From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

Alright Dave, your last post said it was done 6 minutes ago, and by my trusty clock below its 8:37 PM EST. You had better be git'n up and working on that next installment, or there are gonna be a lot of "P O'd" women on your case.... Work has been over for a while now....

Just sayin'

Duane

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

Slacker??? I posted an update this afternoon on pirated wifi just to satisfy my fellow Fiends.

Slacker?? I think not!

I think not! Therefore I ain't! On with the TR Sir Dave of Tennessee. :)

Hacking in to the neighbor's wifi?

Way to go, Dave!

I love the updates.

I am so glad that your family got to go in to the MK, and that it was a beautiful day for you.

Magical!

TCD

I do what I can to make my Fiends happy. Besides, the place should come up with a better password to protect their wifi signal. "hotspot" isn't a very ingenious password. :rofl2:

Awww... you are the sweetest, I have had a HORRIBLE day at work, thus the reason for hounding the fiends for a distraction and sure enough, you delivered and not only did you deliver, you totally turned my mood around. Your girls were obviously THRILLED to spend the day at MK. The look on those little faces are just precious. I'm going to go home and hug my little house critters!! Isn't the affect that Disney has on them amazing?

Glad I could bring a smile to your day!

Yeah, Aunt Pollys!! You can still see the little window in front. Don't feel bad, I never even realized they were two different buildings. ::)

Aunt Polly's is yet another sad relic of yesteryear. At one time they served full lunches. Then they reduced the menu to just ice cream, but it was still a nice quiet place to sit while the rest of the park was a crazy zoo. And you could get a hot fudge sundae or a cone and relax. And now? They have a Coke machine and a Dasani machine. :-\

Keel boats

mikefink.jpg

Those look cool. I don't remember them from when I was a kid, and Christy and I didn't start coming to WDW with the kids until 2001. So we missed them.

Oh no, I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all week!

P1020570.JPG

Sorry. couldn't help myself.

After seeing these pics, I'm sure that the family member CM is smiling and feeling good.

Yeah, I hope so.

Don't stop now Dave.... waiting very patiently.....

Ok, ok, I'll try!

Alright Dave, your last post said it was done 6 minutes ago, and by my trusty clock below its 8:37 PM EST. You had better be git'n up and working on that next installment, or there are gonna be a lot of "P O'd" women on your case.... Work has been over for a while now....

Just sayin'

Duane

Hey! What would have been my evening post was posted this afternoon, just to quiet Judy down. And you guys want another tonight??

What Duane said.

TCD would have had three installments by now.

Have you been hanging out with Lisa, Olivia, or Monique?

That's low.

I think not! Therefore I ain't! On with the TR Sir Dave of Tennessee. :)

Ok, H. For you, I'll try to get another posted.

After the carousel, I headed over to the Plaza to check in for lunch while INC stayed back with whoever wanted to ride the teacups. I am always willing to forego the teacups, especially right before lunch. :barf:

While waiting for our table, Anna enjoyed hanging out on my head.

P1020574.JPG

P1020575.JPG

I think she's giving me a facelift here.

P1020576.JPG

We were seated on time, and got a nice table right by the windows looking out at the castle.

Our waitress was nice, but a bit of a ding dong. She messed up Emma's order twice, and forgot other things as well. But when you are a party of 6 or more, it doesn't matter how the service is; you pay 18% gratuity automatically. Oh well, she was friendly enough we would have tipped well anyway. But sometimes it burns your britches to pay 18% without a say...especially for a buffet when all they do is bring you one diet coke! :argh:

Anyways, we ordered and our food didn't take too long. INC got the chicken strawberry salad, with field greens, grilled chicken, strawberries, gorgonzola cheese, and a white zinfandel vinaigrette dressing. She like it.

P1020577.JPG

Anna had the kids grilled cheese. It was good...I tried a bite!

P1020578.JPG

One of the kids had the grilled chicken sandwich. It had ham and cheese on it.

P1020580.JPG

I had the tuna salad sandwich on croissant. Look at those awesome fries!!!!

P1020581.JPG

Gwen had the club sandwich.

P1020582.JPG

Lunch was quite good. We always enjoy eating at the Plaza. And if they ever get rid of those fries and go to the standard Disney limp fries, I will probably stop going and just stick to CHH.

After lunch, there was a show starting up in front of the castle, so back up on top of Daddy went Anna.

P1020587.JPG

Somebody is getting sleepy.

P1020588.JPG

This is a good show.

P1020589.JPG

Looks like the Ho crashed Cindy's party.

P1020590.JPG

P1020591.JPG

P1020592.JPG

I actually feel sorry for this clown. He's dancing with a Ho, and his hair looks plastic.

P1020593.JPG

I bet he doesn't know she lives with 7 men.

The true stars of the show.

P1020596.JPG

P1020597.JPG

And that's that.

At this point, we went back to Space Mtn to check out the situation. It had reopened finally, so we grabbed FPs for that afternoon. The girls went off to ride the Peoplemover while INC and I sat with Anna, who had fallen asleep in her stroller.

P1020600.JPG

Then we switched places, and Emma and Gwen sat with Anna while we rode.

P1020601.JPG

P1020604.JPG

P1020608.JPG

Why is this so funny?

P1020609.JPG

When we were finished on the PM, it was time for our Space Mountain FPs!

We are big fans of SM. And this was to be Stella's first ever ride!!

That's a big deal. And she was excited. And nervous. But Stella is a coaster fan, especially for a 5 year old. Her favorite ride is BTMRR. From the time she was 3.

So off we went to SM!

P1020611.JPG

I don't know who was more nervous.

P1020612.JPG

P1020614.JPG

Getting closer now!

P1020615.JPG

Before long, we were loaded up and off we went! I sat behind Stella and kept my hands on her shoulders. Mostly to give her comfort, but also to ensure me she wasn't falling out. :rofl3: But not to worry, they haven't lost a kid on Space Mountain in at least a few months.

I was proud of my girl!!

SM2.jpg

We all had a good ride. And again...if you're gonna make that face, I'm gonna post it.

SM1.jpg

So that was that. And we still have MORE Magic Kingdom coming up, plus a bonus evening at Epcot!!! Can you believe how much we are accomplishing in one day???

Oh, and stay tuned....because Now I Have TWO Princesses To Mock!

Hi Dave!!!

I actually had about 30 minutes to sign on tonight - for the first time in at least a month - and I had to choose what to read... I chose SO wisely!!! What a great TR!!! I'm sorry about the soggy fries - I know how food problems can be frustrating. All your girls look like they are having a BALL! And what a wonderful bit of pixie dust!!!

I hope I get to come back real soon and finish your TR!!!

Such sweet pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Another great update, Dave! You are such a proud papa! I can tell how much joy it gives you to do this for your family. Keep it coming, but don't feel like you have to rush. Some of us understand that you have a job and a family. It is more than worth the wait.

Hi Dave!!!

I actually had about 30 minutes to sign on tonight - for the first time in at least a month - and I had to choose what to read... I chose SO wisely!!! What a great TR!!! I'm sorry about the soggy fries - I know how food problems can be frustrating. All your girls look like they are having a BALL! And what a wonderful bit of pixie dust!!!

I hope I get to come back real soon and finish your TR!!!

Such sweet pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for reading!! Try to come back real soon.

Your a funny dude. I had not seen that pic of Emma and Isabel. Isabel looks creepy.

Ha! Where do you think she gets her creepiness from? :rofl2:

Another great update, Dave! You are such a proud papa! I can tell how much joy it gives you to do this for your family. Keep it coming, but don't feel like you have to rush. Some of us understand that you have a job and a family. It is more than worth the wait.

Aww, thanks Lisa. I do love doing these trips.

And I won't rush. Lord know you aren't. :raspberry:

Aww, thanks Lisa. I do love doing these trips.

And I won't rush. Lord know you aren't. :raspberry:

Unfortunately I think that the time for my report has pretty much passed. Besides, when all you get in response are hijacks and grief about not posting quickly enough it kind of takes the fun out of it. ;)

Unfortunately I think that the time for my report has pretty much passed. Besides, when all you get in response are hijacks and grief about not posting quickly enough it kind of takes the fun out of it. ;)

Well I enjoyed what you did post. And if you just want to post a whole bunch of pics, that would be cool too! But I know you've been really busy getting the iphone app out. And that's more important!

Well I enjoyed what you did post. And if you just want to post a whole bunch of pics, that would be cool too! But I know you've been really busy getting the iphone app out. And that's more important!

Thanks, Dave! It's nice to be appreciated. I do have to ask though... Do you really care, or are you just kissing up so I bring you more steak chips next year? :rofl2:

Cool update!

Did you notice that the ferris wheel is moving again on the model city? It was DOA last time that we rode the peoplemover.

I did not notice! I was too busy trying to get a picture in the low light.

Thanks, Dave! It's nice to be appreciated. I do have to ask though... Do you really care, or are you just kissing up so I bring you more steak chips next year? :rofl2:

Oh, I care. I care about steak chips!

But I'm glad to see our snarky Lil Lisa back! :rofl3:

How many times can you use the word beautiful in a TR, without it being redundant?

Ahh, who cares! You have a beautiful family Dave. The girls look like they had a blast at MK. Your "relative" should be proud that he was able to do that for you guys. He must be one heck of a good guy. :heart:

You should really be thanking Anna, your face looks great, and real plastic surgery is very expensive! :))

How many times can you use the word beautiful in a TR, without it being redundant?

Ahh, who cares! You have a beautiful family Dave. The girls look like they had a blast at MK. Your "relative" should be proud that he was able to do that for you guys. He must be one heck of a good guy. :heart:

You should really be thanking Anna, your face looks great, and real plastic surgery is very expensive! :))

Ditto! I love Isabel's faces!

Anna certainly does steal the show....

However all 6 of the Statz gals are showstoppers in their own right. What a BEAUTIFUL family.

and this TR has a shout out to the Mike Fink Keelboats as well. I miss those. :(

Sounds like the beginnings of one heck of a potluck!!

But I can't wait till SM to try those glory rolls. Recipe please??? Would be great on Christmas morning.

Ok, since both of you asked nicely, I'll look for the recipe asap. You're right.. they are great on Christmas morning. We do that IF there are any left over from grandma's Christmas Eve gathering of KFR (relatives).

Magicbus Cookie Bars, oh wait, I read that wrong, never mind.

:rofl2:

Are you offering to bring Magicbus Cookie Bars to SMGG12? Or am I reading that wrong? :rofl2:

Ohhh I hope you're reading that right. It would save KFM me a lot of work. ;D

Dave,

Looks like a great Magic Kingdom day!! We have also been to the MK on the Friday before Thanksgiving and the place was dead the whole day. Actually we have had great luck in all the parks the week before Thanksgiving......very, very quiet. Glad you got to go on such a great day.

Also have to mention that we always do rope drop and Space Mountain is always our first destination. More often than not, it is closed............whats up with that???? However, the FP machine have always been open and we can at least grab FP's.

Looks like Anna, was enjoying her very first Disney park. I also thought she was quite brave to go on Haunted Mansion and not be scared. When my boys were that age, they were scared of the haunted mansion.

Cant wait to read more!!!!!

Heidi

Dave-

Great job on your update. Of course I have comments:

1. I did not know there were steak fries in the Plaza Restaurant. Honestly, I don't think we have ever eaten there. Just based on your photos alone, that oversight will soon be remedied!

2. I LOL'd at the commentary on the "Ho." Dude, you can sure hold a grudge. Remind me not to get on your bad side.

3. Congratulations to Stella on her first SM ride. And, great jobs on the photos. If I didn't know any better, I would think you were posing for those photos, but I am sure that they are just candid shots.

4. I have no idea who your relative is that is a castmember, but I'm really glad that he/she was willing to take the time to get your family in to the MK- like Lou said, I'm sure that CM is smiling, but you have also made all the folks who have viewed your photos smile too!

Keep up the good work on your report.

As predicted, this one is already epic, and is climbing quite high in the viewership ranks.

TCD