50 Years, 9 Nights, 5 Beds and 1 Big Fat Mistake

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I broke my no trip report rule and read this one SO FAR. The picture count better ramp up or I am going back to my rule.   I have had a sun pass for a few yrs and it is great although I usually on

Toll booths SMB. If you don't have Ez pass and are driving to the shore you are crazy. The high speed ez pass lanes are sweet.

Andrew, are you trying to get me to read one of your TR's?       sent from that black box sitting on my desk using my fingers on the typing thingy

Great family pics Dave!

They all look so happy all of the time.

You are a lucky man; except for the poopcastle part.

I bet INC took care of that though.

You probably ducked out for a cinnamon roll.

Thanks Aaron.  And yes, INC took care of the poopcastle (like your wording). 

Anna looks so big in those beach pics! 

I know!  She's been sprouting a bit lately. 

It must be all that sand she's been eating.

TCD

Good point.  :rofl3:

Sounds like an RV to me...

Exactly what INC said about our shower.  I have pics of that coming up.  (not in use, mind you). 

OK, I broke my no trip report rule and read this one SO FAR. The picture count better ramp up or I am going back to my rule.

I have had a sun pass for a few yrs and it is great although I usually only use it for the turnpike.

I lived in NJ for 38 yrs and it always seemed that the toll roads and bridges that you had to pay extra to ride on were the worst of all the roads, maybe the road fix it guys didn't have enough money to get thru the toll booths.

Dave, your dad looks great, he looks that good because he never had to use those darn phones you whippersnappers use nowadays. Oh and the ship (keeping with the theme) sailed already on the looking that good at 80.

Keep it coming but lets get those pictures going before I get too bored.

sent from that black box sitting on my desk using my fingers on the typing thingy

I may as well hang it up now and not continue with the trip report.  Bob has spoken.  There is nothing left to say. 

I wish Bob would comment on more TR's.

This comment was gold.

And got a rare up arrow from TCD!

TCD

Don't encourage him. 

Andrew, are you trying to get me to read one of your TR's?

sent from that black box sitting on my desk using my fingers on the typing thingy

I'm not sure you could handle it.

Although there are several photos of your dock in my most recent one.

TCD

Good point. 

I'll settle for commenting more.

On second thought, maybe not. He might pass my up-arrow count.

Again....don't encourage him. 

You Screwed With The Wrong Guy

Ok, let's move along.  

In the last update, we had finished Day 1 of the cruise.  We had gone to bed.  Normally, the next update would begin with morning of Day 2, right?  Right.  Only on this night, I have something to report on at 3am.  

We were awoken at 3:00 by banging on our cabin door.  When you're raising kids, you are conditioned to jump quickly out of bed upon hearing noises such as a child calling for help, the unmistakable sound of vomiting, or any strange noises in the night.  Our bodies are pretty reflexive.  So when there was a banging on the door, I sprang to action quickly and got to door in just a few seconds.  I opened the door in time to see 3 twenty-something people going into the cabin 4 doors down.  It was 2 dudes and a skanky looking blonde.  Pardon my description, but if any of my daughters ever wear a skirt that short or that tight, they aren't leaving my house.  She saw me, and I heard her laughing to her friends and saying "he's in the hall!".  Then she started yelling loudly "where's the vodka!?".  

I was pissed.  

Luckily, none of the kids woke up.  INC woke up, but she can quickly go back to sleep.  However, when I'm awakened at that time of night, I'm done.  I can't get back to sleep.  And considering we hadn't gotten to bed until quite late (for us), I'd only had a few hours of sleep.  So I laid there.  

Finally, around 5:30, I figured I'd just get up and wander up to Deck 9 for some coffee and to see the sunrise.  

But I also had other plans.  

Before getting on the elevator in the Deck 2 lobby, I used the house phone to dial up my new friends.  No answer.  So I called back.  Finally, a very tired and hungover guy says "hello?".  In my best Mr Miyagi, 'Ohana-voice, I said "you order woom service?"  He said no and hung up.  I chuckled to myself.  

I went up to Deck 9 and got a cup of coffee.  They have it available most of the time near the Windjammer buffet.  I walked around a little bit, and came upon another house phone.  

"You order woom service?"

"NO!"

:rofl3:

I dialed their room every 15 minutes for the next 2 hours.  They stopped answering, but I know it must have kept waking them up, because they finally figured out how to block calls with the Do Not Disburb feature.  But it took a while.  Stupid drunk idiots.  

In between accidentally calling people, I went up top to check out the morning sky.  

DSCN4082.JPG

DSCN4083.JPG

DSCN4084.JPG

DSCN4086.JPG

Leo DiCaprio wouldn't have access on the Enhancement of the Seas to be king of the world.  The bow is closed off for anchors and chains.  

DSCN4087.JPG

DSCN4090.JPG

Want more morning sky pictures?

DSCN4088.JPG

DSCN4091.JPG

DSCN4092.JPG

DSCN4093.JPG

That's probably MORE than enough pictures of the sky.  

The seas were VERY calm.  

DSCN4089.JPG

Here I am up on Deck 10 forward.  As we saw from a distance earlier in the report, this is where the bungy jumping attraction is located, and this is what it looks like up close.  

DSCN4094.JPG

There are 4 stations on this thing.  It wasn't open very often, but it was open enough for us to check it out.  That was on Day 3, I believe.  

Here's an early morning picture of the pool deck.  Just like early mornings at the Fort, I love early mornings on a cruise.  Very few people are around, and there is a calm peacefulness that you come to appreciate later in the day when these places are teeming with people.  

DSCN4095.JPG

Those large white "fan" looking structures on either side of the ship are bridges on Deck 10, which has a track around the ship.  Those were added in 2005 when the ship was lengthened.  

DSCN4096.JPG

Communication thingy.  

DSCN4097.JPG

Here's another perspective of one of the main pools.  Sure looks empty right now.  Wouldn't stay that way for long.  Notice the canopies over the hot tubs.  That was a nice feature, as the shade made it comfortable to sit in there even in mid-afternoon.  

DSCN4104.JPG

Let's head inside Deck 9 aft to check out the adult pool area.

DSCN4098.JPG

DSCN4099.JPG

When you walk into the adult pool area, the first thing you notice is how quiet it is.  And I'm not just talking about it having less people.  Even in the early morning, you notice a quietness aurally in here.  I think it's because there is a glass roof that hushes the outside ambient noises from the ship and the sea.  It always felt quiet in there, even when full of people later in the day.

DSCN4102.JPG

DSCN4103.JPG

There is also a small cafe take out counter in there, which I think I have pictures of later in the cruise when we dined there.  It was a nice option to the large buffet restaurant for a quick bite or small lunch or snack.  

I continued back out to Deck 9 aft, where the rock climbing wall sits.  

DSCN4100.JPG

And here we are at the rear of the ship.  I always like looking back at the ship's wake here.  

DSCN4101.JPG

It was about time for me to refill my coffee, make another phone call to my friends, and head back down to Deck 2 to see if INC was awake yet.  I brought her some coffee, which usually helps to get her moving.  This was our day on Coco Cay, and we had plans to head over to the island.  As you could see from my pictures, we weren't at the island yet....so we had time to enjoy our coffee and get some breakfast.  But before long, we were dropping anchor and it was time to get moving.  That's coming up in the next update.  

I missed a few days but am all caught up now.  Awesome report!

A few random thoughts:

The pictures of your girls on the beach are so great.  Not very believable that Izzy was standing on something that brought her to your height though.  She's like Jodi - tall with long legs and still growing.

Love the pics of INC's parents.  What a great trip for everyone, especially INC to get to spend that time with her parents and her own family in such a great locale.

Can't wait to hear about the private island and how it compares Castaway Cay.

Love the early morning ship shots.  Love the early morning calls to your neighbors even more.

Can't wait for more!

Great sunrise pic and I agree a great time to look around. You were very "subdude" in your reaction to Ms.Bimbo and friends IMHO. I like the cover over the adult pool.

The adult pool area was nicely done on this ship.

Awesome pictures and awesome payback to the stupid drunk idiots. 

Thanks!

I laughed my way through your whole post. Good job on the phone calls!

:D

I missed a few days but am all caught up now.  Awesome report!

A few random thoughts:

The pictures of your girls on the beach are so great.  Not very believable that Izzy was standing on something that brought her to your height though.  She's like Jodi - tall with long legs and still growing.

Love the pics of INC's parents.  What a great trip for everyone, especially INC to get to spend that time with her parents and her own family in such a great locale.

Can't wait to hear about the private island and how it compares Castaway Cay.

Love the early morning ship shots.  Love the early morning calls to your neighbors even more.

Can't wait for more!

Thanks Leslie!

It was definitely nice for INC to have this time, and it was very special for her parents.  I think they enjoyed the cruise a lot because they are talking about another now.  

Great sunrise, my favorite time of day at sea. Excellent why to get back with phone calls, will have to remember that. 

Definitely the best time of day on a cruise for me.  

I hoped you pranked the correct drunks or there may have been another tired pissed off Dad.....

LOL!  Don't worry....it was the right room.  This wasn't our last experience with these fools.  They were right next door to the cabin that 2 of my girls shared with their cousins.  

Great morning pix. Beautiful.

Can't wait to hear about Cocos.

I wovve the early morning phone calls.

Brilliant!!!

My BIL did that to us one time at a hotel. I wish I would have thought about calling him the next morning. I've got to remember that. Lol.

I did the next day out out the little card ordering him breakfast to be delivered at 6:00 am. I ordered him sunny side up eggs because he hates eggs.

Vengeance is sweet.

Could you have gone in the pools at that hour if you wanted to? What about the rock wall? Is the track open 24/7?

The ship looks huge, especially the adult pool area.  Makes me think of a floating luxury hotel. Ok, I guess it is. My only cruise experience is the Dream and I didn't feel that way on that ship.

Thanks for this TR. I'm weighing Disney vs. RCCL for our next cruise so I'm paying close attention. I'm mainly considering RCCL because of price, although also thinking whether my teen boys are too "old" for Disney cruise and would find more to do on another ship. Does bungee / rock wall cost extra $ ?. 

I'll admit I would have done the same thing as revenge toward those jerks. Although maybe not as many times because I would be afraid that if they had any brain cells left they might have figured out and there would be more early am knocks on the door, or worse.