I have something to add about the strange looking hippie. I know this sounds CRAZY, but when we were at Disney in August, I was walking through the shops on Main Street. I stopped in that "art" type store, on the right if your going to the castle. That man was standing behind the counter with a display of Disney watches. He was wearing a cast member name tag. I could NOT believe that Disney would let an artist in the Magic Kingdom look like that!!!! There were other cast members behind the counter and they were not acting like anything was amiss. He was dressed exactly like the picture that someone earlier posted of him in the Magic Kingdom.

About a half an hour later, I met my boys at the end of Main Street to head out. The first thing they said to me was , "Mom, you should have seen this crazy looking guy with a watch display in ome of the stores!!!"

What the heck? ??? We couldnt figure out, why this man appeared to be selling Disney watches on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom!!

TCD your so good about finding out stuff. Is this guy actually a Disney artist who makes watches? ??? Like I said, very, very strange.

OK, Heidi, that is weird.

Up unitl recently, castmembers could not have beards at all. And, this guy has a heck of a beard. He was wearing a castmember name tag? That's a big WTF? I most definitely will be looking in to this. I have no problem believing this hippie is an artist. I just can't picture the guy as a castmember.

TCD

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

OK, Heidi, that is weird.

Up unitl recently, castmembers could not have beards at all. And, this guy has a heck of a beard. He was wearing a castmember name tag? That's a big WTF? I most definitely will be looking in to this. I have no problem believing this hippie is an artist. I just can't picture the guy as a castmember.

TCD

TCD, I agree, very, very strange!! I couldnt believe it when I was looking at this thread yesterday and saw the picture of the "hippie". I had my youngest son, look at the picture and he said right away, "thats the guy, selling the watches on main Street last summer"

I wonder if Disney has different rules for their "artisans" since they probably are not really cast members.

I know a couple of years ago we were at the art store at the Marketplace/Downtown Disney and Larry Dotson, who does drawings for Disney was there, signing his pictures. I bought two, one of Everest and one of Spaceship Earth. Both the artist (Larry Dotson) and his wife were sitting at the table. They were not dressed as CM's at all, but were in there regular clothes. I don't remember if they had a name tag on or not. Course those two, fit in well, because they were not dressed in an outlandish way, like the hippie in the Magic Kingdom.

I'll be interested in what you find out! At any rate, it gave us a good chuckle, when we saw your pictures yesterday!

Heidi

TCD, I agree, very, very strange!! I couldnt believe it when I was looking at this thread yesterday and saw the picture of the "hippie". I had my youngest son, look at the picture and he said right away, "thats the guy, selling the watches on main Street last summer"

I wonder if Disney has different rules for their "artisans" since they probably are not really cast members.

I know a couple of years ago we were at the art store at the Marketplace/Downtown Disney and Larry Dotson, who does drawings for Disney was there, signing his pictures. I bought two, one of Everest and one of Spaceship Earth. Both the artist (Larry Dotson) and his wife were sitting at the table. They were not dressed as CM's at all, but were in there regular clothes. I don't remember if they had a name tag on or not. Course those two, fit in well, because they were not dressed in an outlandish way, like the hippie in the Magic Kingdom.

I'll be interested in what you find out! At any rate, it gave us a good chuckle, when we saw your pictures yesterday!

Heidi

OK- here's my theory . . .

The hippie was trying to scam people by pretending to be a castmember and selling watches. He probably bought the name tag off of ebay and then just stood there at the shop trying to get people to pay him cash or maybe he would try to steal their KTTW cards.

Them hippies are sneaky!

TCD

OK- here's my theory . . .

The hippie was trying to scam people by pretending to be a castmember and selling watches. He probably bought the name tag off of ebay and then just stood there at the shop trying to get people to pay him cash or maybe he would try to steal their KTTW cards.

Them hippies are sneaky!

TCD

TCD,

Good theory........and your probably right!!!

I know what we saw though!

Next time, I am in the Magic Kingdom, I'll ask the CM's about the "artisan watch artists" and then ask if they have an artist that appears to be a hippie!!!

Heidi

• 1 month later...

Just caught up on this thread...I cracked up laughing several times..,especially the eeyore pic. I appreciate the way some of these photos get taken.....like the PP pic. The dolls are creapy as all get out. I would have walked away from those people in a hurry. Booby Doo? Oops, I just threw up in my mouth a little...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It would have been even better if Nate's Chevy was pulling a broken down Toyota truck.

Like you would ever see that...lol. The best is I usually see a Tacoma pulling a full size Chevy.

• 1 year later...