The TCD Gang Sails Again!: A Four Night Disney Dream Trip Report

We made it!

Onto another Disney Cruise.

DCL2013022_zps59032e37.jpg

IMG_5320_zps8415321a.jpg

IMG_5325_zpsa41ed7c3.jpg

Cool the Disney Dream, LOVED that ship and thanks for posting several pics of "my" verandah!!!! (That humongous one right next to the yellow life boat, and just above the yellow utility boat)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True story.....Jack skipped the safety drill.  Had he gone, he would have known that there was plenty of room for him on that board next to Rose. 

Really!  I don't know how they conned us into going back to Enchanted Garden for that limited menu when we could have enjoyed one last buffet at Cabanas.  Oh well....next time. 

Those gates reminded me of something, but I couldn't place it.  And then it came to me.   

Another TCD TR!  Great!

So happy you didn't get the rolled-up cowboy hat.  

I've sailed out of Port Canaveral several times but never knew there were drawbridges!

There's nothing like that first step onto the ship ... all the anticipation.  Love it!

Great to see all five of you together.

First!

Now I gotta go read it....

EDIT...ok, done reading the update.  Guess I didn't need to rush as no one else found the report yet. 

About this photo...

Did you let that DCL bus full of fools ahead of you into the terminal??

Also...about the lines to check into the kid clubs.  Just so readers understand, you do not need to stand in that line if it is long.  You can always register for the clubs on board the ship, at the open house or probably anytime afterward.  If the line is short and you are just standing around waiting for your boarding group to be called, do it in the terminal.  But I wouldn't miss my boarding group call to stand in that line. 

Ok, onward!  I want to find out if you hit Cabanas first or rode the AD first (which is what we did).  The smart folks wear or pack their bathing suits in their carryons!  Ha! 

Good job, Dave.

I don't think those fools on the bus made it into the terminal before me.  I'm fast, you know.

You are correct about the kids clubs.  Everybody freaks and stands in that long line in the terminal.  Later, on the ship, you can just walk right into the club and sign your kid up at any time.  It doesn't have to be in the terminal.

As you now know, we went to Cabanas first.  They had Enchanted Garden open, which they didn't when we boarded early on our last cruise, but we went for Cabanas first.  They have steak fries there, you know.

And yes, I had my trunks in my duffel bag with the beer. 

Second!

Nice work, Marty.

Dave is a cheater!!! I read before posting. No fairrrrrr

Dave is a lot of things, but he isn't a cheater.

Clever is more like it.

But....even after reading and updating my post, it was still the only response.  YOU SLOW!!

Go Dave!  You have more posts on this TR than I do!

I'm here! I'm here!

Good job.

FPBR for you.

Wow TCD that's great you got another family trip in before the new school year!

Looking forward to this trip report!

WBI

Nice work, Nick.

Thanks for reading.

I look forward to the day that I get to read about little WBI's first Disney Cruise.

I'm still pondering yellow plums and wieners

Hey, watch that kind of talk.

This is a family friendly trip report.

FPBR!

Looking forward to late night platters of Mickey Bars!!!!

That is my #1 reason for wanting to go on a DCL cruise.

We have never been on a cruise.

I always love the fake Mickey ear pics in the lobby.

Props for wearing the embarrassing Captain hat.

Will there be pink light ice cubes in this TR?

If not, let me know so I can stop reading now.  (not really)

Better yet, did you bring yours along with you?

Aaron- you need to think about using some of those DVC points you have on a cruise.

From what I saw, DVC folks get perks on the cruise.  Like door magnets and DVC hats. 

No pink ice cubes this time.  But there might be another color.  You never know.  Keep reading.

And, you don't need to wait until night time to order Mickey Bars.  Room service is ready to go as soon as you get to your cabin.  I know because I called them before the life boat drill.  I didn't eat enough roast beef, turkey and shrimp at the buffet.

And, they bring you steak fries for room service.  Steak fries!  I seriously thought about not leaving the cabin.

Still get first page bragging rights.

Yes you do.

Well done.

I here! looking forward to living a cruise through your eyes.

Welcome, Jody.

I hope you enjoy seeing it through my eyes.  Sometimes I look at things that I wished I hadn't.

TCD

Here.... Not promising much beyond that

I'll take what I can get.

FPBR to you too.

Gold lanyards......that's how TCD ROLLS!!!

For now.

They have Platinum level lanyards too, you know.

Just four more cruises for us to get there!

There are 20 spots on page 1, and with this post I have used 3 of them. 

Very funny!

Some people aren't going to like this.

I'm in and still trying to get DH on a cruise!

Maybe when son #2 graduates from the Academy!

As I said to Aaron, above, you really need to give it a try.

It's a great vacation.  And Disney does it right.

Actually, make that 4 spots.  I just wanted to say that the last time TCD wrote a DCL trip report, it cost me thousands of dollars.  I'm not falling for that again. 

OK, I guess I deserve it.

Even though DCL is ridiculously expensive, I keep paying for it.  It's worth it.

Spots are filling up fast, people!  You better hurry to get on page 1!!!

Oops, that makes 5.  :rofl2:

You are bad.

Anchors Aweigh!

Thanks.  I'm glad you're reading along, Dave.

Count me in. 

OK.  And you made it on to the first page too!

TCD

If I could talk them into a cruise, it would be a Disney cruise.  We don't gamble and we don't drink, so any other cruise line would be a complete waste of money.  It would be all about the food.

Close to us....  My family would love to cruise.  I don't drink or gamble and get seasick VERY easily.  Doesn't matter how good the food is if.... you know.  The Disney part is all that would sell it for me.  Soooooo, this is your chance - convince me!

It's official. I hate Dave now.

I'm trying to figure out a way to talk Jason into a cruise. I even have one picked out for Spring Break. This report could get me in big trouble.

Yup, it's all Dave's fault.

I can help you talk Jason into a cruise.  What would will it take to seal the deal?  How about 24 hour free room service? Including all you can eat Mickey Premium Bars?  Does he like those?

Two entries in one day....nice

I was hoping to make it three. but stuff happened.

I'm dropping Twin #1 off in Gainesville tomorrow, so it doesn't look good for another update before Monday.  But I will go at it hard next week.  Be sure to check back.

If I could talk them into a cruise, it would be a Disney cruise.  We don't gamble and we don't drink, so any other cruise line would be a complete waste of money.  It would be all about the food.

Food?  They have plenty of that.

And shows.  Good ones.

And stuff for kids to do.

A lot of stuff.

And characters.

And princesses.

And pirates.

Everything.

Cold beers on the deck of the dream with your favorite lady at your side.

That's hard to beat.

If you had a platter of Mickey Ice Cream bars next to you on dry ice that would be cool.

I am looking forward to see who gets the most checked off on the LOF and I am prognosticating Twin#1 as the LOF champ.

Looking forward to more as always.

Dry ice?

Genius.

I wonder if I could bring that on board?

We will see about Twin #1.  She's competitive.  But so is the old man.

Cool the Disney Dream, LOVED that ship and thanks for posting several pics of "my" verandah!!!! (That humongous one right next to the yellow life boat, and just above the yellow utility boat)

Oh, that is where your cabin was?  I knew you had a huge verandah, but I wasn't sure what deck.  That is a great location.

Another TCD TR!  Great!

So happy you didn't get the rolled-up cowboy hat.  

I've sailed out of Port Canaveral several times but never knew there were drawbridges!

Great to see all five of you together.

It was great to have the whole gang together.  That isn't going to happen so much anymore.

I never knew that bridge was a drawbridge either.  I don't think you have to drive over it if you go right to the port.  We took a detour into town.

Close to us....  My family would love to cruise.  I don't drink or gamble and get seasick VERY easily.  Doesn't matter how good the food is if.... you know.  The Disney part is all that would sell it for me.  Soooooo, this is your chance - convince me!

Hmmm.  Seasick.  I don't know.  That could be a problem.  I don't have that problem.  Even if I did, this cruise was the smoothest one we ever had.  You couldn't even feel the boat moving.

If you love Disney, then you'll love the cruise. 

I'll tell you what- read this whole report.  If you're not convinced by the end, then you can't be convinced.

TCD

[quote name="Tri-Circle-D" post="292034" timestamp="1376080692"

I never knew that bridge was a drawbridge either. I don't think you have to drive over it if you go right to the port. We took a detour into town.

TCD

That explains it!

The only way you won't drive over the draw bridge is if you come down from the Air Force Base.

Okay, I will take page 2 bragging rights seeing as Dave hogged most of page 1.

I am so glad to see the return of the list of fun! When we went to Hilton Head last year we had a list of fun, inspired by your cruise report from last year. Looking forward to seeing how you all complete it.

And I did notice the anchor shorts immediately but I thought they were boxer shorts ;)

How nice of you to leave some precious real estate on page 1 still up for grabs.

I meant to go back and comment on this.  Where's the tag fairy when you need one??

I would have commented earlier, but didn't want to take up too much precious page 1 space.  >:D

How nice of you to leave some precious real estate on page 1 still up for grabs!!

Had TCD not been so busy with vacationing he would know that reference is purely culinary.

I never got the whole "cruise" thing until we took one, now I am hooked. We have another sailing for a 7 day on the books. Just so I didnt have to waste time getting used to the layout, we got exactly the same room on the Fantasy as we did on the Dream......

Thanks a bunch Dave and TCD, I didn't even know TCD went cruising and he cost me money.  We are heading out on the Dream for 3 nights in a few weeks.

Oh yea BDD, we are hooked also, I just can't figure out how to win the lottery to go on a 7night.