We have been to WDW several times but this will be our first in RV. Not sure where to start. We will be there Jan 3-7. Have a 40ft. With super slide on drivers side and rear slide on pass. side. Will have a 4 & 2 year old with us. Would like to be near CS and playground. Prefer no pet area. Will not have vehicle or golf cart. Any suggestions?

We will be there Jan 3-7

In between New Years and Marathon weekend. While not as slow as the rest of Jan, still low crowd levels.

Pack warm clothes just in case.

Have a 40ft. With super slide on drivers side and rear slide on pass. side.

Length and slides are not an issue.

Prefer no pet area.

There are designated "pet friendly" loops, but as a practical matter there aren't any "no pet" loops.

Even though it may not be a pet friendly loop, you might see dogs.

It all depends how busy it is. I'm thinking at that time of year, you'll be ok.

In your case Premium would be the way to go. All of the Full Hookups are Pet Friendly.

I would recommend requesting 1300 Loop. It is close to the pool. It is not a "designated pet loop", BUT as Lou said, pets could be assigned. There are comfort stations in most loops. There is a playground near the pool.

We are pet people and have been in 1300 three/four times.  Seems like less pets in 1200.  Not much difference in distance as they are co-joined.  

By the way Welcome!!

Only problem being near a playground is their are idiots in the world who think bouncing a basketball at 7 in the morning or all day is ok.

Oh, and welcome

Solution, grab an ice pick, walk over and ask the inconsiderate kid if you can take a shot. Oops, my ice pick seems to have punctured your ball, so sorry. Have a magical day.

......and then yell at them to get off your lawn

:rofl3:

We have been to WDW several times but this will be our first in RV. Not sure where to start. We will be there Jan 3-7. Have a 40ft. With super slide on drivers side and rear slide on pass. side. Will have a 4 & 2 year old with us. Would like to be near CS and playground. Prefer no pet area. Will not have vehicle or golf cart. Any suggestions?

Welcome!  Remember to request being near a CS, when you make the reservations.... Disney is usually pretty decent about that.

First of all welcome!

My .02 cents. We really enjoyed the 1400 loop. We were in the outer loop close to CS. Its next to the campfire and it's nightly movies. Short walk to the pool, bike barn, pond, playground, and store. I did t time it but it was a short walk to the marina also. We do have an app that you can use to look at actual pictures of sites with dimensions of each one.

Can someone please post the link to it? I don't know how to do it.

Again welcome and please go to the introduce yourself thread and introduce yourself.

I remember playing basketball at the Fort when I was a kid it was great. Best time to play was while waiting for your parents while heading to rope drop at MK or about 7a.m. Or coming home from the park around midnight. Oh fun times.

You can also look at the sites here:

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/videos-of-all-camping-loopssites-r263

For someone that hasn't stayed at the Fort before, after doing your research, I would select one or two loops and have it put on your rez when you book it. Then 5 days out, also fax in the loop request.

If you don't want any surprises, park in the overflow lot when you arrive at the Fort and if you have a car drive through the loops you requested and select 3 or 4 empty sites that will work for you.

If you don't have a car, walk over to the Outpost bus stop and take a bus to the loop you requested, walk around to select the sites. Take the bus back to the front.

Now you're ready to check in prepared with site numbers that you've already seen and liked

They'll be no surprises, no back and forth to the front office because the site doesn't work for you.

Yes, it will take a little extra time, but you'll be sure.

You can also look at the sites here:

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/videos-of-all-camping-loopssites-r263

For someone that hasn't stayed at the Fort before, after doing your research, I would select one or two loops and have it put on your rez when you book it. Then 5 days out, also fax in the loop request.

If you don't want any surprises, park in the overflow lot when you arrive at the Fort and if you have a car drive through the loops you requested and select 3 or 4 empty sites that will work for you.

If you don't have a car, walk over to the Outpost bus stop and take a bus to the loop you requested, walk around to select the sites. Take the bus back to the front.

Now you're ready to check in prepared with site numbers that you've already seen and liked

They'll be no surprises, no back and forth to the front office because the site doesn't work for you.

Yes, it will take a little extra time, but you'll be sure.

Who'd a thunk it???  Good advice from Lou!!

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, 400 & 500 are pet loops, although 500 is nice because it's also close to the playground near the dog park.

We've stayed in 500 and I agree with Ed about the size of the sites.  I'd just avoid the few outside ones about midway through, as they back up to the main road.