there was absolutely no drama on this thread. TCD was merely pointing out that if you keep searching for dates that are longer than the dates you actually want, you should be able to find a campsite for your dates. Once you or your travel agent actually book the reservation, then call back and cancel the extra days.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been quiet, but I have to point out that alliegant flies out of knoxville to Sanford nonstop for $191 round trip - so less than 400 for two and apply the extra $$ to said preferred site ? Lurkers

This one is directed at me, right?   This only reaffirms what I said earlier- something ain't right here.   There are no rude, inflammatory, accusatory or condescending posts on this thread.  And your

To say I find your post rude, inflammatory, and harshly accusatory would be an understatement. You have crossed the line with your accusations and rudeness. It is absurd for you to comment on finding

OP said there was availability for moderate or and above. And that those sites were out of her price range. I'm assuming she meant preferred and premium were available but that those sites were out of her price range. I'm sure she is trying to book a full hook up or tent/pop up site.

So nothing ain't wrong. You just found the same info OP probably found and I found. Only premium sites available. Nothing else.

We have to remember that not everyone, especial new Fiends knows the system as well as other more experienced Fiends, and might just be looking for assistance.

I read it that the OP couldn't find a campsite, and the only hotels available were moderate and above.

I read it that the OP couldn't find a campsite, and the only hotels available were moderate and above.

Great point carol. After reading your post I went back and reread the OP and it can be interpreted that way.

It is difficult to read the nuisances in people's speech. When I read TCDs remarks I knew exactly what he was saying an didn't take it negatively. However, I can see how someone could have.

To me that's one thing I need to work on. The ability to express in the written word what I'm actually trying to say.

So I apologize to TCD for assuming he should have interpreted OP remarks like I did.

I'm confused.

Tcd - I didn't direct anything toward you.

Good, but, then who was this comment directed at?

However negative PMs and sarcastic posts aren't needed, as I am just exploring my options to keep from canceling my trip.

I am glad to hear that you weren't referring to my post as sarcastic, because it wasn't.  I've re-read this thread from the beginning, and I still don't see any sarcastic posts.  I know that I didn't send you any PM's, and based on what I've seen on this thread, I'll bet that just like there were no sarcastic posts, there were no negative PM's either.

But I am not sure why you keep saying something is not right.

I said something ain't right because, with all due respect, your story doesn't add up.

In case it disappears, this was your very first post here on ff.net, which started this thread:

I booked 2 reservations for the Fort one for May and one for Christmas. With my work schedule it looks like we will not be able to make it Christmas and I told hubby to cancel December. He canceled May accidentally and now there is no availability for our May trip. Does anyone have a small family going who would be willing to share their campsite for a small tent for myself and my teen daughter. We would split the site cost with you. :) We are looking at flying in on Thursday May 21 and departing May 24. There is no availability anywhere but moderate and above Saturday which is out of our price range. Since we are coming for the 24 event we would love to not have to cancel our trip. If you would be willing to let us split the cost and add us to your site so we can do Magic hours please let me know.

Thanks!!

After a couple of helpful suggestions that you check with a travel agent you said:

I have contacted 2 travel agents who have confirmed nothing for Friday Saturday and Sunday, but thanks for the suggestion.

I thought that didn't sound right, so when I got a moment I checked, and sure enough, there are campsites available for the dates you want. I took a screen shot of one offer I saw, and posted it to show that there is availability.  Any travel agent who has experience with Disney (and most of the members of the forum) know how whacky the Disney reservation system is and would have been able to assure you that it is very likely that you will be able to get a campsite for the dates you're looking for.

My comments about something not being right were to point out that there is more going on here than your initial post stated. That's a huge red flag. You are asking for someone to add you to their reservation and let you stay at their campsite. If you aren't being honest about the circumstances that led to you making the request, what else about your story isn't true?  You may be a wonderful person, and all of this may be a big misunderstanding, but I think anyone would be foolish to add a complete stranger to a WDW resort reservation, and allow her (or him?) to camp with them, especially when there's something fishy about the story.

Didn't post with the intent of any drama on the board or via pm.

Well good, you got no drama.

And I think we're done here.

I hope that you're able to get your campsite and that you have a nice trip.

TCD

To say I find your post rude, inflammatory, and harshly accusatory would be an understatement. You have crossed the line with your accusations and rudeness. It is absurd for you to comment on finding a reservation at a given time because something happened to open up while you were on line and I was not. Absurd and in the future you might consider being a little less condescending to people looking for help or information from seasoned veterans. I don't appreciate your words and implications.But that's okay I have no interest in belonging to a group that bullies other members.Following up with the admin who pmed me about how to deactivate thanks to your rude accusations about a situation you were ignorant of but chose to behave in this manner. I have no further response to any of your future spewings.

To say I find your post rude, inflammatory, and harshly accusatory would be an understatement. You have crossed the line with your accusations and rudeness. It is absurd for you to comment on finding a reservation at a given time because something happened to open up while you were on line and I was not. Absurd and in the future you might consider being a little less condescending to people looking for help or information from seasoned veterans. I don't appreciate your words and implications.But that's okay I have no interest in belonging to a group that bullies other members.Following up with the admin who pmed me about how to deactivate thanks to your rude accusations about a situation you were ignorant of but chose to behave in this manner. I have no further response to any of your future spewings.

This one is directed at me, right?

This only reaffirms what I said earlier- something ain't right here.

There are no rude, inflammatory, accusatory or condescending posts on this thread.  And your reaction is out of all proportion to anything that was said to you.

This message board has been around for four years now.  It's a fun place for people to come and discuss Fort Wilderness, camping, Disney and fun.  Nobody bullies anyone around here.  There is no drama here.  I have yet to see a spew.

As I said already, I truly hope that you are able to work out your reservation fiasco and that you have a great trip to Disney World.

TCD

Is this someone trying to be funny?  Because in another thread, can't remember which one, someone mentioned that on a thread on Voldy someone asked to share a campsite and that the person started

to make some weird demands of people.  It just seems way too much of a coincidence.  But no drama!

This one is directed at me, right?

This only reaffirms what I said earlier- something ain't right here.

There are no rude, inflammatory, accusatory or condescending posts on this thread.  And your reaction is out of all proportion to anything that was said to you.

This message board has been around for four years now.  It's a fun place for people to come and discuss Fort Wilderness, camping, Disney and fun.  Nobody bullies anyone around here.  There is no drama here.  I have yet to see a spew.

As I said already, I truly hope that you are able to work out your reservation fiasco and that you have a great trip to Disney World.

TCD

You didn't offer to buy them a Main Street Cinnamon Bun!

TCD

All class.

Nice work TCD.

As you (and your TRs) were the reason I sought this place out in the first place, it is nice to know you can respond to negativity and such with class as usual. You are an ambassador for WDW, the Fort, and this forum.

Although you do have negative things to say about WDW and the Fort at times, it is only because you want the place you love and enjoy so much to be its best self. There is nothing wrong with that and in fact, I respect that about you.

Don't let any of this go to your head though. I still like the:

Tigers/Braves over your Rays

Irish/Wolverines over your Gators

Lions over your Bucs

Red Wings over your Lightning.

But in honor of your classy response to Voldyesque posts:

Go Gata!!!!

My main problem is I have to cancel my airline reservations within 15 days of arrival to not have to lose $850 in tickets-

I've been quiet, but I have to point out that alliegant flies out of knoxville to Sanford nonstop for $191 round trip - so less than 400 for two and apply the extra $$ to said preferred site ?

Lurkers - I know you are lurking and I want to point out that the folks on this site merely want your friendship or fiendship as it were. Meaning if you spend any time on this board, you'd know that TCD sounds like he always does - his TR's are a whimsical cornucopia of blunt observation and tongue in cheek. Friendship means you share- your pictures, stories, and you take the time to get to know the folks here. Go back and read the origins of this board. You will not find a nicer bunch of folks. But they will be quick to call BS - as friends do for each other.

I've learned rhino faces, not to hate the Gators quite as much, can't wait for an Anna hug someday, and actually want to put faces and people for names. You have to share...not take.

And as my daddy always said... You get more bees with honey than vinegar....

Admins- delete if not appropriate place or time.

I was going to be quit about this thread but I can't. I just have to say I'm a little embarrassed how this conversation progressed from bad to worse. None of us know if the OP was a troll, a drama queen, or just a sincere, perhaps a little naive, first time poster.

Was it a bit naive to ask total strangers to share a campsite? Yes.

Was she quick to react negatively? Yes.

Could she have worded her OP better? Yes

Was she over the top on her reaction to comments made? Yes.

Was she a troll? I don't know.

Would a troll post their email? Probably not.

Did she? Yes.

Was it possible that when she looked for a site there was none available? Yes.

Is it possible that she wasn't using the best TA on the web (Jason) and had a TA that's not familiar with Disney? Yrs

There's a fine line between being snarky and rude.

Was anyone on this thread rude? Not really.

But please put yourself in the shows of someone who just stumbled on this forum and the first thing you read was this thread.

I bet that person would not be that impressed with this forum.

If a person has a good experience in your business, they might tell one or two of there friends.

If a person has a bad experience they will tell everyone.

I've been quiet, but I have to point out that alliegant flies out of knoxville to Sanford nonstop for $191 round trip - so less than 400 for two and apply the extra $$ to said preferred site ?

Lurkers - I know you are lurking and I want to point out that the folks on this site merely want your friendship or fiendship as it were. Meaning if you spend any time on this board, you'd know that TCD sounds like he always does - his TR's are a whimsical cornucopia of blunt observation and tongue in cheek. Friendship means you share- your pictures, stories, and you take the time to get to know the folks here. Go back and read the origins of this board. You will not find a nicer bunch of folks. But they will be quick to call BS - as friends do for each other.

I've learned rhino faces, not to hate the Gators quite as much, can't wait for an Anna hug someday, and actually want to put faces and people for names. You have to share...not take.

I liked the post until the Gata comment. 

why would we delete something that is obviously practicing the use of self moderation?

Let's review, shall we?

1. OP had a mistakenly-canceled reservation for 5/21-5/24, can't re-book it, wants to share a site with someone.

2. Resident TA's confirm there's no availability for those dates.

3. TCD finds sites available, but for a wider range of dates- 5/20-6/3, wonders what OP's problem is.

(Note: We now know Disney is not allowing reservation-trimming anymore, so that's not a solution either.)

4. ? ? ?

5. Internet Drama!

Let's all remember that internet forums are not optimized for perfect communication. People can and do word things awkwardly, and other people can and do misunderstand them. From what I can tell, I don't think anyone here had any sort of bad intent- the OP was not a troll, and everyone seems to have been trying to help in their own way.

To the OP: If you received any negative or abusive PM's, please use the report function to let us know about them.

To everyone else: Be nice to each other. It's like, the one rule that we have.

Not trying to be nasty, but the OP could not be bothered to shop around for a reasonable airfare but now cannot afford $15 a night to upgrade to Premium? Fishy. But hey, I don't have a dog in this fight... whatever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk