YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

Finally settled in on site 2023, it is one we sent in on our site request :) We were verry delayed getting to the Fort due to almost constant rain and traffic like I had never seen before. It was packed and everyone would speed up to 60mph and then come to a complete stop. The van is at its limits and it doesn't do very good from a stand still. It was like this from Lake City to Ocala. The toll both was really backed up but moved really well.

When we got back from getting supplies at Walmart, we cooked a pizza and as my DSs were sitting down to eat, my younger one dropped his pizza and bumped the table so hard it knocked over the propane latern, shattering the hot glob which flew on my oldest son's arm. He now has some pretty yucky burns on his forearm. It has been one tiring night. I have pictures to upload in the morning, but the trauma of the burns have tuckered me out. I am going to bed. Tomorrow is Epcot for my DW who loves the Flowers!

I hope to get to meet some Fiends tomorrow.

YC

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

Sorry to hear about your son. Yes, that traffic was unreal. My DW was driving down 75 from ATL to TPA. Took her 9.5 hours when normally would be 6.45.

Well your there now and probably just woke up. Fill up that cup of coffee (in a new mug?) and take a deep breath. Enjoy!

Thanks to all for the well wishes at Epcot and it is gorgeous! DS arm is not hurting and he slept great. Is it against the law to have given him a pint before bed? Just kidding that was me.

Hope to drive by some sites and say hey when we leave thw park today. I will post the pixs tonight.

YC

Let's get back on track with our morning mugs of coffee, Saturday morning we were in the Country Inn and Suites in Cordele, GA. We used the house cups and while I meant to take a shot of the cup, I just didn't before they were thrown away. This morning was a little hectic as we slept in and had to rush to EPCOT. So I used old trusty. There is a hidden Mickey or two on there I am sure of it.

PICT7706.jpg

We slept in late to give DS1 time to sleep off his traumatic injury from last night. The kid never complained today and didn't need the $25 bucks in burn cream I got him at Walmart last night. Solarcaine and others are loving my donation right now.

DSCN0545.jpg

This next picture give you an idea of what we drove through to get to the Fort on Saturday.

DSCN0488.jpg

We finally got set up on the site and then headed to Walmart for groceries.

DSCN0521.jpg

We got back, cooked a pizza, burned my kids arm, went back to Walmart for burn cream and a water hose. Came home typed a little report and went to bed.

Epcot was a lot of fun today. It wasn't terribly crowded. We have tons fo flower festival pictures but AuburnJen's post really did a great job so I won't repeat here.

Saw Snow White just for DaveInTN.

DSCN0563.jpg

Had dinner at Biergarten in Germany, it was great and a lot of fun. Here is a shot of the polka-ish band. You can see the great themeing if you look carefully.

DSCN0573.jpg

We left in time to ride test track and took on last obligatory shot of SE.

DSCN0579.jpg

And lastly I decided to use this picture for profile. I am a beast who married a princess.

DSCN0558.jpg

Good night, tune in for tomorrow's cuppa!

YC

I love the live report. It means at some point this morning I will say to myself "Just think, YENSIDCAMPER is at HS right now and I am stuck here at work." Oh well, it's nice to know a fiend is there enjoying the magic!

Wow, Carol you are up early and on the boards quick. I posted that only 4.5 hours ago. Not much sleep on my part. I feel a nap by the pool is in my future. Thanks for following and have a great day!

Actually, that was last night (or this morning, BEFORE I went to bed) I usually doze on the couch for awhile, then check the puter for a few minutes then off to bed.

Hey YC- I usually avoid pre-trip reports.

I don't really care about anyone's plans.

I want to hear how much fun they had at the Fort.

So now this pre-trip report has turned into a trip report.

Great stuff!

Congrats on your campsite.

I like that little corner of the 2000 loop.

Your camper looks great- what do you use to clean the outside? I wash mine with a carwash product every now and then, but it doesn't look anywhere near as clean as yours.

It looks like you are in for some great weather this week.

Enjoy!

TCD

Enjoying your TR have a great day

Thanks Lornaduck, Got to meet two Fiends today and enjoy the pool and movie tonight. Not to mention the Rock n Roller Coaster!!!

Never mind, I should read posts in order.

Lou, it was great to meet you today. My son hasn't stopped talking about Robotics. It is so fun to get to know more about people when you get to meet them. Visitng with you was a highlight for sure!

I love the live report. It means at some point this morning I will say to myself "Just think, YENSIDCAMPER is at HS right now and I am stuck here at work." Oh well, it's nice to know a fiend is there enjoying the magic!

I know about the being stuck at work thing. I didn't think last week was ever going to pass! Dreaming by reading this board is what gets me through sometimes.

YC is a funny guy!! :))

Enjoying the report.

Glad that you're having a good time.

Hey some guy PM'd me, to ask what I was doing up at his wife's crack. I assume she was named Dawn! I explained I was a little discombobulated due to lack of sleep. OOPS...

Actually, that was last night (or this morning, BEFORE I went to bed) I usually doze on the couch for awhile, then check the puter for a few minutes then off to bed.

Well if you get up and read this tonight, I appreciate your responses and I hope to not disappoint.

Loving the live report!

Thanks DisneyZombie, I am trying to keep up but it is really hard. Tomorrow morning it is MK at rope drop 7AM! The alarm is set for 5:30 is this really a vacation?

Hey YC- I usually avoid pre-trip reports.

I don't really care about anyone's plans.

I want to hear how much fun they had at the Fort.

So now this pre-trip report has turned into a trip report.

Great stuff!

Congrats on your campsite.

I like that little corner of the 2000 loop.

Your camper looks great- what do you use to clean the outside? I wash mine with a carwash product every now and then, but it doesn't look anywhere near as clean as yours.

It looks like you are in for some great weather this week.

Enjoy!

TCD

Thanks TCD, we are having a blast. My wife has been reading your TR's on my phone while we wait in lines and running my battery down. I hope mine provide some interest to others.

We love this corner of 2000, I am glad our request was heard. It is very quiet and somewhat private. We may try 1500 in June but we love the shade back here.

I just use a car wash soap I think by armor all. Last season we used Magic Eraser on the sides and it did a number on it that is lasting so far. We wash the outside at the beginning of every camping season.

The weather was great today can't wait to hit Blizzard Beach on Wednesday.

Getting up again this morning was tough tried to make rope drop at 7am at HS but didn't get there til 7:45. Here is one of the morning street plays.

DSCN0597.jpg

We stayed in the park until about 2:30 and then came back to the Fort where I got the treat of talking with Lou for almost an hour! What a great guy.

We all went to the pool next and I shot this video for all to experience the fun of going down the water slide. It was my first trip down actually. (Link to video not working the way I would like, I will get it figured out soon it is a good video)

After that my wife and i took bike ride and went by Kimski and Billski sites but they weren't home, and then to GADawgFan, but they weren't home either. We left a YC in pinecones next to your Fiend sign incase you were wondering. We went by Itch's sight but they too were gone, and finally made it to Partially confused Marilyn's site.

Let me tell those are two nice people! They gave my wife and I some Rattle and Hum concoction that was out of this world good. I didn't think my wife was going to be able to pedal home. We had a great time getting to talk and know about them. The Fiends are made up of some wonderful people.

We went back to the camper and ate dinner with the boys and then finished the night watching Bolt. It was a great day!

Trying to catch up on all that I missed while we were on our cruise last week. We were in that traffic heading north on 75. At first we thought it was bad on our side of the interstate, but the further north we got we saw how much worse it was for all those traveling south.

Enjoying your report and loving all your mugs.

Have a great day! Wish I were off to MK today.

CCIntrigue, wish you had been here too! However the place was as full as I can ever remember and we always travel at peak times. Touring Plans had it at a 9.8 out of 10. We still had a good time but came back to the fort around 5:30.

I took this photo for all the Fiends who aren't here now!

Wishing more of you were here now! (Please disregard the romantic overtones of the picture) It is the other thought that counts!

DSCN0613-1.jpg