February 2011 Trip Report From TCD

Hey, you’re the one posting pics of steel balls!

ShantaClausSm.png

OK, you got me there.

I won't do that again if you promise not to chant "Corn Hole."

And the answer is...SCRABBLE!

It's me, Norm, the one and only genuine Troll, the hater of blowups, especially ones that depict the baby Jesus!

Hey, how come you can troll steel testicles and get away with it but if I criticize sacrilegious made-in-China Walmart blowups, I get raked over the coals?!

Not fair, I say, not fair! TCD gets all the Get Out of Jail Free cards he wants!

Hmmm.

Scrabble is right.

But it could be a lucky guess.

What word did Mrs. Troll spell right before it was your turn?

Just kidding.

It is really Norm!

Welcome, Norm!

And stop your bellyaching about my preferential treatment.

I don't think we do that over here.

Bellyaching I mean.

The preferential treatment is fine by me.

TCD

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I continue to be astounded at the decisions being made "over there." Speaking for myself, I have no desire to be hostile to anyone. The success of our site is entirely independent of the success of th

OK, stand back. DaveinTN has requested an update, and By Golly, he's going to get one! I've got 30 new photos loaded, so let's knock this one out! It's still Saturday morning. I have been away from th

Yes. I’m back. It’s really me. I was just taking a break. For those of you who are not familiar with me, I do that from time to time. In this case, I have taken a permanent break from the place where

Welcome Norm!!!

And great updates Andrew!!

Sorry I have been away a bit the past two days. But you see, I was completely swamped answering all my fans from catertodave.com. The action on that site is insane! :rofl2:

I may be away a bit more the next couple days as we travel home this weekend, but I promise to get caught up eventually. And please try to find one stinkin picture of food on your card. I find it hard to believe that a man can take 6,000 pictures during a weekend and not one is of food...unless it's of him posing horribly with a sausage. :parrot:

Thanks for checking in!

I was starting to worry about you.

I am glad that you have a lot of fans over there on catertodave.com.

You know, I really don't think I have a food photo for you on this trip.

I don't know why I don't take food photos.

I mean you can tell by looking at me that I love me some food.

But, for some reason I am not in the habit of photographing it before I eat it.

Sorry.

But, I'll bet I could find that sausage photo if you really wanted me to.

On second thought, didn't I say something earlier about leaving the past in the past?

I think that would be a good thing for the sausage photo too.

But I will keep it handy.

I can use it to keep you in line.

As in:

"Don't make me post the nuremberg sausage photo!"

TCD

Studying this a bit, I see that the first flag in the photo is a D. The next flag is a flag that represents a number. Same with the other, longer, flags. So these flags do spell Dockside Diner. If you ignore the number flags interspersed in the line up.

I can't ignore the number flags. They're there, aren't they? Gotta figure it all out.

Looking at the flags from this direction (which we're meant to do, I guess, because the alphabet flags spell "DOCKSIDE DINER" correctly this way), we get:

I don't have any idea what this means. Surely the imagineers are telling us something. Next time we're at the Studios, I'll have to investigate this further.

Maybe it's the combination to the safe inside the diner or something.

I can't ignore the number flags. They're there, aren't they? Gotta figure it all out.

Looking at the flags from this direction (which we're meant to do, I guess, because the alphabet flags spell "DOCKSIDE DINER" correctly this way), we get:

I don't have any idea what this means. Surely the imagineers are telling us something. Next time we're at the Studios, I'll have to investigate this further.

Maybe it's the combination to the safe inside the diner or something.

Dude!

You are a guy after my own heart!

You are probably right.

Those numbers probably do mean something.

So, I dialed the number on my phone.

You aren't going to believe this.

Dave in Tennessee picked up!

This is a number for a pay phone in Russia.

OK, I made that up.

But, i wonder what those numbers mean?

I agree, why would they stick random numbers in there?

Did you figure this one out?

flags2.jpg

TCD

I did a Google search of the numbers and a couple of links came up. Some people think they are significant dates,7/8/25, 6/2/89, 6/3/54 or 7/82, 5/62, 8/96, 3/54, or '78, '25, '62, '89, '63, '54, but someone said that they mean nothing and the Imagineers put them in there randomly.

The other flags spell out Fort Fiends.

Best Regards,

Norm

Right after the turn off for the Fort, on the way to Wilderness Lodge, these cops were set up pulling folks over for speeding:

100_9326.jpg

100_9327.jpg

They were sneaky, too.

They had a man out by the road with a radar gun.

And then another down here where you see the cars parked waving cars in to the parking area.

The speed limit along here is something ridiculously low.

They were pulling a lot of people over.

I hope that they were just giving warnings, and not real tickets.

A ticket would not be much fun at the happiest place on earth.

I was pulled over there back in 05. I think that the speed limit there is 35, and I believe that I was pushing 50. My wife and I were headed to WL for breakfast. My wife was pregnant and really showing it. When the cop asked where I was headed my wife said "Wilderness Lodge and I have to pee really bad". :rofl2: He handed my license back over and said "slow down and be careful". :parrot:

You're lucky this guy didn't pick up.

Mr.-Putin-Is-Looking-Angry.jpg

That is one crazy and scary looking dude!

Fort Fiends!

Never Mind. Auburn Chris already got it. :-[

No- I think you got it first!

Good job!

I did a Google search of the numbers and a couple of links came up. Some people think they are significant dates,7/8/25, 6/2/89, 6/3/54 or 7/82, 5/62, 8/96, 3/54, or '78, '25, '62, '89, '63, '54, but someone said that they mean nothing and the Imagineers put them in there randomly.

The other flags spell out Fort Fiends.

Best Regards,

Norm

Nice work there, Norm #1.

I didn't know this had been discussed elsewhere.

But, as far as I know, I am the first person who ever figured out these flags at Typhoon Lagoon spell Piranha in Pool:

August2010011.jpg

If you don't believe me, use this guide to see for yourself:

August2010006.jpg

That is a weird thing about the numbers.

I did not see any kind of pattern, so I thought that they were random.

But, now that I think about it, there isn't much that is random at WDW.

I was pulled over there back in 05. I think that the speed limit there is 35, and I believe that I was pushing 50. My wife and I were headed to WL for breakfast. My wife was pregnant and really showing it. When the cop asked where I was headed my wife said "Wilderness Lodge and I have to pee really bad". :rofl2: He handed my license back over and said "slow down and be careful". :parrot:

I'm glad that you didn't get a ticket.

I think the speed limit is still 35, and folks certainly zoom through there much quicker than that.

TCD

Love the Chevy Chase references :)

And I bet you have a picture of the new furniture at the Meadow Swimming Hole. I noticed on our last visit in April.

It was long overdue.

Chevy Chase?

Where?

I don't think the new furniture was there yet.

I have some pool photos coming up and we can check for sure.

I do think that it was there for our spring break visit.

TCD

Continuing on my patrol, I was surprised to find that their were new occupants in site 617. There were quite a few open premium sites all over the Fort, but these campers were lucky enough to be assigned to 617. This site is rarely empty:

I starting to think that there might be something a little more nefarious (sp?) going on here. Possibly, folks are targeting 617 as their one chance to gain fame in a TCD TR. Ingenious when you really think about it. :wiz:

And not much fun at "Where Dreams Come True" either.

Couldn't resist.

My apologies.

I have to get with the times!

I starting to think that there might be something a little more nefarious (sp?) going on here. Possibly, folks are targeting 617 as their one chance to gain fame in a TCD TR. Ingenious when you really think about it. :wiz:

Crap on a spatula!

You might be right!

Am I getting played?

I thought your squirrel posts were Christmas Vacation references.

My bad.

Nope.

I was quoting Dug from UP!

dug-up.jpg

Please tell me that you and the kids have seen it.

If not, you must.

Tangled too.

TCD

Sounds like the popular refrain from Beavis and Butthead cartoon. Or at least something close. :rofl2:

cornholio_2.png

Ooops. I guess my memory had faded a bit. But I like the visual. :)

Dag nab it!

I have no idea who or what Cornholio is.

I guess I was living under a rock when Bevis and Butthead were popular.

I did a little Google search on this ,and I did not like what I saw.

This is all your fault, Shanta.

That's what you get for the CORN HOLE chant.

I hope you're happy.

TCD

TCD, I have followed along all this way, reading this great report when I should be "workin' for da man, as well as skipping out on all of the honey do's that my wife expects of me... But as I read along I feel as if there is something missing in the report...

We need to get a Rocky report.... Where is the official dog of the TCD clan?

Time for another installment.

As you may remember, there have been persistent rumors for the last year or so about a big new construction project in the area of River Country. Slowly, information has been revealed which establishes that there is truth to these rumors. The specifics are still hazy, but the project involves relocating the current equine operations located in the Settlement area of the Fort up to the Outpost area. A permit application for the new horse barn and related buildings in the Outpost area was discovered by a fellow Fiend, WannaBeImagineer, and there was much discussion about these plans. The permit application was made last Fall. I figured that since they applied for a permit, and the information was being discussed publicly, that ground would be broken early in 2011.

Hey TCD, after reading this post I realized it had been awhile since I checked on this project, so I did a little digging. It looks like they fired it back up, they resubitted in March and the ERP permit was issued on April 22, 2011. That means they are clear to get a construction permit, so everyone keep an eye out for it. I'm guessing all this permitting activity might mean things are going to start moving.

WBI