Breaking: More Magic Kingdom Restaurants Add Booze to Menus

Not just dinner, either:

In a somewhat shocking turn of events, 4 more Magic Kingdom theme park restaurants at Walt Disney World will begin serving alcoholic beverages on December 19th, 2016. 

Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, Liberty Tree Tavern, the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen and Cinderella’s Royal Table will serve the beverages daily during lunch and dinner services. They will join Be Our Guest Restaurant, which when it opened in 2012, became the first Magic Kingdom establishment to serve alcohol. Prior to that, the park had a ban on the sale of the substance which it inherited from Disneyland, a tradition dating back to 1955 and continued when the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971.

As it was before, the beer and wine will only be sold at sit-down restaurants and there are zero plans to add kiosks or anything else of the sort serving alcohol to the park.

Here is a list of the drinks being added too the menus:

• Tony’s Town Square Restaurant will offer Italian wines and beers, including a Chianti Superiore designated to pair with the grilled pork chop with mushroom-bean pancetta ragu and marsala reduction.
  • Liberty Tree Tavern will serve beer, cider and domestic wines to go with its American cuisine. Koziol paired a New England lager with the Patriot’s Platter of roast turkey, roast pork and prime rib.
  • Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen in Adventureland will have a more global beverage menu, with drinks such as a riesling to pair with Trader Sam’s head-on shrimp.
  • Cinderella’s Royal Table will serve champagne and sparkling wine.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/12/breaking-magic-kingdom-restaurants-begin-serving-alcohol-next-week/

25 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I wish they would go further and put a full bar in the Skipper Canteen restaurant.

That would be awesome.

If they aren't going to honor Walt's wishes, why limit it to beer and wine?  Go big.

TCD

I have to believe that was part of the grand scheme for that restaurant. Totally agree with you, sir.

5 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

This doesn't bother me at all. Having it at BOG has done nothing negative to the ambiance of the park. 

I'm sure it happens, and probably at Epcot more than any other park. But I don't remember ever seeing a guest out of control and stupid drunk at any park.  

Imho. What's the big deal?  Besides Walt didn't want alcohol at the MK.   Do you think he knew they would serve alcohol at Epcot?

Btw.  Club 33 was walts idea.  After seeing the lounges at the worlds fair  

And from what I've read he knew it would serve alcohol.   So he wasn't completely against alcohol in the parks. 

I like to drink and don't mind alcohol being served in the restaurants at the MK, but I am against kiosks and ever opening around the park. As much as I would enjoy them, can you imagine the drunk bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthdays and such stumbling through the MK it could be a problem for some families. I have encountered some interesting drunk groups at Epcot before and overheard people complaining about them. Wasn't there a story on here a while back about the guy trying or actually climbing the pyramid in Mexico. Imagine that being splash mountain or anything else haha.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

With the exception of weekends during Food & Wine, I don't think I've ever seen anyone noticeably drunk in the parks. 

There were plenty there Saturday.  We spent the day at Epcot and I told my wife and daughter it looks more like a flea market for drunks every day (due to all of the kiosks and drinking).  Several groups with matching T-Shirt like "Getting Lit for Christmas" and "21st Birthday Brigade" were loud and obnoxious, especially during the processional.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

There were plenty there Saturday.  We spent the day at Epcot and I told my wife and daughter it looks more like a flea market for drunks every day (due to all of the kiosks and drinking).  Several groups with matching T-Shirt like "Getting Lit for Christmas" and "21st Birthday Brigade" were loud and obnoxious, especially during the processional.

I'm all for having a good time, but what sort of idiot would be disruptive during something as solemn, moving and deeply meaningful as the CP?  I understand not everyone believes in the Christmas story, but I wouldn't act like a drunk fool during something that is meaningful to others regardless of my personal beliefs.  It's called Respect.  

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

We saw enough people for it to be noticeable to me in Epcot over Labor Day weekend which wasn't any special event. My husband saw a guy fall into the bushes and the woman with him screaming at him "This just isn't funny anymore."  There were a number of people in groups and even moreso than usual rude people they were fueled by drink rude people who thought they owned the pavement and everyone else better get out of their way. I'm not against public drink but I am against public drunk. And, stepping on my soapbox a little, there are 50 million places to go to drink but only one place to go that is WDW parks.  Personally, I'm not in favor of turning the one into the other.

I'm just amazed that people are so willing to spend that much $$$ just to have a drink, and then to spend that much more to get drunk!

I used to vend at the Rays games, and people would spend over a $100 easily to enjoy a few beers at the game.

I'm just too cheap.  I'll wait and go back to the campsite or hotel room and enjoy a 12 pack that cost about the same as 1 or 2 beers at EPCOT.

On a rare occasion we will get a mixed drink at Food and Wine but they are a hit or miss proposition.  

I always thought of the World Showcase as more of an adult area so alcohol over there doesn't bother me. I've done the Drinks Around the World thing more than once with a group. While the intent was to drink it wasn't to be to the point you are falling down drunk, getting sick or being obnoxious. I don't like the idea of the MK serving alcohol. It is a family and child oriented place to me and all it will take is one misbehaving drunk inside to ruin the day for a lot of kids (or me for that matter). I'd much rather see the MK stay alcohol free. If someone needs a drink that badly to make it fun then they are in the wrong place to begin with.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

I always thought of the World Showcase as more of an adult area so alcohol over there doesn't bother me. I've done the Drinks Around the World thing more than once with a group. While the intent was to drink it wasn't to be to the point you are falling down drunk, getting sick or being obnoxious. I don't like the idea of the MK serving alcohol. It is a family and child oriented place to me and all it will take is one misbehaving drunk inside to ruin the day for a lot of kids (or me for that matter). I'd much rather see the MK stay alcohol free. If someone needs a drink that badly to make it fun then they are in the wrong place to begin with.

The World Showcase has the highly popular Frozen ride, among other things oriented toward kids. Disney didn't design it as a adult area, although they could have, and I don't think it should be given a pass. 

On 12/19/2016 at 11:30 AM, Travisma said:

I'm just amazed that people are so willing to spend that much $$$ just to have a drink, and then to spend that much more to get drunk!

Which is why Disney is willing to abandon tradition. The profit margin on drinks is too good for them to pass up any longer.

Walt's dream of a clean, affordable place for families to come and be entertained together is starting to be subsumed by the dream of corporate profits.

Is their target audience even families and children anymore, or has it become strictly adults with thick wallets?

Don't get me wrong, I like to have a beer or glass of wine with my meal, but I don't NEED it, and I always appreciated that the MK was alcohol-free.