Filling in part of the moat around Cinderella's Castle... a sign of more things to come?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Plaza Garden East, but it is the private viewing location for Kanye West, the West family and assorted Kardashians.  

That's a fascinating video there, Jason.    I took the final view from that video and set it side by side with a satellite image from Google.  It's remarkable how much this is going to change that are

People suck.     I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.     It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!     Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor,

There is now a wall around the partners statue. It is completely boxed in, not even visible. The half of the hub closest the castle is all walled in.

Part of the project will take the bench that circles the statue out.

Well, that really stinks!

This project sucks. Of all things, this is what they decide to spend $ on in the parks?

I can think of 50 other things that needed fixing or replacing before I would give a rat's arse about more space for tour groups to squeeze in at the last second to ruin my spot for the MSEP or Wishes.

This project sucks. Of all things, this is what they decide to spend $ on in the parks?

I can think of 50 other things that needed fixing or replacing before I would give a rat's arse about more space for tour groups to squeeze in at the last second to ruin my spot for the MSEP or Wishes.

So true.

When you get down to it, the whole reason for this project is so they can increase the number of guests they pack into the park.

Will it feel any less crowded if they are shoving more people in to the new space they are creating?

And, I don't care how fancy they made the facades on the backstage area that they are going to herd guests through- it's still a backstage area that was never intended for guests to see.

TCD

If they were doing this for more space and not to allow more people in, it would be good (especially after reading Dave's experience) but I'm sure they now will have more places to shove more people, not good.

I was thinking the same thing.  If this actually helps alleviate the sometimes dangerous crush of people that clogs up this area, then it could be a good thing.

I reserve judgement pending the final result.

Thanks again to TCD, a photo taken today of the Partners Statue all walled off, or as TCD put it "Partners in a box"

partners.jpg

I wasn't sure which thread it was best to post this one on since there's a lot going on here, so here it is - again taken by TCD today...

New Festival of Fantasy FP+ area, the Uptown Jewelers scrim and the crane for the removal of the Castle Dreamlights...

mainst.jpg

WDWMagic has posted some updated photos and this...

We have an updated look at the construction work taking place on the new Main Street Plaza Gardens at the Magic Kingdom.

The project is part of the big hub redevelopment plan, and will create new walkways to ease congestion, as well as new firework viewing areas on the newly created spaces. The area is planned to be open by February 27 2015.

Check out the photo gallery for more photos of both sides of the Main Street Plaza Gardens.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/main-street-usa/news/23jan2015-photos---main-street-plaza-gardens-construction-update.htm

• 3 weeks later...