BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

The only thing is, long rigs have a tough time making the right turn into the FW entrance from that direction..

Last I heard, shouldn't you be able to make right and left hand turns.

We got cut off too many times so it's only the back way for us

It's not that bad, go for it.

we are 35+ feet long. I've seen 45 ft ones make it. Just take it slow.

35 feet, piece of cake from any direction.

For the first time in my life, I can say I am happy not to be at Disney, I would not want to be in that throng of people. Those crowds and people yelling Fuego remind me of July and the Brazilian Tour Groups! Were they all wearing the same shirts? :rofl3:

Ok, I will not be showing your photos of MK or Epcot to my husband while asking him if we could spend Christmas/New Years at Disney.

I can just imagine his reply it would go something like this: :soapbox: (umm we need some more swearing smilies :rofl2: )

Now a few pictures of fiends gathered together tasting beer, relaxing at their sites. That might work.

Allow me to threadjack and say I am TOTALLY anti- using an ipad to take photos/video/what have you. It's distracting, rude, and blocks the view of whoever is behind you. I had to deal with several of those schmucks at my kids' winter concerts this year and I can tell you they pissed off pretty much everyone behind them.

Amen! Someone was doing that at my son's winter program. Had the blocked my view I would have said something. You look like a tool and the video sucks.

Hey TCD! It has taken me a long time, but I just got caught up. I am so thrilled that you think of me when you see rhinos! :rofl3:

I've been away from FF too much this fall and winter. Life got stressful, then complicated, but now it seems to be getting back to a more normal state. So, if y'all will have me, I'm hoping to reacquaint myself with my FF friends fiends again. :heartsmiley:

Loving the report, by the way!

Leslie

Didn't you just love having the Osborne lights so empty? I remember when it was down the old row of houses where the Stunt Car show is now, not nearly as impressive as now. The CM told me they just cut down the lights and throw them away. I am not sure if I believe him or not. Thanks for sharing your shots of NYE, I always wondered just how bad it could be.

Caught up. Sorry I missed you and Lou but I did get my spike. Thank you very much. I was sure you and Lou were mythical characters and I'm still not sure about you because the card was signed by Lou and some guy named Andrew. Carol told me the great TCD's real name is Andrew. But since only the infamous Lou came back a few days later I know he's real but I'm still not convinced that you are a real person. LOL!

But all joking aside. Thanks for the spike and hopefully next time ill have the pleasure of making your acquaintance.

I think I would have rather watched from the beach but seeing DHS that late would have been cool

You are right on both counts.

With shorter EMH's in 2013, being in DHS past 2 am is not going to be something that can be done very often.

FUEGO!

Enough of that already!

I think I was very, very happy at home asleep in my bed when it became 2013 on the east coast. If I had been at WDW, I think I would have been at a campsite chatting with fiends.

BUT, thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

You are right.

And, before this one, we had been at the Fort at midnight on NYE for the previous four years. I'm not sure what we will be doing next year. We may go back to Epcot and do it differently.

Her feet kind of remind me of E.T. We could have documentation of a real alien. If not I'm going with the albino monk with a ponytail.

I didn't notice the feet. Very strange. But, I think some monks wear sandles like that, so I am leaning toward albino monk too.

Holy macaroni and cheese! Those crowds are ri-damn-diculous!

As much as I'd love to see the NYE fireworks at Epcot, I'm not sure I'd have been a happy camper with people squishing in on me and shouting FUEGO! in my ear.

Looks like the trip to HS was worth it though! Now THAT is the way to see Osborne lights. :)

I wasn't sure that the photos conveyed how packed Epcot was. I still can't bel13ve how busy it was. Florida residents with seasonal passes were blacked out, so these were more likely non-locals who crammed in here. I expected busy, but not crazy. That was crazy.

And, you're right about the Osborne lights. We have been able to enjoy them like that in the past, but this year, that was the first time we were there without crowds.

Would have been cool to ride TOT at midnight

Yes, that would have been cool.

Hollywood Studios puts on a pretty good fireworks show too.

We may give it a try next year.

The biggest thing that kept us away this year was that Mulch, Sweat and Shears was playing on the big stage all night. We are not fans.

Don't think I will be putting NYE at Epcot on my bucket list. Way too many people for me.

If you hate people, then stay away.

While you were doing all that nonsense, MD and FoB enjoyed a nice relaxing fire/beer tasting. Next year, that's what we should all do. It was relaxing, peaceful, and we all got to bond quite a bit. Bella said a few times "This is the BEST night of my life!!!" And no, she did not get any beer. I can see where that could be confusing. BTW, where is MD? I think he has a TR to begin. I know he's got great pics.

That does sound like a lot more fun than our experience!

MD practically lives across the street from me. If he doesn't start his TR soon, I'll go over there and bug him.

That's the only way we come in. Going through the toll booths suck. We got cut off too many times so it's only the back way for us and we are 35+ feet long. I've seen 45 ft ones make it. Just take it slow.

If traffic is coming out that way, I think you would have a really tough time turning in.

I don't know why, but I like going through the MK entrance. It makes me feel like we've arrived.

Great TR, finally got caught up.

In that kind of crowd, I think it would be wise to plan ahead and consume copious amounts of chili. I would have nobody within 25 feet and the term Fuego would have a whole new meaning!

Not a bad plan.

But that fireball is pretty big.

I would be worried about the chili gas cloud.

TCD

You are right on both counts.

With shorter EMH's in 2013, being in DHS past 2 am is not going to be something that can be done very often.

Enough of that already!

You are right.

And, before this one, we had been at the Fort at midnight on NYE for the previous four years. I'm not sure what we will be doing next year. We may go back to Epcot and do it differently.

I didn't notice the feet. Very strange. But, I think some monks wear sandles like that, so I am leaning toward albino monk too.

I wasn't sure that the photos conveyed how packed Epcot was. I still can't bel13ve how busy it was. Florida residents with seasonal passes were blacked out, so these were more likely non-locals who crammed in here. I expected busy, but not crazy. That was crazy.

And, you're right about the Osborne lights. We have been able to enjoy them like that in the past, but this year, that was the first time we were there without crowds.

Yes, that would have been cool.

Hollywood Studios puts on a pretty good fireworks show too.

We may give it a try next year.

The biggest thing that kept us away this year was that Mulch, Sweat and Shears was playing on the big stage all night. We are not fans.

If you hate people, then stay away.

That does sound like a lot more fun than our experience!

MD practically lives across the street from me. If he doesn't start his TR soon, I'll go over there and bug him.

If traffic is coming out that way, I think you would have a really tough time turning in.

I don't know why, but I like going through the MK entrance. It makes me feel like we've arrived.

Not a bad plan.

But that fireball is pretty big.

I would be worried about the chili gas cloud.

TCD

While you're at it, ask MD to finish his Ft. Desoto TR!!!

Not that I am one to talk. I've been to the Fort 3x since my last TR, and promised another mom on here I would at least post photos of our Legoland trip and haven't done any of it! And probably won't. I just don't have time. But I am enjoying everyone else's, slowly but surely getting caught up!

Thanks for taking one for the team on NYE. I would NEVER go into the parks on that night. I'm with Dave. I hate people especially if their trying to breathe my oxygen within my bubble!

You are not missing anything by staying out of the parks.

There is no such thing as having your own bubble on a night like that. People cram in to every little bit of space.

Woo hoo

Hey, where the heck have you been?

Glad to see you back posting!

I forgot about that car. It was really cool and ahead of a lot cars for the time, kinda like the Amc pacer

Wow!

It's S71!

I"m glad to see a post from you, too Dave.

AMC Pacer and cool.

Those are two words that you don't see in the same sentence very much.

Okie Dokie. I always thought I'd like to spend NYE at WDW. Nevermind. Woman's perrogative has been invoked.

Fuego! Such a wonderful phrase! I am sure I would have yelled it right along with the people not from this land. Joining them would have kept me from blowing a gasket at least. :))

You're right.

I should have just joined in the Fuego yelling. Those people not from this land were having a blast.

For the first time in my life, I can say I am happy not to be at Disney, I would not want to be in that throng of people. Those crowds and people yelling Fuego remind me of July and the Brazilian Tour Groups! Were they all wearing the same shirts? :rofl3:

No, we didn't see tour groups. But there's no doubt that a lot of the people not from this land were from Brazil or one of its neighbors. They are a loud bunch of folks.

Ok, I will not be showing your photos of MK or Epcot to my husband while asking him if we could spend Christmas/New Years at Disney.

I can just imagine his reply it would go something like this: :soapbox: (umm we need some more swearing smilies :rofl2: )

Now a few pictures of fiends gathered together tasting beer, relaxing at their sites. That might work.

We have now been at the Fort for five NYE's in a row.

I didn't care for the crowds in the parks, but that isn't going to keep me from trying for #6 next year.

393FC08C-4DC5-4DE7-850A-2B0D6781456A-17394-00000FBED1CF4801.jpg

That is one butt ugly dog.

Okapis are dogs?

Why didn't that CM tell me that?

I'm going to have to go back there and let her know.

Yay! Page 1 of the TR. But what's that 3 next to the 1???

haha

Lovin' your report, as always. Love how you tell a story, I read it more like a conversation.

Keep it coming!

Page 13 bragging rights!

Thanks for posting!

Amen! Someone was doing that at my son's winter program. Had the blocked my view I would have said something. You look like a tool and the video sucks.

You are right. But, I see it more and more every trip. And Disney encourages it by having free wifi in the parks. I only see it getting worse.

I think I am having a panic attack just from looking at the pictures. I am way claustrophobic and there is no way I could survive that.

HS looked awesome however! I would love to be able to view the lights when its empty!

With good planning, you could avoid a lot of the crazy crowds this time of year.

It was awesome to be able to finish out our evening with and almost empty Hollywood Studios. If Toy Story hadn't been closed down, it would have been even more fun.

TCD

Hey TCD! It has taken me a long time, but I just got caught up. I am so thrilled that you think of me when you see rhinos! :rofl3:

I've been away from FF too much this fall and winter. Life got stressful, then complicated, but now it seems to be getting back to a more normal state. So, if y'all will have me, I'm hoping to reacquaint myself with my FF friends fiends again. :heartsmiley:

Loving the report, by the way!

Leslie

Leslie!

I am so glad that you posted!

It's great to hear from you again.

I hope that you do get active on the board again.

Didn't you just love having the Osborne lights so empty? I remember when it was down the old row of houses where the Stunt Car show is now, not nearly as impressive as now. The CM told me they just cut down the lights and throw them away. I am not sure if I believe him or not. Thanks for sharing your shots of NYE, I always wondered just how bad it could be.

I remember back when the lights were on the old prop houses too. It is so much bigger and better now!

I doubt that they cut down the lights and throw them away. If you ever take a close look at all the wiring, you will see how much works goes into setting these up. I'm sure they have a very precise plan to set them up and take them down.

And despite the crowds, we still had fun on NYE. It wasn't so bad that we wouldn't try it again.

Caught up. Sorry I missed you and Lou but I did get my spike. Thank you very much. I was sure you and Lou were mythical characters and I'm still not sure about you because the card was signed by Lou and some guy named Andrew. Carol told me the great TCD's real name is Andrew. But since only the infamous Lou came back a few days later I know he's real but I'm still not convinced that you are a real person. LOL!

But all joking aside. Thanks for the spike and hopefully next time ill have the pleasure of making your acquaintance.

Yes, sorry we didn't get to meet.

Lou, Buddy and I were there at your site, but you were off having fun.

Without a golf cart, I wasn't able to loop like usual, so I didn't get a chance to try again.

Maybe next time.

I'm on it:

1-1.jpg

That is a great photo!

I'd rather have been there with you, MD and BM.

While you're at it, ask MD to finish his Ft. Desoto TR!!!

Not that I am one to talk. I've been to the Fort 3x since my last TR, and promised another mom on here I would at least post photos of our Legoland trip and haven't done any of it! And probably won't. I just don't have time. But I am enjoying everyone else's, slowly but surely getting caught up!

Yes, you are right. If he doesn't show up here soon, I will start bugging him.

And, you should re-think not posting a TR. You know it's fun, and you will have something to look back on in the future to remember all the fun you had.

TCD

It's time for an update.

We left off with our return to the 1500 loop around 3 am.

We were beat.

I slept in the next morning.

All the way to 8.

It wasn't nearly as cold on the night of the 31st as it had been on the 1st.

The first morning of 2013 at the Fort was very sunny and pleasant.

As you may recall, I had spent my previous morning checking out the new Four Seasons resort.

This morning, I needed to go to my favorite spot.

Remember, I was cartless. So that meant I had to bike it.

That was fine.

Here's one of my favorite views at the Fort- looking toward the 1300 loop from just outside the 1500 loop. I love the bridge that leads to the Meadow area from the 1500 loop:

NYE2012317.jpg

And, this is a look down the canal from the bridge just north of the 1500 loop:

NYE2012318.jpg

I love the swamp that lies between the 1500 loop and the 300 loop:

NYE2012319.jpg

NYE2012320.jpg

NYE2012321.jpg

When I got to the 300 loop, I headed around the loop.

I'll bet you know where I'm going.

I realized I hadn't taken a lot of photos of all the decorated sites yet, so I snapped a photo of one that I liked as I headed around the loop:

NYE2012322.jpg

I headed out of the loop the back way.

I took a look down the canal, which I always do.

This used to be one of my favorite views in the Fort.

You can't see it too well because of the glare, but one of the Four Seasons' cranes was sticking up above the tree line:

NYE2012323.jpg

Those cranes have been there around a year. I hate them. But, I had always hoped that when the construction was done, and they were gone, the trees would hide the abomination that they built too close to the Fort.

I was quite sad to see something new this morning.

Let's take a closer look:

300canal.jpg

Boo!

You can clearly see the tower features on the roof of the new hotel.

Those aren't going away.

At night, they will be lit up.

And rich folks who are appalled at the very thought of camping will be sitting in them sipping martinis and looking down on us lowly campers. Since the Four Seasons chain caters to an international clientele, there is no doubt that many of them will be recording the Magic Kingdom fireworks with their ipads while yelling FUEGO every night. I'll bet we will even be able to hear them and see their glowing ipad screens.

Curse you Disney!

Why did you let this happen?

But, you know what? I don't have to come out here and look at that if I don't want to.

At least this is the only place you can see the abomination from the Fort.

All I have to do is look the other way, and I don't have to see it:

NYE2012324.jpg

Here's a great photo. This is around 8:30 am on January 1st- what a way to start the year! Make sure you note that the kid is wearing a coonskin hat:

NYE2012325.jpg

Last night, I was surrounded by thousands of people not from this land screaming FUEGO in my ear, and here, 8 hours later, I get to look upon this scene.

That's why I love the Fort!

That last photo might have been one of my all time favorites.

But it was ruined by something in the background.

Yes, the dam fence.

I first saw the dam fence in October.

Back then it even had barbed wire.

Now, inexplicably, the barbed wire is gone.

Why did they put up the dam fence?

Dam if I know.

They still don't have locks on the dam gates, so what's the dam use of the dam fence? :

NYE2012326.jpg

NYE2012327.jpg

I used to like that dam.

But I hate that ugly dam fence.

Yet again, I don't have to look at it.

Just down the path, I can look at this:

NYE2012328.jpg

In case you don't know, this is my favorite spot in all of the Fort.

I just love the view. If you look carefully, you can see the MK boat there in front of Discovery Island.

The view the other way is nice too:

NYE2012329.jpg

Extra points if you saw the bird.

I had to take one more photo, because I wasn't sure if I got the moon in my first one- the moon is up there in the center left of this photo:

NYE2012330.jpg

Here's one more- I took it because I liked how the buildings reflected on the lake. I think it's weird how it looks like there is a complete reflection of Bay Lake Tower even though Discovery Island is in the way:

NYE2012331.jpg

Usually, when I come back here, I am all alone. That's one of the reasons I like it.

But this morning, there was a CM hanging out back here loafing on the clock:

NYE2012332.jpg

Not long ago, Stefa70 reported how she was yelled at by a CM for riding her bike back here.

Yet, here is this knucklehead in his little toy riceburner.

From here, I headed down the path toward the Settlement.

I stopped in this little clearing to take a few photos to show that absolutely nothing has been done to start the new pavilion project that Disney submitted a permit application for over two years ago:

NYE2012333.jpg

NYE2012334.jpg

If you look down the path to the Settlement from this spot, you can see the decorations on the back of Fiesty's site:

NYE2012335.jpg

Speaking of Fiesty's site, I need to post some photos of it.

Here's a look at things from the back:

NYE2012336.jpg

I appreciate that Fiesty sets up a whole nativity scene. She remembers the reason for the season. But this particular set is kind of creepy.

For example, there's the one wise man there on the left who seems to be checking out Joseph:

NYE2012337.jpg

And the wise man in the back has a really angry face and Hitler moustache.

Yes, I said Hitler moustache:

NYE2012338.jpg

You may have noticed the loafing CM coming out of the pedestrian path there in that last photo. If not, here he is:

NYE2012339.jpg

Here's a look on the other side of the path from Fiesty, heading in to the 100 loop:

NYE2012340.jpg

The TCD twins loved this new decoration in Fiesty's collection this year- she has Mater towing Santa's trailer:

NYE2012341.jpg

Musket Mickey! Nice:

NYE2012342.jpg

This is the site directly across from Fiesty on the 100 loop. Notice how their three trees are all bent. Why? :

NYE2012343.jpg

Here's a look at the front of Fiesty's site. Do you think she has enough signs? :

NYE2012345.jpg

Fiesty even has decorations up in the trees. And, a FortFiends.net Snarky sign there on the bottom left in this photo:

NYE2012346.jpg

That brings us to the photo limit, so we need to move on.

Next, I will grab some coffee, and then we will head to a place that is explored on every TCD visit to the Fort.

If you guessed that we are going to River Country, then you guessed right.

We are headed there next.

TCD