“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort

Good updates!  Sorry the weather was still bad on Friday.  We left on Thursday and it was cold and rainy but I know the forecast had said that it would start being nice on Friday.  I guess they missed that one.  I hope it cleared up for y'all at least by Saturday!

We love both Via Napoli and Biergarten.  We actually had planned to do Via Napoli Thursday night - we would have just missed you (if we had stayed).

Looking forward to the next updates!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salt on the windshield is one of the most annoying things in the world. Sort of like people who wont start there TRs. Or people who pretend they finished their September TR and then add their new trip

Take your time and spread it out.  It's not like I have a report from Aaron to read or anything. 

Aaron you can start yours. We promise not to get the two trips confused when we are reading about them.

Fish leggings two days in a row.....not many people could pull that off.

I am shocked you were given bad info.

I'm not sure she could pull it off either. LOL

Right, bad info?!?!? Shocking!

Good updates!  Sorry the weather was still bad on Friday.  We left on Thursday and it was cold and rainy but I know the forecast had said that it would start being nice on Friday.  I guess they missed that one.  I hope it cleared up for y'all at least by Saturday!

We love both Via Napoli and Biergarten.  We actually had planned to do Via Napoli Thursday night - we would have just missed you (if we had stayed).

Looking forward to the next updates!

We finally had good weather.... the day we left. :(

I'm going to have to come up with new jokes now that Aaron has started his TR. 

It’s time for lunch at Be Our Guest! Luckily, we had a FP+ time. It was later than I wanted, but it is what it is. It’s a not very secret secret that if you’re staying on property, you can have a FP+ time too! They’re running a test and only inviting some guests, but the site really works for everyone. You just go to https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/ and enter your log-in information and reservation number. I think the times open up about 30 days before your trip. Apparently, you can only participate in this test once. I was invited to participate a few days before my trip, but I recommend doing it well in advance of that because there won’t be many if any times left at that point.

Here’s what it looks like on your phone.

IMG_4539.png

This was the line to check in for FP+. You do it where the dinner check in is. The line moved pretty quickly.

IMG_4540.jpg

The line for regular folks was down the bridge and out around towards Gaston’s place.

IMG_4542.jpg

You can preorder your meals, but Jason hates planning stuff in advance, and I’m trying to be better about that, so we didn’t. I would recommend doing so though because even though people are given a menu when they’re waiting, and they’re posted all down the middle, somehow people still don’t know what they want when they get there.

So this was where we waited the longest.

IMG_4543.jpg

We’ve eaten dinner at BOG twice. The first time was fantastic, and the second time was pretty bad, so I wasn’t sure what to expect for lunch. Z has always wanted to eat in the West Wing, but we were told it’s an extra hour wait when we’ve been there for dinner.

But for lunch, we walked up right as a family was leaving. Score.

IMG_4544.jpg

The magic bands were working to tell the CMs where to bring your food.

IMG_4547.jpg

He’s happy.

IMG_4546.jpg

Why do you get soda refills here and not all CS? In fact, if you’re dishonest, you could steal drinks here. It doesn’t make sense to me. All refills should be free while dining. I’m voting for that if it comes on my shareholder ballot.

So here comes the food.

I got the pork. It was EXCELLENT!

IMG_4548.jpg

Jason had the steak sandwich, and I tried it. OMG it’s good! They basically turn the sub roll into garlic bread, and the flavor was amazing.

IMG_4550.jpg

Z got the kid’s pasta and subbed broccoli for the mixed veggies because it’s his favorite. He gave it 1 thumb up deciding that my broccoli is better.

IMG_4549.jpg

The rose.

IMG_4551.jpg

So I’m going to state something that I think a lot of others agree with…. Lunch at BOG is better than dinner! The quality of the food was outstanding. It was hot, which was our problem with our last dinner. And, the cost for the quality and portion sizes can’t be beat in the MK. No wonder it’s always crowded.

IMG_0760.jpg

After lunch it was time for Z to take a nap, so we headed back to the Fort. Originally, we were going to meet Rapunzel, but Z was NOT in the mood (AKA kind of cranky). Luckily, I was able to move some things around and got a FP+ for Rapunzel the next day.

We took the boat back to the Fort.

I love this sign.

IMG_4553.jpg

Jason stayed with Z back at the PUP, and I went looping.

I saw these set up on our loop and had a bad feeling about them. I was right. More on that later.

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

There were tons of wild turkeys next to the comfort station.

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

I decided to go visit my favorite loop in the Fort.

IMG_0768.jpg

No one is at the playground.

IMG_0769.jpg

I spent some time with Grumpy and Grandma and told them about our positive experience with lunch at BOG. They hadn’t been impressed with their dinner either, but I heard from him recently that they did enjoy lunch.

I looped by to see if I could find some Trolls, but they weren’t out.

IMG_4554.jpg

But the turkeys were! And they wouldn’t get out of my way.

IMG_4555.jpg

Seriously!

IMG_4556.jpg

After that, I headed back to our site to relax for a bit.

We’ll hit the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party (with lots of food pictures), I’ll give my thoughts on Tinker Bill, and we’ll blitz the MK on a whim in the next update. 

We've only done lunch, well because we couldn't an adr for dinner.  I was very happy with lunch. It was worth standing in line for I thought.  If we ever get to go back, I will definitely do the FP+ for lunch.

I hate hearing the negative dinner reviews of late at BOG.  Our dinner there over the holidays in 2012 was possibly the best dinner we've ever had at WDW.  At least top 3.  But that was somewhat early in the restaurant's life, and apparently it has gone downhill.  My theory is that they were over-performing and hurting other restaurants, so Disney forced the manager and chef at CRT to take over BOG.  Problem solved. 

I hope we can try lunch someday.  It always looks appealing. 

I hate hearing the negative dinner reviews of late at BOG. Our dinner there over the holidays in 2012 was possibly the best dinner we've ever had at WDW. At least top 3. But that was somewhat early in the restaurant's life, and apparently it has gone downhill. My theory is that they were over-performing and hurting other restaurants, so Disney forced the manager and chef at CRT to take over BOG. Problem solved.

I hope we can try lunch someday. It always looks appealing.

Our dinner in July was wonderful.

We've only done lunch, well because we couldn't an adr for dinner.  I was very happy with lunch. It was worth standing in line for I thought.  If we ever get to go back, I will definitely do the FP+ for lunch.

Do it! So worth it. 

I hate hearing the negative dinner reviews of late at BOG.  Our dinner there over the holidays in 2012 was possibly the best dinner we've ever had at WDW.  At least top 3.  But that was somewhat early in the restaurant's life, and apparently it has gone downhill.  My theory is that they were over-performing and hurting other restaurants, so Disney forced the manager and chef at CRT to take over BOG.  Problem solved. 

I hope we can try lunch someday.  It always looks appealing. 

Our early 2013 dinner was outstanding. July was disappointing. I've heard some blame them opening the 3rd dining room dinner, but it was open our first time too, so it can be done right.  

Our dinner in July was wonderful.

And that gives me hope!

I don't believe you that Z was cranky.

How could that adorable precious little ladies man ever be anything but charming?

Don't try to tell me otherwise.

Putting my fingers in my ears.

I'm not listening!

He's 4, therefore not always charming. But unlike some, I don't drag him around the park when he's DONE. 

LaLaLaLalalalalalalalalalalalal

I promise. It's true. 

Love the turkeys.

I have yet to partake in the eatery known as BOG.

Your lunch did look good.

I saw more turkeys that day than all the days of my life combined. Crazy! And a cool feature of the Fort. 

Looks like y'all were having a great time.

We were, despite Mother Nature raining on our parade. Literally. 

We have reservations for dinner at BOG next month.  I'm starting to wonder if I should just try for a lunch fastpass instead.  But thank you for the pictures in there, I can't wait to see it for myself!

Have you done dinner? Do you have a big Beast fan in your group? Maybe hold on to the ADR until you know you get the lunch FP+. 

Have BOG dinner rezzies for our June trip, this will be a first for us, I mainly want to go to dinner there so I an have a beer.

You do know that turkeys are delicious? You should have just stepped on the gas. A little plucking. A little gutting. A little grilling and then a little free dinner.

And when was the last time you had a free meal at Disney?

Z cranky? I don't believe it either.

Sorry, I wasn't available yesterday to post, so I have to revisit your BOG post.

We never miss a chance to hit BOG for lunch.  No matter how long the line is outside, it moves fast.

Thanks for the tip about how to use the FP+ system.  I thought you had to be invited. I'm going to give that a try the next time we stay at the Fort.

So, was Jason's sandwich warm?  I tried the Roast Beef Sandwich once, right after they introduced it on the menu, and I didn't think it was very good at all.  Mine was room temperature- and I don't remember the roll being like garlic bread.  I may have to give this another chance. 

TCD

Have BOG dinner rezzies for our June trip, this will be a first for us, I mainly want to go to dinner there so I an have a beer.

You do know that turkeys are delicious? You should have just stepped on the gas. A little plucking. A little gutting. A little grilling and then a little free dinner.

And when was the last time you had a free meal at Disney?

Z cranky? I don't believe it either.

Yes, there are at least 3 advantages of dinner.... bread, beer, and the Beast. I do think dinner is worth doing once. And I'm not saying I wouldn't do it again, but I enjoyed our lunch there more than our last dinner.

You're right, I passed up on a free meal. What was I thinking????

And I promise, Z gets cranky.

I also doubt Z was cranky.  I'm thinking he was just giving the smolder and you misunderstood.  

Ha ha! We were one step away from laying on the ground and screaming. He was tired. 

Sorry, I wasn't available yesterday to post, so I have to revisit your BOG post.

We never miss a chance to hit BOG for lunch.  No matter how long the line is outside, it moves fast.

Thanks for the tip about how to use the FP+ system.  I thought you had to be invited. I'm going to give that a try the next time we stay at the Fort.

So, was Jason's sandwich warm?  I tried the Roast Beef Sandwich once, right after they introduced it on the menu, and I didn't think it was very good at all.  Mine was room temperature- and I don't remember the roll being like garlic bread.  I may have to give this another chance. 

TCD

Welcome back! 

For the FP, start checking about 6 weeks in advance. I think it usually opens around 30 days, but they seem to release a whole month at a time. 

Yes, Jason's sandwich was warm. I do remember them changing some items at some point. Maybe that was one of them? He got it without the horseradish sauce, so maybe that's why they did the garlic bread? If so, it was sooooo worth skipping the sauce. I kind of lied.... I said I had a bite. I really had 2!

After the turkeys finally got out of my way and Z was finished with his nap, we headed back to the MK.

I think this was the point in the trip that Z decided he was too cool for a magic band, so I wore 2.

IMG_0770.jpg

By the way, I have really small wrists (too bad it’s not a small waist), so I was glad that they have the part you can pull off. Mine would have been really uncomfortable otherwise.

When Z had been cranky, I changed our Rapunzel FP+ to a JoTLM FP+ for just before the dessert party.

We jumped on the train and road it back to Fantasyland. Can you believe this was Z’s first ride on the train? True story. On prior trips we’ve had a stroller, so riding the train is problematic, unless you’re going to do a complete circle.

IMG_0771.jpg

I still love the way the circus area is themed.

IMG_0772.jpg

We’re here.

IMG_0773.jpg

Yoda Z sang on a rock.

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

I know DIT loves this ride, so I made sure to take lots of pictures.

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

After the ride, we took the semi-secret path past the smoking area and Space to the Dessert party.

IMG_4576.jpg

Seats are already assigned before you get there, so it doesn’t really matter when you get there as far as tables go. However, it does give you more time to eat before the fireworks.

You might have noticed that we didn’t eat dinner. We had a late lunch, and since Wishes was at 8, we had the dessert party at 7:00. THIS was dinner. Z thought I was the coolest mom EVAH for telling him so.

IMG_4577.jpg

I love this castle!

IMG_0776.jpg

This was the view from our table (ours wasn’t a great table because I booked late). Keep in mind, though, that everyone gets up and stands at the rail to watch the fireworks.

IMG_0779.jpg

Are you ready to see the desserts? In addition to what I’m showing, there was ice cream, but I didn’t take a picture of it for some reason.

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

Apparently some people want to be healthy. I say they’re in the wrong place.

IMG_4590.jpg

Drinks… there was also coffee

IMG_4592.jpg

My plate

IMG_0777.jpg

Z’s plate

IMG_0778.jpg

He was excited! Unlimited sugar! This is not a situation he’s had before.

The desserts were pretty and tasted great!

IMG_0780.jpg

We could kind of see the MSEP go by.

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

Whatever they call the projection show these days

IMG_4594.jpg

Well, I'm about at the photo limit, so we'll have to do the fireworks and our MK blitz in the next update. Unfortunately, the weather caused a less than ideal experience again.... but we made the best of it!

Your last update (not including the Boy Scout one) had a split personality.  At first I hated it, what with Princess Seashell and all.  But then you made up for it with pood forn.  :heartsmiley:

We did the dessert party once, and really enjoyed it.  We also did the "big lunch, dessert for dinner" thing and it worked out well.  More room in the tummies for sugar, which when you are paying that price you want to take advantage of. 

Hmmm.

Z loaded up on sugar.

I'm scared.

TCD

He was actually better behaved. Much better behaved then the kids we encounter later that night. 

Your last update (not including the Boy Scout one) had a split personality.  At first I hated it, what with Princess Seashell and all.  But then you made up for it with pood forn.  :heartsmiley:

We did the dessert party once, and really enjoyed it.  We also did the "big lunch, dessert for dinner" thing and it worked out well.  More room in the tummies for sugar, which when you are paying that price you want to take advantage of. 

And you know what? I had to delete the Boy Scout part because I got ahead of myself. I hadn't finished the part in the MK here. I should have added that to the file on my computer. Oops. 

I actually had more ride photos, but had to delete them to include all the food pics. You're welcome. We'll revisit that area in the next post, but I think you'll like that part. 

The dessert for dinner works best when it's an early Wishes, I think. I'm not sure I could wait to eat until 9PM to eat. Then I wouldn't be able to gorge on desserts. Ha ha!

We did it in June.  Later Wishes.  We had a super late lunch/early dinner combo and then PIGGED OUT on desserts.  My kids still cringe if I mention dessert. LOL  They did not take away the empty plates until the end.  There was no room left on our table.