What you get after 5 years at WDW

I'm sure you've seen many CMs with small bronze pins attached to their name tags. Their service award pins given to CMs when they reach a certain number of years. They're given after the first year, the Steamboat Willie pin, and then every 5 years after that. Pluto is on the 5 year pin.

This is how bus drivers are presented with their 5 year Pluto pin.

A manager takes you aside and presents you with the pin along with a note signed by the VP of WDW bus operations. 

It's trivial, but I was really looking forward to receiving it, it's my current Avatar.

5YrPin_zpsdf711dbe.jpg

I was also looking forward to getting this pin.

It's a 5 year safe driver service award service pin for bus drivers, and they're much harder to come by.

While 5 years may seem like a long time to maintain a safe driving record considering the conditions, there are many drivers with 10 year, 15 years or more safe driving pins. It's very unlikely that I'll be a CM and get a 10 year pin.

It's a special pin. Too bad it's so large that it can't be worn on the name tag.

SDPin2_zpsf792c0fe.jpg

Congrats Lou 5 years safe driving is a big deal, when I retired from UPS this past summer I finally reached the 25 years of safe driving just as I left and was glad I made it.

That's really amazing. Did they gave you anything for it?

WTG! Although I am sure there was a little luck involved (I have seen how other morons drive and you can't stop stupid).

Not a little luck, a lot of luck involved. People do things that they wouldn't do outside of WDW. Do they think that they're not travelling on real roads or something? That they're cartoon roads? It's a good thing that it doesn't happen that often.

That's really amazing. Did they gave you anything for it?

Yes they give a real nice leather bomber jacket, plus they display a banner with your name on it plus a parking spot near the building which does not do many good now that I retired. It was more of a personal thing for me to achieve this before I left.