Okay, this is just what i would do for my family.  i would do horseback riding, because I would have at least one who would not be as good at archery and would be frustrated and sad.  No one would be frustrated (I hope!) by horseback riding.

It also depends on both the budget (horseback riding is pretty pricey at $46/person) and the ages of everyone (you need to be at least 9 years old to ride).  If those aren't issues, I'd go with the horses as I think that would have the most memory making capabilities unless you live around horses all the time.  

I've done the horseback ride, and honestly found it rather boring. Basically you sit on the horse, go down this path single file at a walk, then turn around and come back. No interesting commentary about the Fort. The only mildly interesting site was the backside of the golf cart rental storage area and some of the office trailers back there. (Although I later learned from here, there are some old totems back there, but the horse ride guides never pointed them out) My rear decided it was about 20 minutes too long.

My boy did the archery (age 9).  Entry level class and they spend a fair amount of time on safety.  If your family is older (teens) or have had prior experience, it may not be the best choice.

See, I would be weighing the safety factor.  Chances are I would fall off the horse and injure myself.  But then again, one of my kids could shoot me with an arrow.....   Painful to ponder...

:rofl3:

I've done the horseback ride, and honestly found it rather boring. Basically you sit on the horse, go down this path single file at a walk, then turn around and come back 

I haven't ridden at the Fort however... I grew up riding, so I would agree with Carol.  It's a "trail ride", which means it very slow/boring.  However, if you're family is not one to ride, then that may work well for you.  Personally, for this one afternoon, I think I'd let the family split up and do what they enjoy.  Either activity is not cheap, so each person might as well enjoy what they are doing.

Okay, this is just what i would do for my family.  i would do horseback riding, because I would have at least one who would not be as good at archery and would be frustrated and sad.  No one would be frustrated (I hope!) by horseback riding.

As being someone who has done both with their kid, I am wholeheartedly in agreement with this.  My kid was frustrated with archery and it took two years of cub scouts to get him over that frustration.  The horses are slow and won't cause issues.  However, I could think of more fun ways to spend the money IMHO.

From what I've seen of the archery  if you have 3 people or more you could buy the equipment at home and shoot all you want.  If you have ever ridden a horse the ride will bore you to death.  For that amount of money you could rent a cart for the day and go looping or one of the pontoon boats.   However, given only the 2 choices, I would go riding.