah, see part of being a fiend is encouraging any and all trips that could results in trip reports. Soooooooo, I'm gonna have to say none of us will follow the don't tell wifey. :)

Todd, you really should think about taking a cruise!  These ships are so big that you hardly even realize you're on one.  There is so much to see and do, and the food is great.  You're treated like royalty by the staff from the time you step onto the ship.  And going to all the different locations ... I could just go on and on.

They finally opened up CM cruise availability the other day and I was only one click away from booking it, but I didn't.

Why didn't you ask? It certainly wasn't the money. Can't beat the CM rates. It was for a cruise at the end of this month and because it was so soon, we hadn't asked anyone to go with us. It's more fun if 2 or 3 families go together. I'm still tempted though.

They finally opened up CM cruise availability the other day and I was only one click away from booking it, but I didn't.

Why didn't you ask? It certainly wasn't the money. Can't beat the CM rates. It was for a cruise at the end of this month and because it was so soon, we hadn't asked anyone to go with us. It's more fun if 2 or 3 families go together. I'm still tempted though.

Just besure you check next April...:)

Ok sorry for the delay but fun and exciting things have been happening. 

When I left off Sil and I were headed to the Sail Away Party. 

Before I post that though TCD mentioned I had not revealed our accomodations. 

We had booked a Navigator's Verandah. That is an undersized or obstructed view Verandah. It was our Annversary and Sil really wanted to have the verandah and a GTY rate opened up for them which brought the price down a little. 

GTY or Guarantee means you can't pick you own stateroom so I kept checking the DCL site to see if our room had been assigned. About 54 days out it finally was assigned. And we got an upgrade. 

We were now going to be in an Oversized Balcony Stateroom. Room 7690 to be precise. This room is on the very back of the ship so when we backed into Castaway Cay we would get to look out over the Island. 

Here's the room. 

DSC03198_zpsb7846479.jpg

DSC03197_zps769a7219.jpg

DSC03193_zps5d2c2e0a.jpg

I thought we had more of the deck but I can not find them. However before we went on the cruise I found a sweet video on Youtube showing the room. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1TxePbueM

It was a really nice room but it had one down side. At night when the air was heavy the smoke from the stack would curve down the ship and all you could smell on the Balcony was the exhaust from the ship. Our room host/steward? had to vacuum up this black grit on the deck of our balcony every day. The smell issue was not there in the day time now was the grit. We loved the balcony anyway. Sil especially. 

So not we get back to the Sail Away. Sad to say we are not as wild and crazy as the TCD gang. We did not make it on the screen and we avoided Deck 11 like the plague for the party. We staked out a spot on Deck 12 towards the second stack that was not very crowded and snapped some pictures and listened to the party from up there. 

The DCL Terminal

IMG_0694_zps05c2dfe2.jpg

I can see my car from here. 

IMG_0695_zps38b1ab63.jpg

See it's right there.

de63dd7d-50c0-4210-8347-5bd194f019ac_zps

I took this shot because it showed it was the real smoke stack. Little did I know about the stateroom smoke issue.

IMG_0699_zpsc034eeb0.jpg

TCD is right they really did a great job on this logo.

IMG_0700_zps03814887.jpg

Moving away from the dock I got a straight on view of the terminal.

IMG_0703_zps556f4f44.jpg

This is where the Royal Caribbean ships are always docked when I am watching the webcam but there were no RCCL ships in port today.

IMG_0704_zpsa759373f.jpg

There were to Carnival Ships though. You can see them up ahead of us. 

IMG_0706_zpsfc1d9713.jpg

I have tons more pictures of the channel and everything. If anyone wants to see them I can upload them but I already had the cruise pictures paired down to almost 700 for this. We took 1700+ on the cruise so I didn't want to bombard people. 

After we got to to the end of the harbor Sil and I headed to our room to get changed for dinner. on the way I spotted the Arr-Cade so I stopped to grab some pictures. 

IMG_0707_zpsa4eb14c0.jpg

IMG_0708_zpsa83903b0.jpg

Looks like fun in there. 

When we got down to the room we went out on the balcony and watched land fade away in the distance.

IMG_0709_zps4e53d8b5.jpg

We had the 6:00 show time and the 8:15 dinner.  The show the first night was basically your on a Disney Cruise Line and here's what you can do....turned into a musical number and using old Disney songs. Hokey but cute. 

After the show we had about an hour till dinner so we headed back to the stateroom to grab a beverage and check out the sunset. 

IMG_0715_zps3a957e2b.jpg

Next up Dinner in Animator's Palette. While we were with another couple and a mother and daughter I informed them right off I would be severely injured if I didn't bring back pood forn. 

Our dinner rotation was AERAEER. For those of you who don't know they print it on your KTTW card so you can reference it anytime. A is for Animator's Palette, E is for Enchanted Garden, and R is for Royal Court. 

After meeting the other people at our table I snapped some pics of the menu's. Sorry for the glare but they were mostly for reference. 

DSC03272_zps4a614012.jpg

DSC03274_zpsc0a44676.jpg

Sil had the Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist

DSC03277_zps550852be.jpg

I didn't care for any of the Appetizers. I don't like mushrooms and I am allergic to most seafood. 

So I skipped right to the Soup and had the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup

DSC03281_zpsaf4aceab.jpg

A quick shot of what the restaurant looks like on the night they do the Crush show. 

DSC03280_zpse843ccff.jpg

Sil had the Vine Ripe Tomato Salad

DSC03282_zpse2582c0b.jpg

All of this was good!

Then is was on to our Main Course. 

I had the Ginger-Teriyaki dusted Angus Tenderloin

DSC03284_zps95e2147c.jpg

This was tasty but I found out I am not a fan of Bok Choy

Sil had the Animator's Trio of Veal

DSC03285_zps1f48af53.jpg

Her favorite part of this meal was the Pulled Veal in this. She still raves about it. 

After they cleared our plates away we got our Dessert and after dinner drink menus

DSC03286_zpse57ba215.jpg

DSC03287_zps4a12fb8e.jpg

Sil had the Crunchy Walnut Cake I believe

DSC03289_zps609c94a4.jpg

I had the item I have every time I first hit a Disney Park. Everybody looked at me a little funny but I didnt care. They also later admitted to a bit of jealousy that they didn't know it was an available option. 

DSC03288_zps9d09160c.jpg

After that we wandered around the ship a little more but we were tired and I wanted to try out room service. 

DSC03290_zpsc7ced409.jpg

That was a really good burger. 

DSC03291_zps5f1955c6.jpg

The chicken tenders were good but in the future we would order 2 orders to actually have some chicken tenders.

DSC03292_zps705704ad.jpg

Plenty of ketchup and condiments

And we ordered a pot of coffee for the morning. It is in a thermal carafe (sp?) and if unopened actually kept the coffee a decent temperature for Sil in the morning. 

Oh I almost forgot to share our first towel animal with you.

DSC03270_zpsc18c7a38.jpg

Also in researching for our cruise I found a lot of people concerned about Balcony rooms and the door locks. As well as the locks on the door leaving the cabin. Other apparently had escape artist's like Dave's cute little Anna and were concerned about them getting out or falling overboard. I decided to make a point to take some pictures of the locks on the balcony and main doors. 

Main door.

DSC03295_zps1765ee8c.jpg

There is a dead bolt on it but it is kind of on the low side. No other lock available on this so if you have a wanderer maybe leave something in front of the door that they would have to move out of the way to make there escape. 

There are 2 locks on the balcony doors on the Fantasy at least. 

DSC03296_zpsebe4467f.jpg

This one is up at the top of the door. About 6 feet off the ground. it would make it tough for any little one to manage to open the door as long as this lock is engaged. 

the door handle is the other lock. 

DSC03297_zps9a0650c3.jpg

DSC03298_zps8134348b.jpg

Either up or down is locked. I can't remember at this point. I think Up was. 

Hope that reassures people. Tomorrow is a Sea Day. What will we do?