Do I need a travel agent?

It has been 6 1/2 since our last trip to the Fort. The hubs has ok'd a trip for November 2015 (belated 25 anniversary trip) and I am ready to make reservations.  I have always made the reservations myself but was wondering if any of you had used a travel agency and what the benefits might be?

I like that they will keep an eye out for discounts and if one comes out they change/update it with disney instead of me doing it. I'm a control freak when it comes to planning so that is a little hard for me but then I remember I don't have to sit on hold or try and find time to call them when my kids are asleep or occupied.

To me it's just easier to use a travel agent. I use [email protected] (a sponsor here) and member. He does the calling, looking for discounts, and even makes dining reservations. He will also send in my fax request for me at the appropriate time. (Which since I usually arrive on a Friday, is a Sunday when I don't have easy access to faxing stuff).

I like that they will keep an eye out for discounts and if one comes out they change/update it with disney instead of me doing it. I'm a control freak when it comes to planning so that is a little hard for me but then I remember I don't have to sit on hold or try and find time to call them when my kids are asleep or occupied.

This is pretty much me too. I do use a TA for my reservations. I haven't let go of enough control to also let him do my dining. I know he's spent hours on the phone of my behalf, and that's free to me since Disney pays him. He also got me a discount on my site over July 4th. 

I'm afraid to tell you who I use... Is this a Jason commercial? 

This is pretty much me too. I do use a TA for my reservations. I haven't let go of enough control to also let him do my dining. I know he's spent hours on the phone of my behalf, and that's free to me since Disney pays him. He also got me a discount on my site over July 4th. 

I'm afraid to tell you who I use... Is this a Jason commercial? 

Not necessarily, we are an equal opportunity board here :)

ok I feel I should chime in here. I am not paying these people to put my name out there. LOL 

As stated above No extra charge for you. Disney Pays me a commission, 

I can and have sat for hours when a new promo comes out on the phone to get reservations adjusted to save people money. 

Some of my customers like Kelly prefer to handle there own dining and some I book the dining reservations for. I am willing to so as much or as little as makes you comfortable. 

Also I have had some clients who while en route to the Fort have had a break down and they would not have made it that night. I always have some form of access to my reservation info and the phone number you call rings on my cell phone. Some agents have office hours. I don't. As long as I am awake and in an environment to answer I will, and even being awake is negotiable, I have been known to answer questions asked at 1 in the morning. So I am pretty much always here when you need me. 

I prefer to get things done for you as quickly as I possibly can. I dont like things hanging around making me wait to I try to keep others from waiting on me. 

I can't promise a particular site, a guaranteed discount, or a perfect vacation. I can promise to do my best to make Disney aware of what you want, search for any discount possible, and work with you to remove any worries you might have about your vacation. 

I guess that's all I have to add for now from a TA perspective.