• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

I had to dig for this thread, but I saw a big WTF at the MK last weekend that I need to share.

We had some time to kill before a Space Mountain FP+, so we rode the venerable Carousel of Progress.

I've lost count of how many times I've ridden it over the years.  Let's just say it's a lot.

So we get to the room where everything is decorated for fall.  I look at the dad sitting there at the table, and notice right away that something is not right.  He has a glass of orange juice, and the ceramic pumpkin that is always on that table was missing.  I steadied myself the best I could and snapped this photo:

6%2020%2015%20087_zpsr19dmvzk.jpg

A quick Google Image search confirmed what it's supposed to look like.  Here's one example:

cop%20halloween_zpscvj1v5wz.jpg

Photo credit: http://www.wdwlive.com/picture/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland/walt-disneys-carousel-of-progress-1677-9.html

So WTF?

Where's the pumpkin?

TCD

What The Fort indeed!  How will we know that scene is supposed to take place in the fall without the pumpkin??  8)

Orange juice?!  Are we bringing back corporate sponsorship? 

"This attraction in desperate need of update brought to you by Minute Maid"

My guess is that someone was dusting the joint and accidentally knocked the pumpkin off the table and broke it.

(and good job digging up this thread!)

What The Fort indeed!  How will we know that scene is supposed to take place in the fall without the pumpkin??  8)

Orange juice?!  Are we bringing back corporate sponsorship? 

"This attraction in desperate need of update brought to you by Minute Maid"

My guess is that someone was dusting the joint and accidentally knocked the pumpkin off the table and broke it.

(and good job digging up this thread!)

PETV (people for the ethical treatment of vegetables) complained and had it removed. Being mean to vegetables is despicable!

BTW, the story behind the "tent move" was pretty disturbing. Turns out there was a mom and her daughters camping in another loop and a man followed them into the comfort station. She confronted him and he flipped. The family ended up hiding in a stall and the guy barricaded them in with a trash can. Of course, she reported the incident to management and they DID NOT eject the guy!!! WTF!!! But they offered to move her to another campsite. WTF! So they decided it would be easier to move the already-erected tents erect! WTF? They were able to do it in a mere 4 trips, driving at 2mph with a helper walking alongside holding the tents on! Of course, they could have done it in one trip at full speed if they took down the tents, but that's the Fort for ya! I guess these guys were glad to put down the pots of brown paint for a few hours!

Wait, the guy that followed them into the bathroom wasn't ejected?  That's wrong and very disturbing! I think if that happened to me I would have called the police and filed a report at the very least.

I agree, and the mom was really shaken up by it, too. Now, of course, I only heard one side of that story, but she was pretty convincing to me. WTF?

Now, here's a guy who probably DID get ejected. This is not quite the Fort, but pretty close. This was at Shades of Green. The staff acted like this was an everyday occurrence and I think they said a groundskeeper (!) would be along soon to relocate him. Not because he was a threat, he just wants to sunbathe, but because stupid non-Floridians were apt to overstep a line and make it into an unsafe situation. To which I say "What the Fort?"

20141107_120337%20-%200984_zps52jmbeum.j

Now, here's a guy who probably DID get ejected. This is not quite the Fort, but pretty close. This was at Shades of Green. The staff acted like this was an everyday occurrence and I think they said a groundskeeper (!) would be along soon to relocate him. Not because he was a threat, he just wants to sunbathe, but because stupid non-Floridians were apt to overstep a line and make it into an unsafe situation. To which I say "What the Fort?"

20141107_120337%20-%200984_zps52jmbeum.j

Reminds me of a recent incident my SIL had.  They live out in the country and recently had a bear come through their yard (not unusual).  They called to let the appropriate folks with the town know, as they usually keep track of such things, and were told, "Leave him alone and whatever you do, don't try and take a selfie with him!"

You just know they said that because some knucklehead actually tried it...

Not that WTF? as it is pretty common; but here's an underage driver.

cd82e8e08c64353d78c509767d3d9663.jpg

All told, I will say that a vast majority of golf cart interactions we have had have been respectful and positive. At least 3 have pulled over for us to pass and I haven't seen anyone going the wrong way on a loop.

That said, we have counted between 8 and 9 bodies on a 4-person golf cart twice now.

And, for a kudos to the fort- my wife saw one get pulled over for a kid standing on the back and an underage driver. They made the kid sit and mother drive (though, that then left a kid to hold the baby).

And, for a kudos to the fort- my wife saw one get pulled over for a kid standing on the back and an underage driver. They made the kid sit and mother drive (though, that then left a kid to hold the baby).

We saw that happen once back in November.

But geez... a kid driving a cart full of kids...  :holysheep:

Oh and to add to my completely unscientific survey of such things... this is once again a Disney rental cart, which has been the case with nearly all the instances I've seen of kids driving.