• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't posted in a while but this is big info that needs passed on. Starting today BOG is testing a return card system similar to the one for Ana and Elsa and the frozen sing along. Today, all ca

I predict they roll some of the old FP machines back out and install them for situations like this, under the name "Fastpass Classic!".   

FP+ SMB. They need to dust off the old machines. That is all.

Ok, I don't really care if I eat at BOG or not, but does this mean if I arrive at EPCOT at 6pm and am

willing to wait 90 minutes for Soarin' I won't be able to do it because the Stand-by line is closed?

This seems immensely unfair to anyone that wants to do things spontaneously and as the parent of an

autistic child "go with the flow" takes on incredible importance. I am an over-the-top spreadsheet

kind of planner, but if my little guy pulls out his book and points to the picture of Soarin', it

overrides anything Mommy might have in mind.

We spent our last two trips trying to adapt to Disney's changes to the GAC (we had to live without it

because it doesn't work for us) and Fastpass+. Now, if this test continues, it will be another

expensive high anxiety vacation, instead of the "magical" fun time it should be.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent....

Ok, I don't really care if I eat at BOG or not, but does this mean if I arrive at EPCOT at 6pm and am

willing to wait 90 minutes for Soarin' I won't be able to do it because the Stand-by line is closed?

This seems immensely unfair to anyone that wants to do things spontaneously and as the parent of an

autistic child "go with the flow" takes on incredible importance. I am an over-the-top spreadsheet

kind of planner, but if my little guy pulls out his book and points to the picture of Soarin', it

overrides anything Mommy might have in mind.

We spent our last two trips trying to adapt to Disney's changes to the GAC (we had to live without it

because it doesn't work for us) and Fastpass+. Now, if this test continues, it will be another

expensive high anxiety vacation, instead of the "magical" fun time it should be.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent....

when I went to get the green pass signed (I have an ocd/bipolar son) the line was open but when I went back the line was closed. I should have thought to ask if I could get it signed again but hindsight is such a pita

I'm trying to figure out if this is really news, or just a continuation of the test?

From WDWMagic...

New standby policy in operation at Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom
Aug 07, 2014 | 10:10am EDT

Demand for the Magic Kingdom's Be Our Guest Restaurant shows no sign of wavering, and Disney has now implemented a new standby line policy during lunch.

Guests arriving for lunch without a FastPass+ reservation are now given a timed ticket, similar to the old FASTPASS system, and asked to return to the restaurant at that time. Once all the return times have been given out, a sign is posted that no more standby guests will be admitted.

The FasPass+ reservations for lunch at Be Our Guest are only available to Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests, so this new policy means that non-resort guests must arrive early to obtain a ticket, or dine elsewhere.

Dinner continues to be table service with reservations, and is not affected by the new policy. No word on if the change will be permanent - Be Our Guest has implemented a number of systems since opening, so is subject to change at any time.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/be-our-guest-restaurant/news/07aug2014-new-standby-policy-in-operation-at-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-the-magic-kingdom.htm

What the heck was wrong with just standing in line of you wanted to eat?

From my experience, even when the line was all the way across the bridge and around the corner, it still wasn't a problem.

But, it's all out in the open and the sun beats down with no shade or protection from rain at all at lunch time.  Maybe they got tired of providing ice water and umbrellas.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

That brings me to another question. We've had no luck getting BOG dinner reservations for our Halloween trip. We WILL use the resort reservation link to try and get lunch, BUT we won't have tickets attached to our reservation before arriving. Will that kill us being able to use the link for the resort guest lunch reservation.

(I know we can't make FP+ before arrival, but that is not a huge deal for us)

I don't know what all the fuss about BOG is. I actually cancelled our reservations for Dec. 30th. We have ate there twice now. I will say the attention to detail in the dining rooms is awesome. It's like your really in the story, but the food on the other hand is nothing to die for. I'm a connoisseur when it comes to French onion soup and theirs is terrible. The entrees are so so, and besides the grey stuff which us not all that, other desserts can be found all around Disney. Have Anna and Elsa dance in the main dining room and ressies will be a year out. I don't get it. I guess it's all novelty. You wait so long for something and it's cool, but the second time the reality sets in. Same for the mine train. I think every coaster at Disney is better. Again, attention to detail and the wow factor your first time out. How could you build such an expensive attraction to squeeze the heck out of your legs with the safety bar. Big thunder could use them more than that ride