Ticket Prices Going Up Again.....

That very well might be the case for us. We started with planning a trip to the fort in 2015, but were able to work out the trip this May. Now I'm wondering with the prices going up a couple times between our 2014 and 2015 trip if it will be worth it. The only thing that might bring us back in 2015 is another couple families were wanting to make the trek down with us. But for what it will cost us to stay for 10 - 14 days in 2015 it might just be hard to justify it.

I am with AuburnJen, if we go back down for the parks we will stay at Turkey Lake off property, if we are going to enjoy the Fort we won't go to the parks.

We will be there on the 24th of May any chance you guys will be around?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do believe the fort prices are now that they are out of my price range for the amount of times I want to go. $92.90 a day in the summer is just out of line during the week. That is 20 bucks differen

Ok. I agree. It's Fat Tursday. Lets have a Hurricane and celebrate our agreement. Lol

It all depends on optics and economics. Optics As a consumer it sucks to have to use a larger percentage of my disposable income to visit the place I enjoy most As a shareholder, I really enjoy the po

I am with AuburnJen, if we go back down for the parks we will stay at Turkey Lake off property, if we are going to enjoy the Fort we won't go to the parks.

I will be getting ready to go up to TN for the Memorial Day GG.  Otherwise, I would have thought about it seriously.

The article forgot to mention gas and cars are almost 10 times more costly, so I guess Disney is still a pretty good bargain.

How dare you confuse the issue with reality regarding the outrages Disney price increases.

We don't need a balanced and rational discussion. We want, and need, to bash Disney.

Big deal, so energy and cars have gone up more, I'm betting that's all that went up so much.

Scratch that, my apologies, housing has, but I guarantee that's it.

It's simple, if this latest price increase was enough to tip the scale as far as you going or not going, don't go. It's just a silly amusement park and campground anyways. There are plenty of other places that are cheaper and just as good. Oopps, another mistake, scratch that, someone's telling me there isn't.

How dare you confuse the issue with reality regarding the outrages Disney price increases.

We don't need a balanced and rational discussion. We want, and need, to bash Disney.

Big deal, so energy and cars have gone up more, I'm betting that's all that went up so much.

It's simple, if this latest price increase was enough to tip the scale as far as you going or not going, don't go. It's just a silly amusement park and campground anyways. There are plenty of other places that are cheaper and just as good. Oopps, another mistake, scratch that, someone's telling me there isn't.

You are right there is no place better, however most of us don't want to spend all of our vacation money in one place.  It used to be we could vacation at Disney and still do other smaller weekend trips throughout the year.  Or we could go to Disney more often in the year.  Now it will be Disney and nothing much else for the year.

I think the price increase is affecting locals more than people outside of Florida especially tourist from other countries. I think it was nice of Disney to offer the payment plan for annual passes for Florida residents without interest if you can believe that. I think the perk of the ability to purchase a TIW card without being an AP holder is a great perk. Can Disney do better things for locals or AP holders? Of course, but I think price increases tick us locals off the most since we visit more than once a year or once every 5 years. It's all good. I agree with Lou, if you don't agree, don't go

The article forgot to mention gas and cars are almost 10 times more costly, so I guess Disney is still a pretty good bargain.

How dare you confuse the issue with reality regarding the outrages Disney price increases.

We don't need a balanced and rational discussion. We want, and need, to bash Disney.

It's simple, if this latest price increase was enough to tip the scale as far as you going or not going, don't go. It's just a silly amusement park and campground anyways. There are plenty of other places that are cheaper and just as good. Oopps, another mistake, scratch that, someone's telling me there isn't.

Ok. Lets look at this rationally and balanced.

1973. Disney 11 adventure book cost $5.75. Lets just say you bought a few other single ride tickets and you spent $10. Today. One day ticket would cost you $99 or approx 10x as much.

Real prices in 1973 and today.

1973 ticket $10. 2014 $99

1973 house $32.500. 2014 $159,980

1973 car $3,650. 2014 $17,967

1973 gas $.42. 2014 $3.44

If use Disneys price increases a

House would cost $325,000

Car would cost $179,670

Gas would be $4.20.

What I could find energy or at least gas and cars have not gone up more than Disney tickets.

So are disneys price increases high? Yes.

They have consistently gone up more than inflation every year that I can remember.

So is it fair to "bash" Disney for increasing prices again and more than the rate of inflation yes.

And as far as if its going to stop people from going to Disney I'd say yes it will. Fiends on this thread have said they will not be able to afford to go as often and that includes me.

It's not just the increase of the tickets last week it's the increase on everything. Resorts, food, (dining plan included) tickets, etc.

In every business there is a point were people will not pay the price you ask because the perceived value isn't there.

Every one has their own breaking point and for some people this is it.

Ok. Lets look at this rationally and balanced.

1973. Disney 11 adventure book cost $5.75.

But by 1978 they had already almost doubled to $9.00 and you only got 8 tickets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1978-Walt-Disney-World-Adult-A-Ticket-Book-Magic-Kingdom-MK-/271411901976

And the analyst in the Bloomberg article said when adjusted for inflation the multi day ticket is actually $200 lower.

But by 1978 they had already almost doubled to $9.00 and you only got 8 tickets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1978-Walt-Disney-World-Adult-A-Ticket-Book-Magic-Kingdom-MK-/271411901976

And the analyst in the Bloomberg article said when adjusted for inflation the multi day ticket is actually $200 lower.

Not exactly sure what your point is.

If the ticket doubled in 5 years that's way above the inflation rate.

The bottom line is that you can get numbers to support any side of an argument.

I repeat, if you think Disney, or any other companies prices are out of line, don't do business with them.

They're free to charge whatever they want and you don't have to pay them.

Not exactly sure what your point is.

If the ticket doubled in 5 years that's way above the inflation As to my original comment about cars and gas, that was based on the comments of the writer in the 2nd article who used the "5 times" rate. ate.

I felt the price you quoted was artificially low to be used as a fair comparison since it was the first year and they wanted to get people to see what WDW was all about.

Lou your absolutely right. They can charge any price they want. And we have the right to spend our money any way we like. We also have the right to discuss our dislike for the decisions they have made.

I personally have already decided that from now on we will save money by staying off property. We stayed 21 night last year at Disney. 6 nights Value resort, 7 nights at a mod, and 8 nights at Yacht club.

I estimate we spent about $400/ day for room and meals at Disney. That's $8400.99

Will Disney miss my money? Probably not. Someone else will step in and happily pay for the rooms and food I will be spending off property.

I felt the price you quoted was artificially low to be used as a fair comparison since it was the first year and they wanted to get people to see what WDW was all about.

Ok. Good point.

I understand what your saying. And I didn't think about that. Ill have to compare prices between 1978 and today.

Ok. Good point.

I understand what your saying. And I didn't think about that. Ill have to compare prices between 1978 and today.

I did a quick search for prices in 1978 and it actually seems like Disney tickets went up according to inflation. So the numbers I found and used still work for my comparison.

Ok. Good point.

One other thing it might be interesting to compare is number of rides, attractions, shows what have you then vs. now. Also curious but probably unavailable is # of employees at MK then vs. now

Again just data points

Great point Jason.

Also back in 1973 we had A-E tickets. And now it's one price for everything. I can think of a lot more positives then negatives about Disney.

Don't get me wrong. I love Disney and so does my family. And we will continue to go.

And maybe this is just the straw that's going to brake my camels back and we will have adjust how we do Disney.

Me and others on here all work hard for their money and I just need to get the best bang for my bucks.

I wont go back to Universal nor would I stay at one of their resorts because I don't think it's worth it. I liked it and it was fun but it was not worth the money.

And I don't want to have that feeling about Disney.

Bottom line. ... Disney keeps raising prices, and the parks are still full. We can all take our ball and go home, but I don't think they will notice.

Unfortunately your right. But I need to vent.

Dave is right, but I don't like it.  I have hopes that my children will be able to share their Disney memories with their own children.  Both of my children had their first haircuts on Main Street for crying out loud.  They were raised on Disney and at this rate I am skeptical they will be able to pass it along.  Things change, but I do not think that Walt's vision was to have the park priced out of the reach of the working class.  They are getting very close.  

Not to be judgemental, but I'm sure somewhere someone at Disney, and they will never admit it, wanted the prices raised to keep the rift raft out and bring in people who had money to spend and continue to portray that spit clean image of the perfect family with Shirley Temple curls, moms in their designer workout pants and the dad decked out in his J crew polo and shorts. Don't get me wrong, there are your Duck Commanders out there that have every right to be at Disney like we do, but Disney has an image to up hold. I believe along with 100 other things is why prices go up. Busch gardens in Tampa does the opposite. Their pay one day and comeback for whenever for a year fun card drives in the locals by the truck load. There are more rift raft and less fortunate a that I care to be around is why we do not go. I hope you all know what I mean and don't come across better than anyone else. It's just what Disney is looking for

Nah, we will be back to the real world by then unfortunately.