Transportation things that I didn't know about.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

I have a question too... There's a chance I might finally go to the WL this trip (you never know). Does the bus leave from the Settlement or the Outpost?

Should have added you can board it at the Outpost (Yellow) just don't get off when you get to the Settlement and you will end up at the Lodge.

I would not depend on a bus to DTD that early. You may or may not be waiting a long time.

It's hit or miss because even the DTD buses are busy bringing people to the parks.

If you have a car, drive yourself or take a cab.

If we meet, it won't be on the buses. My last day as a bus driver will be tomorrow night.

This is what I get for being away from FF for a while. ):

Bus driver or not, we're still meeting! Although, you've been referred to as Lou the bus driver in my house for so long. Maybe, Lou the Warm and Fuzzy guy will need to take its place...

This is what I get for being away from FF for a while. ):

Bus driver or not, we're still meeting! Although, you've been referred to as Lou the bus driver in my house for so long. Maybe, Lou the Warm and Fuzzy guy will need to take its place...

Maybe he can go from Lou the Bus Driver to Lou the Buddy walker?

He will always be MagicBus in our house. :)

He will always be MagicBus in our house. 

I wasn't posting at the time, but I do know that handle.

Lou, I hope the future holds what you wish it to.

(crap, my Mom always told me to never end my sentences with a preposition, but it doesn't sound right any other way)

Maybe he can go from Lou the Bus Driver to Lou the Buddy walker?

He will always be MagicBus in our house.

The funny thing is that I had never driven a bus before this job, and after tonight, probably never will again.

I've become partial to The Lou. 

MagicBus, The Lou, cranky old bus driver, I'm not done yet.

(crap, my Mom always told me to never end my sentences with a preposition, but it doesn't sound right any other way)

Thanks Jeff.

As long as mom isn't a member, she'll never know.

So, I tried to think how you would re-word that sentence.  This is what i came up with.

Lou, I hope the future holds that for which you wish.

I think your  way sounds better.

So, I tried to think how you would re-word that sentence.  This is what i came up with.

Lou, I hope the future holds that for which you wish.

I think your  way sounds better.

Nice college try Marty.  

Maybe I should have just said Good Luck Lou, but that could be construed as being snarky and that's not what I was looking for.

I'll reserve that phrase for when he gets his dream job of Equine Excrement Technician.

52314110_zps18e97b85.jpg

Kinda, I'll be off for about 3 weeks, and then I'll either cease to be a CM or the transfer has to happen.

Wow.

More proof that the place is run by a bunch of idiots.

Here's an exceptional castmember who would do well in any number of roles, and they just leave you hanging like that?

You ought to go over to Universal and drive that new train they have. Can't be any harder than driving a bus.

TCD

Maybe I should have just said Good Luck Lou, but that could be construed as being snarky

And what's wrong with that?

when he gets his dream job of Equine Excrement Technician.

And what's wrong with that?

The Lou could totally rock that hat.

That's one of hats bus drivers are allowed to wear as well, but IMO, it doesn't go with the uniform.

More proof that the place is run by a bunch of idiots.

Not only run by Disney management idiots, but by Union idiots as well, and if it's possible, they're even more stupid.

Disney caves to the Union representing the full time drivers with the part time bus drivers getting the shaft.

Just because I'm part time and even though I have an outstanding and flawless job performance record, they still will not make any accommodations on my schedule.

After 6 years, I should get some consideration and shouldn't be scheduled for 3:30 and 4:30am shifts on a regular basis.