The tech people have been saying that for years which would mean a proliferation of antennas so eveyone gets a good useable signal. The other alternative is remove the trees and vegetation between sites.

Correct. They also said that Fort campers have to put up with the crazy digital cable line up with dashes in the channel numbers and no on-screen guide because that has something to do with bringing us Wi-Fi.

Why don't they just give it up and tell us there isn't going to be any Wi-Fi?

I still haven't heard the official excuse why they can't get the MB's to work on the Comfort Station doors.

TCD

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are fina

1500 is effective the 23rd as well. Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday. The was a surprise, they have had notices up regarding the comfort stations, but nothing about the gates.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.   I did a little research this past weekend.   The Contemporary uses the simple

The tech people have been saying that for years which would mean a proliferation of antennas so eveyone gets a good useable signal. The other alternative is remove the trees and vegetation between sites.

They could tether over the Fort those radar type blimps the Coast Guard uses in the FL Straits to catch drug runners.  Put them  in 2 or 3 locations and broadcast Wi-Fi and non stop Disney programming along with subliminal messages to love the Fort management and spend more $$$.

Aluminum Foil hats anyone?

• 1 month later...

When I was here in september, i noticed on the 900 loop comfort station they had installed additional readers similar to FP+ stations. I found out this trip it was the ONLY CS doors they were installed on. Several times during our trip. CMs were the with a laptop testing or fiddling with programming. Today the special scanners were covered with boxes or removed and the holes in the wall covered with boxes. So who knows what they were trying to do.

When I was here in september, i noticed on the 900 loop comfort station they had installed additional readers similar to FP+ stations. I found out this trip it was the ONLY CS doors they were installed on. Several times during our trip. CMs were the with a laptop testing or fiddling with programming. Today the special scanners were covered with boxes or removed and the holes in the wall covered with boxes. So who knows what they were trying to do.

They were working on a system where you will need a FP for the toilets and showers. You can plan 90 days out when your going. :rotfl6:

As November 1st out of the 6 magic bands we have only 1 will opened the CS and the Laundry room & none opened the gate. When I changed to a different band colors [ I have 3 ] none worked  [activated and deactivated on my Disney experience ] changed back to original color and the 1 worked again.

As November 1st out of the 6 magic bands we have only 1 will opened the CS and the Laundry room & none opened the gate. When I changed to a different band colors [ I have 3 ] none worked  [activated and deactivated on my Disney experience ] changed back to original color and the 1 worked again.

Weird!!  It's one thing if none of them work, period, but I'm seeing lots of reports (here and elsewhere) of people saying sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.

Weird!!  It's one thing if none of them work, period, but I'm seeing lots of reports (here and elsewhere) of people saying sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.

I'll add to the confusion.  For the first time ever, my MB opened the Comfort Station door in the 100 loop late in the first night of our most recent trip (November 5, 2014).  It also worked on the laundry room door.

After that, it didn't work again.

The CM who checked me in specifically told me that the MB would not work on the Comfort Stations, and handed over blank KTTW cards.

TCD

• 1 month later...

We received two KTTW cards when we checked in Thursday.  I haven't tried the MB's at the CS, but my MB (orange) would not work on the front gate.  Somehow I got the gate open by waving the KTTW around the pad like a mad man...which I was becoming.  Kinda glad we brought our own bathroom.  We brought our own washer/dryer, but Judy doesn't like to use it.

I can attest to the fact that the only thing that works on the CS in the 900 loop is the Magic Band.  I went over there with my KTTW card and it would not work so I went back to get my band.  So far we have had no problem with the MB except Ken's trouble at the gate.  He will try again tomorrow when he and Shawnee make another Wal Mart tun.  :banana: