Ticket Prices Going Up Again.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do believe the fort prices are now that they are out of my price range for the amount of times I want to go. $92.90 a day in the summer is just out of line during the week. That is 20 bucks differen

Ok. I agree. It's Fat Tursday. Lets have a Hurricane and celebrate our agreement. Lol

It all depends on optics and economics. Optics As a consumer it sucks to have to use a larger percentage of my disposable income to visit the place I enjoy most As a shareholder, I really enjoy the po

This is eventually cause the average person to consider vacationing else where. When you see a single day ticket go over $100, I believe it will affect Disney. There is already a bit of chatter of the price for fort sites that might make people look else where and I believe the same will happen to the parks. When will it end? Will Disney eventually become the vacation spot for only the elite and rich. County fairs will become popular again due to these prices. WTF

I keep seeing an offer on FB for Disney, $899 for 2 adults and a kid for like 2 nights or something including tickets. I knew Disney was expensive but seeing this advertised and reading what little you get it's shocking. Almost a grand and you still have to get there and eat!

That's why some of the cruises (non-DCL) seem like such a good deal.

I think they should change the article title from "again" to "still". "Again" kind of implies that there was a chance it wouldn't happen.

At what price will they have pulled the trigger on the golden goose?

That's just what I was thinking.

I wonder how many people actually buy a one day ticket? Besides locals. Would you really go all the way to Disneyworld and only go to one park?

We are going to Southern California next month for my moms 75th B-day and will not be going to Disneyland because im not paying almost $400 for my family to go for one day. After food, drinks, and snacks I'd spend over $500 for one day. How many people can afford that?

I do believe the fort prices are now that they are out of my price range for the amount of times I want to go. $92.90 a day in the summer is just out of line during the week. That is 20 bucks difference a day than last year to my recollection. I understand that "there is no place like the Fort, blah blah blah blah" but there has to be a point where it becomes "there is no place like the Fort where I can afford it." We used to be able to go to the Fort multiple times a year and have a really good time and not break the bank doing it, AND afford tickets to the park. Now, it has become one or the other. That, my friends, is really out of control. We really like going to Disney and love all the aspects of it, however, it is now becoming something we may be able to do every once in a while instead of how we were used to doing it. That is sad because the love of the Fort is what brought all of us together. The fact that we all are being priced out of the very thing we love is just disheartening.

Jen I completely understand what your saying.

$149.63 is what it's going to cost us per night over Christmas for a premium site. (That's all that's available now). And since we don't have a RV we would be renting Donnie's 5er. His prices are really good but it's going to be around $1850 for the week. We are definetely looking into other options. Including staying off property. Which SMB. We love the perks of staying on property.

We can stay at the Embassy Suites by DTD for $1450 for the same week. That includes free breakfast, nightly free managers reception(free booze), and free shuttle service to the parks. It is getting harder and harder for me to justify staying on property.

I mean, something has to give. If the ticket prices keep going up then I have to make up for it on our hotel.

I don't like price increases anymore than anybody else, but with Universal at $92 and Legoland at $84 for a 1 day they're running with the competition.

I know they are running with the competition, however, they are the FIRST to raise their prices and everyone else raises with them to keep up. (just saying)

Jen I completely understand what your saying.

$149.63 is what it's going to cost us per night over Christmas for a premium site. (That's all that's available now). And since we don't have a RV we would be renting Donnie's 5er. His prices are really good but it's going to be around $1850 for the week. We are definetely looking into other options. Including staying off property. Which SMB. We love the perks of staying on property.

We can stay at the Embassy Suites by DTD for $1450 for the same week. That includes free breakfast, nightly free managers reception(free booze), and free shuttle service to the parks. It is getting harder and harder for me to justify staying on property.

I mean, something has to give. If the ticket prices keep going up then I have to make up for it on our hotel.

I am trying to find something to keep my special needs kid busy this summer, which usually means camping. Normally, that was including Disney on property. Now, I have to find something off property and commute. This probably won't be a problem, but it is certainly going to be a first. I can get a month rental at a campsite down the road for six days at the Fort. That really bites. I love being on property just as much as everyone else. It just can't be done at $92.90 a night before state and local taxes. I am just so bummed.

I know they are running with the competition, however, they are the FIRST to raise their prices and everyone else raises with them to keep up. (just saying)

I am trying to find something to keep my special needs kid busy this summer, which usually means camping. Normally, that was including Disney on property. Now, I have to find something off property and commute. This probably won't be a problem, but it is certainly going to be a first. I can get a month rental at a campsite down the road for six days at the Fort. That really bites. I love being on property just as much as everyone else. It just can't be done at $92.90 a night before state and local taxes. I am just so bummed.

Were you bringing the MH or the Pup?  You can drop that to 72 a night and change in a partial with the Pup. Still a lot though :(

LegoLand base may be that price, but they have various specials, buy adult get kid free, less with Pepsi, etc. plus an annual pass at LegoLand with the water park is about $129 I think... But that may be just for Floridians.

Just to show how prices in Fl are skewed, 2 years ago we were able to by a 2 year platinum pass for all of the various Seaworld/Busch parks for around $225. We had to purchase it at the San Antonio Seaworld, but we were in TX for my granddaughters birthday anyway.

The same ticket for 1 year, purchased in Fl would've been close to $300.

Guess it's just because there is so much more here to do, and they figure Texans probably wouldn't be traveling to Fl or Ca that much to use the pass at other parks.

Thankfully we have APs and don't have to pay for tickets on our upcoming trip.

Then we plan to return to WDW in late November/early December of 2015 and purchase APs again.  And then go back in late October/early November of 2015.  

Beyond that I'm wondering if we will be able to afford another trip.  Or be home bound because of my mother.  She's nearly 88, still driving, but she doesn't realize she's having dementia issues.  I don't know how much longer she can live at home alone.

Were you bringing the MH or the Pup? You can drop that to 72 a night and change in a partial with the Pup. Still a lot though :(

in the summer we try to bring the mh. However you can get a month stay at the off site for less than a week now. It really is bad when you have to choose between passes and staying on property.

At some point Disney will discover that they are pushing a segment of the population and their recreation dollar away with their pricing. For us (adults/no kids) we have been spending more time camping or actually going the all inclusive route in the Caribbean.

While you cant make a direct comparison, here is as close as I can get:

Disney's Yacht Club Resort Lagoon or Pool View - Club Level 7 nights

3-Day Ticket (2 adults) with Park Hopper Option

Premium Plan includes dining, unlimited golf, admission to select theme park tours and the Cirque du Soleil show, La Nouba, and more!

Without tax or travel $8,685.56

Sandals Whitehouse (Jamaica)

Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse Club Level Room for 7 nights

Includes:

FREE WiFi Internet access

Premium-brand stocked in-room bars

All meals at seven restaurants

Unlimited Premium Brand Drinks Are Included 24/7 And Served Everywhere Throughout The Resort (swim-up pool bars, Beachfront bars, Vibrant piano bars, Elegant Restaurant Bars)

All entertainment (Live shows, Steel drum bands, fire-eaters, island performers, Weekly beach & bonfire parties, Weekly theme & costume parties)

Every water-sport imaginable is included (SCUBA if certified, Water-skiing, Glass-bottom boats, Knee-boarding and tubing, Windsurfing, Hobie Cat® sailing, Sunfish® sailing, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Aquatrykes)

Land Sports (Tennis, Basketball, Racquetball & squash, Fitness centers, Lawn games, Billiards, Table Tennis, Shuffleboards, Beach volleyball)

Without travel $3,777.70

At Sandals tipping is prohibited (except personal butlers)

Want to take the kids? Sandals has a family brand, Beaches. I priced this one for a family of 4 and its about $6,000 (similar room to Yacht Club with 2 double beds)

Beaches includes:

All meals, unlimited snacks

Unlimited premium drinks

Supervised activities for kids

Fine dining

Scuba diving

Watersports

Land sports

Golf in Jamaica

Airport transfers

Xbox 360 ® Game Garage

The Caribbean Adventures with Sesame Street ®

Last week while I was lying on the beach with a drink in my hand I was not worrying about fast passes or park hopping.  I only wish i had taken the recipe for Kungaloosh with me...

We will visit the Fort, but will be more selective.  More camping trips and hopefully catch a gathering or two.

They're also shortening the periods of time between increases.  For a while the increase was in early August, then in 2011 it was June, last year April, and now February. 

I'd expect Universal will follow suit shortly - they usually do.

Why make the increase in February?

Follow me . . .

Universal will likely raise their prices.  They've got all that new boy wizard stuff that people will flock in to see this summer.

When Universal matches Disney, then Disney can justify another price increase.  After all, they've got a new parade and that new Mine Train ride, plus Magic Bands!!!!

Watch.

TCD