Totally worth it, a.k.a. What not to do while passing through airport security

Hey guys!  I’m so happy to have another trip to report on again!  This one was pretty different for us though.  We’ve had a decent number of trips to the World and have had fun having a lot of different people with us – lots of extended family and friends too.  But one thing has remained constant – our nuclear family.  We have always had all of our family of four – Ray (DH), Danielle (DD18), Jodi (DD16) and me, except on a couple of trips that were just for Ray and me.  But this time was different.  Jodi had some pretty exciting summertime plans, including a trip to Charlotte to visit family (including her cousin Lynn, who has appeared in several TRs in the past) and then a big trip to England with my mom for a cruise.  She was actually supposed to go to an adventure camp in NC instead of all that, but a big fall earlier in the summer resulted in an elbow injury that took the adventure camp out of the realm of possibility for her.  Luckily, my mom was already going on the cruise and had room in her cabin, so Jodi just slid into that trip.

Anyway, all that is just a little explanation of why Jodi wasn’t with us for this trip.  But we had someone else with us this time.  Someone else who fell into a category we have never had before – a boyfriend!  :dropjaw:  Danielle, who is going way out west for college next year, went and got herself a boyfriend for her last semester of high school.  First boyfriend for her, and they are still going strong.  So, when we started planning this trip, it was a no brainer that Patrick would be with us.

So, that’s it for the cast of characters – Ray, Danielle, Patrick and me.  We had a huge place with plenty of space to spread out in – a 2 bedroom unit at Old Key West.  I had thought about downsizing when it became clear that Jodi wouldn’t be able to come, but decided that we needed more room since we had a boy in the mix, so we just kept it.  And it was awesome – totally worth it for the amount of room that we had.

So here we are:

Ray and me:

P1080790_zpsf737966c.jpg

Danielle and Patrick:

P1080792_zps0de5bda5.jpg

And all 4 of us, as photographed by Danielle:

IMG_2934_zps29446a79.jpg

As explanation for the name of this report, having a boy around on a daily basis was a totally new thing for us.  It was a blast, but totally different than what we are used to.  First, he hadn’t been to Disney since he was a kid and really had never been to HS or AK, so he was just like a kid in a candy shop.  He was always on the move, ate a bunch (a whole bunch sometimes), and generally was just a blast to have around.  Every once in a while, he would cross the line, though never in a big way, but always followed that crossing with the line, “Totally worth it.”  We heard that line at least once daily, but never had much angst about whatever led up to him saying it. 

Except one time. 

That one time being on our departure day. 

At security at MCO. 

But, since we’re at the beginning of the trip rather than the end, that story will have to wait till later.

Up next, heading to the World!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to personally thank you for performing your civic duty..........of posting timely updates on FF.net.

No.  

Boys are not allowed.  

The end.  

:rofl3:

Ok....I guess it's inevitable.  I'll be looking forward to reading about how you navigated this.  

Same here. I think a taser would be my tool of choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm actually finding time to read another TR...  

I feel your pain (well, maybe not pain, but sort of discomfort) with the new boyfriend.  We are actually going down that same road with Ashleigh...  The whole time we were in Hawaii, she kept the airwaves hot with texting him. 

Anyway, can't wait to hear about what happened at Security in the airport.... Since airports happen to be my second home and source of entertainment, I love a good airport story!