It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

Ok so i know that the questions were like 9 pages or so ago. but ill give a little update to TheLug's where abouts.

Started school back because work aid that they wanted me to.. They are paying and want me to advance yadda yadda yadda. Crap i hate college think it is a scam. O well I am doing it anyway. Yay me!

We are getting married on September 7th. 

Started a new position (Promotion) at work.

Bought a new house.

and everything else in life I have been so busy its nuts. No time to camp, websurf, ride my bike, shoot my guns. Just work, sleep, study, eat, and help with other things. 

But i still lurk from time to time at work. Haven't done much traveling in my new position, so few fort trips in the future. We even let our passes expire for the first time in almost 6 years!

I miss yall. We hope to be there a couple times over the summer, and Halloween.

Honey moon is in Hawaii! I am really excited about that!

Lug out!

o and the curtain yeah thats nuts!

$119.95

That's just a guess, but look at this

disney-s-art-of-animation.jpg

That's the same shower curtain right?

You know where that picture was taken?

One of the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA.

That's why you paid so much. Its one of the items they actually use in the rooms.

Yes. That is the same shower curtain.

And I'll end the suspense.

After my discount and then adding tax, it was one twenty three-ish

Ouch

TCD

:bugeyes: YIKES.....

That's allot for a shower curtain.

I would feel a little weird using that thing anyway. Having her stare at me while I shower would make me feel dirtier after the shower than before.

While we waited for Twin #2, Twin #1 did a bit of goofing around, which she is quite good at.  We ended up with one of my favorite photos from this trip report:

06813SWW359_zps00a7f1cf.jpg

So, for now,

That's all I have.

TCD

Tell Twin #1 great job.. She really nailed that one.

OK, I have a suggestion for the next TDD Trip Report.

Hear me out.

Don't say no until you've pondered it good.

Just consider it.

I think you should do a TCD Does the Fort Solo report.

OK, do not say no yet.

You haven't heard me out.

I know it would be sorta lonely...well, very lonely, without your girls, but just consider...

You could do a long weekend and just focus on a TCD Tours the Fort perspective. You could go into excruciating detail about everything you see and find. Since you'd be doing it solo, you could write the report on-the-fly, while you're there, and us Fort Fiends could keep you company electronically.

Just a thought. It would be a fun read. Maybe not quite as fun for you, but lots of fun for us.

kudos on another great TCD TR.

Side note: just spent a couple of days at Missouri University for summer orientation with my son. Schools and campuses have changed (improved) dramatically. I'm trying to figure out if I can get back into the fraternity if I return for my Phd. I don't think your DD will have any problem not having a roommate. I bet it becomes the "hangout" room because of the extra space. Plus, with the monster rec centers and multitude of on campus coffee shops, it doesn't appear that the kids will spend a lot of time in their rooms. Oh ya, and some of the tie in class

Hear me out.

Just consider it.

OK, do not say no yet.

I know it would be sorta lonely...well, very lonely, without your girls, but just consider...

You could do a long weekend and just focus on a TCD Tours the Fort perspective. You could go into excruciating detail about everything you see and find. Since you'd be doing it solo, you could write the report on-the-fly, while you're there, and us Fort Fiends could keep you company electronically.

Just a thought. It would be a fun read. Maybe not quite as fun for you, but lots of fun for us.

OR...he could have a contest for Fiends to win a weekend at the Fort with TCD!

Genius!  

Not only would they get to be at the Fort, they would also have the best tour guide the entire time!

I call dibs on the first one.  

[quote name="Tri-Circle-D" post="

Then, we pulled up a bit, and I saw one of the old, decrepit, Disney Security guards at his station blocking all traffic from going down the road to the Contemporary Resort and the MK bus stops:

TCD

Lou moonlights as a security guard?

Great report, it had everything, laughs, tears and everything in between (including shock at what you paid for that shower curtain!).

I'm sure there are more trips to the Fort in your future. We will be down in October, you could always borrow my kids for a few days so you won't look weird going on the little mermaid ride alone ;)

Time to wrap up this report with some final comments:

$119.95

That's just a guess, but look at this

disney-s-art-of-animation.jpg

That's the same shower curtain right?

You know where that picture was taken?

One of the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA.

That's why you paid so much. Its one of the items they actually use in the rooms.

I know I already responded to this post, but I wanted to post a photo of Twin #2's shower curtain so we can compare:

FSU61913009_zps99764de0.jpg

Yup, it's the same. 

I am still surprised by the price, though.  No way Disney pays anything close to that for them.  I kind of got trapped into buying it, because I said I would before I knew the price.  I would imagine that a lot of guests balk a the price.

Ok so i know that the questions were like 9 pages or so ago. but ill give a little update to TheLug's where abouts.

Started school back because work aid that they wanted me to.. They are paying and want me to advance yadda yadda yadda. Crap i hate college think it is a scam. O well I am doing it anyway. Yay me!

We are getting married on September 7th. 

Started a new position (Promotion) at work.

Bought a new house.

and everything else in life I have been so busy its nuts. No time to camp, websurf, ride my bike, shoot my guns. Just work, sleep, study, eat, and help with other things. 

But i still lurk from time to time at work. Haven't done much traveling in my new position, so few fort trips in the future. We even let our passes expire for the first time in almost 6 years!

I miss yall. We hope to be there a couple times over the summer, and Halloween.

Honey moon is in Hawaii! I am really excited about that!

Lug out!

o and the curtain yeah thats nuts!

Wow.  You do have a lot going on.

I agree with you about college being a scam.  Somewhere along the line, colleges have turned into fine tuned money making machines.  Educating students in fields where they can find productive employment seems to have been lost along the way.

:bugeyes: YIKES.....

That's allot for a shower curtain.

I would feel a little weird using that thing anyway. Having her stare at me while I shower would make me feel dirtier after the shower than before.

I agree with you.

I wouldn't want Ariel hanging out in my bathroom.

Really enjoyed your trip report.

Thanks!

I am glad that you enjoyed it, and thanks for taking the time to say so.

Tell Twin #1 great job.. She really nailed that one.

Yeah.  If I had to pick one hyena for each of my daughters to play, Twin #1 would be Ed for sure. 

That is a great photo of you and Twin #1.

06813SWW359_zps00a7f1cf.jpg

Ha.  Ha.

Good one.

Hear me out.

Just consider it.

OK, do not say no yet.

That sounds like a splendid idea.

I can't imagine it happening, but it is a great idea.

kudos on another great TCD TR.

Side note: just spent a couple of days at Missouri University for summer orientation with my son. Schools and campuses have changed (improved) dramatically. I'm trying to figure out if I can get back into the fraternity if I return for my Phd. I don't think your DD will have any problem not having a roommate. I bet it becomes the "hangout" room because of the extra space. Plus, with the monster rec centers and multitude of on campus coffee shops, it doesn't appear that the kids will spend a lot of time in their rooms. Oh ya, and some of the tie in class

Thanks.

And I agree with you about the dramatic improvements in colleges over the past few years.  This whole orientation thing has become big business.  I've been to two now, and it's funny to talk to the other parents- none that I've talked to ever had an orientation like they do these days. 

The oldest TCD DD was an orientation leader at FSU and loved it.  So much so, that she is now pursuing her Masters in Higher Education Administration at Auburn.  She has been working as a Graduate Assistant for the Auburn orientation program this summer, and loves it.  The way things look now- this is the area that she plans to work in after she completes her Masters.  Her former boss at FSU is plugged in at various orientation programs around the country, and it has become a big thing.

TCD

Thank You for another great trip report.  

You are welcome.

And thank you for reading and posting!

OR...he could have a contest for Fiends to win a weekend at the Fort with TCD!

Genius!  

Not only would they get to be at the Fort, they would also have the best tour guide the entire time!

I call dibs on the first one.  

Seriously?

That would be trouble with a capital T.

Lou moonlights as a security guard?

LOL.  But, Lou is too young to be a security guard.  Those guys could be Lou's father.  Or grandfather.

Another great trip report.

Sorry to see it come to an end.

Looking forward to any trips you and the twins together or individually are able to do.

A Disney type trip in August...hmmm perhaps a TCD & Mrs.TCD Disney cruise? Or maybe a trip to Disneyland?

A Disney Cruise?

Not a bad idea.

Hmmm.... And there will be a few other really cool people at WDW that week.

Really?

I know about your family and Jason and Sil.

Who are the really cool people that will be there?

So glad I came aboard and read this report.  Enjoyed it.

But Holy Smokes!  You are either the world's nicest dad or the world's craziest dad by buying that shower curtain.  The bargain hunting girl in me would think that's a week's worth of groceries for my family.  

I will go with crazy.

As I said, I kind of was trapped.  Twin #2 really wanted that shower curtain for some reason, and stupid me said I would buy it before I knew the price.  I expected it to cost more than what I might find at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I would never have guessed that price in a million years.

Oh well, she now has the nicest shower curtain at FSU.

Bragging rights.

Great report, it had everything, laughs, tears and everything in between (including shock at what you paid for that shower curtain!).

I'm sure there are more trips to the Fort in your future. We will be down in October, you could always borrow my kids for a few days so you won't look weird going on the little mermaid ride alone ;)

OK, deal.

I would feel creepy going on the LM ride alone.

Do they like to meet princesses?

I totally would have suggested something like that had I not been put on the spot.

Maybe I can sell Twin #2's used when she is done living in the dorm?

I'll get Ariel to sign it.

Great report TCD. Good luck to the Twins and Daughter #1. I like the idea of a solo TCD Fort trip!

Thanks.

I like the idea of a solo TCD Fort trip.

But Mrs. TCD would probably say that would not only be a solo trip, but a one way trip as well.

Ending of one chapter starts the beginning of a new one.

The memories will be just as great, only different.

Great girls you have there.  The pride in them is totally justified.

Thanks.

And you're right.

A new chapter is beginning.

It will be great.

It just won't have a lot of camping trips at the Fort.

TCD