Does anyone have a travel grill that you love?  Considering purchasing one so we can grill burgers outside...but without having to bring charcoal (plus a couple of campgrounds that we've looked at do not have a bbq at the sites).

Suggestions/thoughts??   

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's this we stuff? Next time I see you behind a grill, I'm taking a photo with my smart phone. But Lou, you don't have one. That's right, I won't need it.

Ok, a "breakfast GG" at Carol's next time at the Fort.

So, basically, we just need to be at the Fort (when you 'all are) then follow you around and eat at everyone else's site.  Yeah... we can do that :)

I have a all stainless steel portable grill that's made for a boat. But it can also be used off the boat.

It uses the small propane cylinders or you can get a hose and adapter to use on big propane tank. We've had it for years and it stays on our boat. And it hasn't corroded yet.

Don't remember the name but they sell them at overtons.com.

Weber Q.  They have a couple different sizes. 

Have one and love it.

Didn't you see the Big Green Egg travel crate? Duh! 

Just make sure you get the fork lift and winch options that they offer.

Hey, if you're willing pay that much for a grill, you can surely afford those options.

Sams has a real nice stainless steel two burner grill that I have had my eye on for less that $100.   Also, it could be converted to low pressure so it could be connected to a tap on your TT gas system after the regulator on the main propane tanks.  Very neat.  I have one that I use a small 20lb bottle. but something else to lug in and out at setup.  Avoid the cheap steel ones, they won't last more than a season.  I have one (no name) that is cast aluminum that cost somewhere in the mid 45-50 range several years ago.

A Florida Gators Keg-a-Que would make a very nice Father's Day gift: http://www.kegaque.com/

I have a Keg-a-Que, but mine's a Tampa Bay Bucs one.  I've had it for years.  It works great and it's perfect for tailgating.

Because of the odd shape, it does take up more room than in should.

TCD

Cute idea.  I don't see where they have college teams, but Tom is also a big Broncos fan so that could work however.... I think we'd like something a bit more compact.  Preferably a table top grill... but as long as the base comes off and folds up tight/small, we could go that way.

So it looks like Coleman (if I check for all the parts :) )  or Weber is the way to go.

Any idea how long the small propane tank (table top kind) lasts?

Another for the Weber Q.  We have the 220 and it fits well in the front compartment.

We would have the Big Green Egg, but there are a few bridge crossings to our favorite campsite that have a 12 ton limit.....

Cute idea.  I don't see where they have college teams, but Tom is also a big Broncos fan so that could work however.... I think we'd like something a bit more compact.  Preferably a table top grill... but as long as the base comes off and folds up tight/small, we could go that way.

So it looks like Coleman (if I check for all the parts :) )  or Weber is the way to go.

Any idea how long the small propane tank (table top kind) lasts?

Yeah, I thought they had college teams, but it looks like they don't.  I guess that's why I have a Bucs one.

They don't fold up.  The legs fold up and hold the top half in place, but it's not compact.  And, the shape is bad to stack stuff on top of.  That's a big drawback.

I've had other, cheapo, portable gas grills that work just as well.

One of those 1 lb. propane tanks will last me at least four or five grilling sessions.  Maybe more, if you're just cooking hot dogs or something that doesn't take long.

TCD