Stef's Red White & Boo At The Fort

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First person I thought of when I seen this..

Stef, Tony wants me to make sure you know, how much we appreciate you allowing us into the reunion. Tony was excited he was able to support and celebrate with Jordan, especially after a year over in

Wednesday, January 8th - I slept in til about 5:30 and ventured outside with my laptop to catch up on some e-mails. At 6:00 I received a text from TJ: Are you awake? I responded: Of course! He asked:

I love Jordan's and Nate's shirts.

TCD

I bought Jordan's on our December trip. Every Fort lover needs a Fort shirt.

Nate's, I found at Kmart, and with Nate being single & mingling, he had to have it!

It was perfect at the parks. All I had to do was glance around to find him.

I bet you had to use the extra strap with the seatbelt on Soarin'.

That was mean.

:rofl2: Not mean at all! Donnie actually tried to get me to use it!

What's the Beverley trick?

Please tell Jordan thank you for his service from a fellow vet.

A few of the Coke samples are delicious. China is my fave. The Beverly is pretty nasty, but I told Jordan it was the best just so I could capture his face after the sample. Unfortunately, my pic came out blurry! Thank heavens for Jason being ready with his video camera.

Thank you from Jordan, and thank YOU from us!

Update in progress!

As soon as the kids left, I waited about 10 minutes (in case they forgot something and had to return) then went into Speedy Gonzalez mode.

I started Trevor on balloon blowing inside, and when I went out to gather more stuff, Jason showed up ready to work!

Have I mentioned that Jason is awesome?

I would never have asked him to take time out of his solo trip to help us get ready for a party. All I did was invite him to eat and drink with us. He took it upon himself to show up to work.

Just off the top of my head, Jason:

Helped Nate figure out his itune problem he'd been having on his phone.

Kept score for us in cornhole.

Videotaped Jordan's surprise.

Helped decorate for the party.

Taught me a few new features on my camera (which came in handy on Sunday evening too)

It seemed like whenever I turned around, he was there with a helping hand!

What a guy!! Surely someone I consider a life long friend. (Don't call me Shirley.....Airplane anyone? ;D )

Back to the party....

Tony and Jason went to work on the banner I had ordered.

FortJan2013Jordan323.jpg

We hung them between Mickey & Minnie.

FortJan2013Jordan343.jpg

Inside the screen room was something I had made, along with sweet & spicy meatballs, hot wing dip, baked beans and liquor.

FortJan2013Jordan325.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan324.jpg

(Jason's video shows the collage much better)

I didn't take as many pics as I had planned because I was so busy, but I got a few.

FortJan2013Jordan326.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan328.jpg

Out of 24 sub sandwiches, this was all that was left by the time I remembered to take a pic. They were held together with red white & blue umbrella toothpicks.

FortJan2013Jordan334.jpg

Here is the video Jason shot of the set-up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qXZgyB2nhhQ

Here is his arrival video.

WARNING!!! Either turn the volume down or watch it without kids. There are a few F-bombs dropped. To say he was shocked is an understatement. Now that he was home for a month, he watched it and said

"boy, I have a foul mouth!" We'll re-train him when he comes home for good. ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Z5jGhnmDQw

And some pics that I did remember to take.

FortJan2013Jordan331.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan330.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan329.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan335.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan332.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan333.jpg

It turned out even better than I had hoped! Judy entertained us more and more as the night went on and even found some interesting uses for the Army men that I had all over the tables. ???

I didn't get a picture, but we had ice cream cake too!

Dave AKA devores had messaged me that he had to work that night and couldn't make it, but he showed up right after work. Even though we had cleaned up, I gave him some subs to take home.

FortJan2013Jordan339.jpg

To Genia, Tony & Jason: THANK YOU for all your help!!

To all that came to support Jordan, you have no idea what it meant to him! THANK YOU!

I have a whole new appreciation for what these men & women go through. The things I saw were disturbing enough, yet he had a flash drive that he wouldn't even show me.

We kept one decoration up for the night.

FortJan2013Jordan327.jpg

Coming up: Goodbyes to Genia, Tony & Jason and eventually the boys after one last visit to a park!

awww Steph, I've been here just didnt have alot to say, my kiddos have been sick and sucking my will to live, however I have to say a few things,

Epcot looked AWESOME! I hope to visit during WWW, I need one of those slushie things

Jordan is a very lucky young man to have your family, alot of young troops don't have that kind of support, so I salute you and your family :heart:

I'm long over due some punch and some of that buffalo dip stuff :)

You all did an exellent job with the surprise party!

I enjoyed the pics and videos.

You and your family are good people and Jordan is lucky to have you all.

I have nothing but appreciation for his service to our country and I am glad he has people to show him how much he is loved and appreciated.

Again, I wish all the returning vets had people like you and your family.

smiley-vault-misc-079.gif

Stef,

Glad we could help! We're proud to the part of the extended Spawn family!

We can talk about that circular family tree later!

That night was awesome in so many ways. And Tony still can't believe his ears, eyes or mouth from Fiesty! "Don't we have some C-A-K-E?" And sorry to Jordo, but army men will never be thought of the same again. Evah!

But at least he understands more of the texts. AND RUN, RUN, RUN!

Stef,

Tony wants me to make sure you know, how much we appreciate you allowing us into the reunion. Tony was excited he was able to support and celebrate with Jordan, especially after a year over in A-Stan.

I understand Jordan shared with Tony about some of things he expreienced over there. For Tony, even after 28 years of moving the Army and other forces around, he (Tony) appreciates all they do. He was proud to pass on one of his challenge coins to Jordo. I just wish we could have done more for him and his close friends and supporters.

For you and Trev (and Mason) to support him and his buds like yall do......... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

And for all those FF members and others that stopped by to say "Thank You" presonally; I think ya'll deserve a :heart: too. Ya'll made/took time out of your vacation or work for this brave young man. So to you, THANK YOU 2.

Note: My nice allotment is out for at least the rest of the month. Be warned. :clint: