Ticket Prices Going Up Again.....

That's quite a viewpoint.

Seriously. I don't think Disney is doing any such thing.

What they're doing is clear.

Look at this quote from the article Carol linked in the first post:

"Our pricing reflects the high quality and breadth of experiences we offer and our ongoing commitment to investing in our parks," Disney spokesman Bryan Malenius said Saturday. "We offer a variety of ticket options that provide a great value, and find that most guests select multi-day tickets that offer additional savings."

Do you see what old Bryan said there in the second part?

They don't want one day guests.  Or two day guests even.

They want guests who will buy multi-day tickets.

Look at this chart that Mo posted:

Here's the full chart for single and multi-day tickets...

WDW-Tickets2014.jpg

Look at how the ticket prices only increase about $10 a day after you buy a five day pass.

If you buy a 10 day park hopper, it will only cost you $44 a day to visit the parks and hop to your heart's content.

Why is that?

Duh.

They want guests to stay a long time.  Hopefully, in one of their hotels.  And eat their meals in their restaurants (cue the Disney Dining Plan).

Obviously, this is their business plan- sell 5+ day stays.  Price the tickets so that it's disadvantageous to stay for a shorter period.  Dangle packages in front of the guests that include lodging and meals.

Cha-Ching.

They could care less if you're riff-raff. As long as your money's green.

From what I've seen, there is no shortage of riff-raff in the parks. 

TCD

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do believe the fort prices are now that they are out of my price range for the amount of times I want to go. $92.90 a day in the summer is just out of line during the week. That is 20 bucks differen

Ok. I agree. It's Fat Tursday. Lets have a Hurricane and celebrate our agreement. Lol

It all depends on optics and economics. Optics As a consumer it sucks to have to use a larger percentage of my disposable income to visit the place I enjoy most As a shareholder, I really enjoy the po

They want guests who will buy multi-day tickets.

Why is that?

Duh.

They want guests to stay a long time.  Hopefully, in one of their hotels.  And eat their meals in their restaurants (cue the Disney Dining Plan).

Obviously, this is their business plan- sell 5+ day stays.  Price the tickets so that it's disadvantageous to stay for a shorter period.  Dangle packages in front of the guests that include lodging and meals.

Cha-Ching.

They could care less if you're riff-raff. As long as your money's green.

From what I've seen, there is no shortage of riff-raff in the parks. 

TCD

It may very well be their plan, but other than locals who probably have AP's (drastically discounted) how may people do you know would travel to FL to visit WDW for 1 day?

It may very well be their plan, but other than locals who probably have AP's (drastically discounted) how may people do you know would travel to FL to visit WDW for 1 day?

I don't disagree with your point.

But, there could be other locations out of state folks would like to visit, say the beach, for example, and venture over to Disney for a day.  Disney isn't looking for this kind of customer.  They want people to stay with them and spend all of their dollars there.  They're happy to forgo the one day ticket buyers in order to cash in on those looking to stay and spend longer.

There are millions of people who live within an easy drive of WDW, who might be willing to spend a day or two there.  Disney is apparently willing to lose that customer in favor of those staying 5 or more nights.

It's smart business on their part.  Nothing more.

TCD

I agree that is probably their goal but I don't think it's a great plan. Its an ok plan.

Here's why I think that.

They've raised the ticket prices, food prices, and resort prices. This does not encourage people to want to go.

They don't really offer specials during the

summer months. And they don't give you a discount on rooms the longer you stay.

Of course they want people to stay longer but they are disenfranchising or alienates a lot of people.

I know a lot of people that go to central Florida for a week and want to go to Disney for a couple of days and Then go to seaworld, Universal, and then go to the beach. Are they going to give up on seaworld, universal, and the beach to buy a 4 or 5 day ticket? IMHO...no. I think they'll decide to go one day to Disney instead of two or three. Since there really isn't a savings on those tickets.

I wonder what percentage of guest return to Disney after their first visit?

I don't disagree with your point.

But, there could be other locations out of state folks would like to visit, say the beach, for example, and venture over to Disney for a day.

TCD

With 4 parks those people are few and far between, at least amoung the people we've met over the many years of traveling.

With 4 parks those people are few and far between, at least amoung the people we've met over the many years of traveling.

You maybe right. Especially for repeat customers.

However, IMHO a lot of first timers want to do it all. And if they only have a week they won't go to all four parks.

We actually did a one day visit when DS was 4. My brother was in Tampa for a few weeks TDY. My mom, Steve, Drew and I decided to go visit him for a long weekend. We took Drew to the Magic Kingdom for one day. My brother being in the Air Force at the time was able to get us a discount on the admission cost.

We actually did a one day visit when DS was 4. My brother was in Tampa for a few weeks TDY. My mom, Steve, Drew and I decided to go visit him for a long weekend. We took Drew to the Magic Kingdom for one day. My brother being in the Air Force at the time was able to get us a discount on the admission cost.

Do you think you would have gone without the discount?

Do you think you would have gone without the discount?

Yes.

Most of our vacations are based upon visiting family. So, the one day ticket was not cutting into a budget for an elaborate trip to some exotic destination.

We looked at it as we were going to be there anyways so, let's do something. I had asked Drew if he wanted to go to Shamu's house or Mickey's house. He had seen Shamu at the SeaWorld in Ohio. So, he chose Mickey.

Being that he was only 4 and my mother has MS we were not concerned about racing to get everything done that we could in that one day. It was during the summer and I was even able to dinner reservations at CRT at practically the last minute.

I recently bought a 2 day PH for WWW.  The price was ridiculous and if it hadn't been WWW there's no way I'd have bought it, and I'm not so sure I would again.

That said, we bought a one day, 2 park ticket at UO 2 years ago and that was ridiculous too, and we only did so because friends were in town and really wanted to go.

The ticket model for WDW and the other area parks is definitely geared towards "the longer you stay the less you pay (and the more you spend)"

You maybe right. Especially for repeat customers.

However, IMHO a lot of first timers want to do it all. And if they only have a week they won't go to all four parks.

That's where we have to agree to disagree. In my discussions with most people here and around the country, DISNEY is the destination not Florida even if it is the first trip.

I recently bought a 2 day PH for WWW.  The price was ridiculous and if it hadn't been WWW there's no way I'd have bought it, and I'm not so sure I would again.

That said, we bought a one day, 2 park ticket at UO 2 years ago and that was ridiculous too, and we only did so because friends were in town and really wanted to go.

The ticket model for WDW and the other area parks is definitely geared towards "the longer you stay the less you pay (and the more you spend)"

Exactly.

And it is working for them.

The silver lining in this is maybe the parks will be a little less crowded, since there won't be any day trippers.

TCD

That's where we have to agree to disagree. In my discussions with most people here and around the country, DISNEY is the destination not Florida even if it is the first trip.

Ok. I agree.

It's Fat Tursday. Lets have a Hurricane and celebrate our agreement. Lol

Ok. I agree.

It's Fat Tursday. Lets have a Hurricane and celebrate our agreement. Lol

That's definitely a good idea.:D

The price of our APs is sounding better and better ...

No matter what we plan for the day, we visit the MK almost every day, thus requiring park hoppers.  

Our last APs for the two of us were around $1320 including tax.

We visited MK at least 10 days on that trip.  So paying for ten-day tickets at today's prices (and park hoppers) would have been $881.82. 

Our next trip on our APs we plan to spend 21 days there.  I'm guessing we'll spend at least 17 of those days visiting the MK.  So another $881.82 for 10-day park hoppers plus $817.92 for seven more days.

Then factor in that I went to WWW for six days.  Minus another five-day park hopper ticket.

And I'm not counting the cost of our TIW card.  We broke even on the first trip.  Saved on WWW and subsequent trips.

Yep! We'll get 40 days out of our APs over 2 trips. Even at the new price of $675, that's $16.88 per person per day.

Throw in the discounts with TiW and it's practically a bargain!

:rofl2:

You sound like my DW.

"Look how much money I saved today. It was all on sale." Lol

I have friends who are stopping for 2 nights on their way to the Key this week. It happens.

Also, there is actually a large convention draw in Orlando, Disney themselves hosts conventions, and sell special convention tickets to those folks, but there is also the very large Orlando Convention Center that hosts a huge array of conventions, and I'm sure there are folks that find a way to stay an extra day or so.

This thread has become ridiculous. It has kind of turned more into a debate. The funny thing is that Lou is the only one making sense. Weather Disney raises their prices to uphold their image, try to recoup $1 billion dollars for magic bands, or just want to make more money, they will and they can. Who are the idiots here? We are. We are the idiots that now pay over a $100 for a concrete pad and a rusty grill. I am lucky we can afford it and we enjoy it. If you don't want to pay high ticket prices and high campsite prices, go else where. There are a million other people waiting to take your place

Yep if you got the dough then go and if you don't then don't go. Do I think they charge to much yes will I still go most likely. To be honest the biggest thing keeping me from going back right now is the Magic bands. It was ok when they still had paper fast pass. But now with only 3 fast passes per day it just doesn't feel like its worth the money to me.