• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you feel strongly about this situation as an anti-mask and getting life back to normal side. And others feel just as strongly supporting the wearing of a mask and erring on the side of

Holy crap. This is just as bad as the comments on the Disney Parks Blog. What a sad state of affairs. So many people brainwashed by those currently in charge to disregard science and even co

I'm not arguing government mandates in people's individual communities here - that's not what we were even talking about.  The mask requirement at Costco or Disney or any other private company is not

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I've always carried a paper towel or napkin (honestly, if I still had my grandmother's...I"d carry a hankey), this allows me to cover any sneezes or coughs, which is the concern with any aerosolized virus, it's not the act of breathing in and out. 

As for the vaccine, everyone will get that choice.  I'll have a problem if it's mandated however....I will caution because even the "experts" are not sure on the efficacy of a vaccine.  Actually, they say it may make the virus worse: 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/12/fauci-tells-congress-no-guarantee-the-coronavirus-vaccine-will-be-effective.html?fbclid=IwAR0ILT6sUEG9nZYLz3UzcEoK9-S-8TnF9ekg4U7oc6EfPHJUU2trUhu4rOU

Talking releases aerosols and yes so does breathing. While the size of the droplets and distance traveled can vary it doesn't change the fact that any activity involving the expulsion of air from the lungs will create aerosols.

There was a time that quarantines were quite common in this country and the rest of the world. I'm old enough to remember a time before vaccinations and seeing things like measles outbreaks handled by quarantines. I can even recall a childhood friend whose father was arrested for breaking quarantine and showing up at work. The main reason the use of wide spread shutdowns and quarantines are in place is because of the inability to identify those that are infected and the people they have been in contact with. Improving this ability would allow us to do like we have in the past and that is limit the use of quarantine to smaller groups who have contracted the disease or had contact with people who have the disease. We can't hang all of our hopes on an effective vaccine that might not ever arrive or that once a person has had the disease they have long term immunity. in concert with these efforts we  need to expend energy on controlling the spread with as little intrusion into life as possible. This means we have to be able to improve detection of asymptomatic people and have better contact tracing as without that nothing much will change.

I think this dead horse has been beaten enough!

wear a mask or don’t wear a mask. 
who freakin cares!

it’s pretty simple.
If Disney requires you to wear a mask and you don’t want to..don’t go!

And if Disney doesn’t make everyone wear a mask and you think they should than don’t go!

No one on this board is going to change anyone’s mind about this debate.

And I think those of you that want to keep beating this dead horse should take it to the debate thread!

14 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I have read what others have gone through when they have been sick with covid-19 and do not want to find out for myself if they are being truthful or not.

I agree

I have an 84 year old mom and 87 year old dad that I am delivering groceries to.  I don't want to spread anything to them.

60,000+ deaths in 8 weeks time period is a frightening number.

13 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

I agree with what you’re saying. 
but please educate yourself on how to properly wear and handle a mask.  If you handle it incorrectly you will still spread germs. 
 Thank you for this advice that I have already done.

I agree, I have done this as well.

I wear a mask when I go into a store that requires it.   Or a store that is busy.   
I wear a mask when I leave my car.  And I do not go many places anyway.

I am doing this too. And I would add, that I appreciate all those who are wearing masks.

In Oklahoma the guideline is to wear a mask when you can’t stay 6’ away from others. 

it’s not mandatory and I like the fact that it’s not the government telling us what to do.  I agree with Nacole, I’m not mad that a private business tells me to wear a mask. But it bothers me that government does. 

As far as WDW is concerned.   We are not going until everything is back open.  Attractions, resorts, restaurants, bars, etc.   

Not because I’m worried about catching covid19 or giving it to anyone, because if we can’t do the fun things we like to do what’s the point.

And if they open everything back up and we have to wear a mask, ok we will wear one,  if not we won’t.  

I think back to when seat belts for cars first came out.  Our car didn't have them, it was older, so I bought them for the front seat and made my parents wear them.  I was good with  the government telling me to wear one and very happy when they were automatically put in back seats too.  People who ride motorcycles and don't wear helmets , in my opinion, are not making a wise choice.   Btw I am 78 years old.

It took a while to convince me to wear a seat belt. But after seeing the statistics of wearing seat belts, versus not, I always wear it now. 

13 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

9 hours ago, keith_h said:

Paper towels.

I did like this comment from the Disney Parks Blog comments:

"I find it remarkable that the same people that will wear ridiculous ears, hats, costumes, robes etc in the Florida heat are takings issue with wearing a face covering."

The problem with the face covering is it doesn't work well with their Instagram photos.

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro wants Disneyland to open up in his hometown in California.

Navarro spoke on Fox News this week about Disney’s decision to open Shanghai Disneyland earlier this week.

He said, “It crossed me that Disneyland in Shanghai is opening this morning, while my own Disneyland in my own homeland in Orange County, in Anaheim, where Disneyland was born, is still shut because of the Chinese Communist Party. That makes me mad.”

Navarro expressed similar thoughts in an interview with CNBC earlier in the week. He suggested he wasn’t sure why Disneyland opened in China before California. 

Uh, maybe because they were closed first, are smaller so it makes a good test situation, the guests are much more likely to comply with the rules imposed by Disney and Shanghai and their cases have dropped off significantly...

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Uh, maybe because they were closed first, are smaller so it makes a good test situation, the guests are much more likely to comply with the rules imposed by Disney and Shanghai and their cases have dropped off significantly...

thumbs up Travisma

You would think that someone in that type of position would know why Disney went this route, or at least have a staff of minions to tell him before opening his mouth.

That's why people hate politicians.  

99.9% of them are so far away from the average American and have no idea how they live.

They have people to do everything for them, live behind their gilded walls, and have no idea about the real world. 

Remember when George H Bush went to a grocery store and was dumbfounded by a bar code scanner.  Had no idea what it was.

We will be having two rich people running for President that will make decisions on how the average person lives, while catering to the uber rich and furthering their agendas.

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

Not to mention that actual medical experts hired by our own government are advising against the rush to reopen everything. 

It is amazing to me how many fools there are who choose to listen to untrained demagogues over scientists and medical experts.        

TCD

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Not to mention that actual medical experts hired by our own government are advising against the rush to reopen everything. 

It is amazing to me how many fools there are who choose to listen to untrained demagogues over scientists and medical experts.        

TCD

I just had a call yesterday about looking at some sort of camping time share deal (get 3 nights for going) will definitely not buy into it but the free nights were enticing.

Guy was surprised when I didn't want to book the presentation for the 24th of this month!

Last thing I want to do is sit across from someone talking for an hour, mask or no mask...

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

The problem with the face covering is it doesn't work well with their Instagram photos.

No problem!  Disney has already rolled out their supercute line of masks. Let the #DisneyFace hashtags commence...  😎

18 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Last thing I want to do is sit across from someone talking for an hour, mask or no mask...

Especially when they're trying to sell you something.

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Which scientists and medical experts should we listen to???

the ones on CNN, or Fox, or the White House task force, or the W.H.O?

1.  The W.H.O. Says to stay 1 meter, 3 feet away from others.   
but other experts say 2 meters, 6 feet. 

2.  The WHO says masks aren’t necessary.

other experts say to wear them. 

Etc. Etc.  Etc.  

35 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Which scientists and medical experts should we listen to???

the ones on CNN, or Fox, or the White House task force, or the W.H.O?

1.  The W.H.O. Says to stay 1 meter, 3 feet away from others.   
but other experts say 2 meters, 6 feet. 

2.  The WHO says masks aren’t necessary.

other experts say to wear them. 

Etc. Etc.  Etc.  

I rest my case. 

TCD

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

As you may know both Mayors (city and county) Dyer and Demings (whose wife is a Congresswoman) are pushing the governor....Demings is the one who pressed for the Barbers and Salons to open in phase 1.   

The Fiend site isn't bad, but all of the other FB Disney sites are going crazy about reopening dates.

There have been some good flaming wars going on.

Disney is doing a disservice to everyone by not putting out an official statement on re-opening.

Even if it's one that says there is no planned date to reopen at this time, which at this time is the truth.

All of the blogger web sites rile up people with clickbait headings about speculations on opening dates.

I know that Chapek said on that WESH interview that there are no planned dates, but I guess it's too hard for a lot of people that only get their news from FB posts and blogs to read real news articles.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

The Fiend site isn't bad, but all of the other FB Disney sites are going crazy about reopening dates.

There have been some good flaming wars going on.

Disney is doing a disservice to everyone by not putting out an official statement on re-opening.

Even if it's one that says there is no planned date to reopen at this time, which at this time is the truth.

All of the blogger web sites rile up people with clickbait headings about speculations on opening dates.

I know that Chapek said on that WESH interview that there are no planned dates, but I guess it's too hard for a lot of people that only get their news from FB posts and blogs to read real news articles.

All that and a bag of chips.

I've steered clear of other sites and comments on Disney threads on social media.  And I've mostly been ignoring the clickbait. This is a stressful enough time without adding that level of craziness to the mix.

Although I admit that every once in a while someone comes up with something really clever and even though I know it's likely crap, I can't resist finding out how they're backing it up. 😎

Unfortunately even if Disney takes out today's equivalent of the "full page ad" and says in big red letters "WE HAVE NO REOPENING DATE PLANNED AT THIS TIME" that won't stop the nonsense.  The blog sites need to keep their traffic (read: advertising $) up, and with so little REAL Disney news right now, what better way to do it than stir the speculation pot.

And heaven knows there is no shortage of opinions out there, not to mention the trolls that probably have even more time on their hands now to go around poking people with sticks. Then there are the people that think if they "shout" loudly and often enough on social media, they'll force Disney to do something.  Because somehow Disney reads every comment on all the hundreds (thousands?) of blog sites, Facebook and Twitter posts.

Ok I admit, those people make me chuckle.

54 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

And heaven knows there is no shortage of opinions out there, not to mention the trolls that probably have even more time on their hands now to go around poking people with sticks. Then there are the people that think if they "shout" loudly and often enough on social media, they'll force Disney to do something.  Because somehow Disney reads every comment on all the hundreds (thousands?) of blog sites, Facebook and Twitter posts.

WHAT!!! Disney doesn't read my posts/complaints/suggestions and use them to guide their day to day operations? 

I put a lot of time and thought into my enlightening posts!

I'm heartbroken and devastated.

I guess I'll just have to get on the Disney Moms Panel to make myself heard! :grimace:

On 5/12/2020 at 10:56 PM, LONE-STAR said:

In this day and age this should not be an excuse. I'm sure there is an app somewhere out there to print the hidden portions of your face on the mask.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:54 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

No problem!  Disney has already rolled out their supercute line of masks. Let the #DisneyFace hashtags commence...  😎

If it can be monetized you know Disney will find a way to do it.

4 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Seeing reports of cancellations for the first week of June now. Nothing official to travel agents that I have seen yet. But several other agents are seeing emails that clients have forwarded to them. 

I had June 1 reservations that I never intended to use once this CV thing broke out.  I just got confirm of my cancellation.