Runner's years long trip to The Dopey ... and beyond!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad I could be  part of keeping you moving Ed. 

Thank you schmuckface,  I forgot where I was posting.   I hereby retract any apologies.  I'm really not sorry.   TCD

Nope - Some Red and sprinkle in some White Stars ... I'm going to sport the Red, White and Blue!

Congratulations, Ed!

And, what a nice color.  If you put a little orange on it, it would be perfect.

TCD

Nope - Some Red and sprinkle in some White Stars ... I'm going to sport the Red, White and Blue!

An update on my MCM Team Achilles spot - not only are they giving me a spot in the Marine Corps Marathon ... they are covering the registration fees AND providing accommodations at the Team Hotel! All I have to do is pay my way there and back! Maybe I'm not a total Idiot ... I DID join Team Achilles, after all.

It isn't a matter of fitting me to the bike they purchased ... it's a matter of the bike they purchased not being adaptable enough to fit me.  There isn't a model that will ... unless you start talking a LOT of $$. There ARE ways to adapt the current chair - but that takes about $500. With everything going on, that is $500 I don't have right now.  I spent $52 getting it to the point it is definitely usable - just not at maximum efficiency.

The other items are just wishful thinking for me - right now. I would like real competition wheels and tires; I would like the SRAM DD3-30; I would like the Disc Brakes ... but those are wants not needs.

• 2 weeks later...

The Marine Corps Marathon and Achilles International Freedom Team is going to be a blast!

http://tothedopeyandbeyond.blogspot.com/2014/06/things-are-looking-up.html

$200 to fly; free entry into the Marathon; 4 nights at the Holiday Inn within walking distance of the Starting Line covered; ... all I have left to cover is my food.

On top of that, I've got my handcycle tweaked a LOT. Once the final chainring is in and everything is installed and tweaked, I should be flying on my races

The Marine Corps Marathon and Achilles International Freedom Team is going to be a blast!

http://tothedopeyandbeyond.blogspot.com/2014/06/things-are-looking-up.html

$200 to fly; free entry into the Marathon; 4 nights at the Holiday Inn within walking distance of the Starting Line covered; ... all I have left to cover is my food.

On top of that, I've got my handcycle tweaked a LOT. Once the final chainring is in and everything is installed and tweaked, I should be flying on my races

Good luck, Ed!!