Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how long that room has been like that, but it was just like that in April of 2010.  They have kept it up though.  It has a few rough spots but it had been redone since our visit then.  I'

Next it was over to Advetureland.  We stopped to watch the Jack Sparrow show. 

P9252894_zps1cc0df52.jpg

They have cast some really great Captain Jack's :)

I also recognize his assistant!!  He is a former Adventurer!!!  (Played Emil Bleehal, Fletcher Hodges, and the Butler at the Adventurer's Club) KUNGALOOSH!!! 

Okay lets start this post off with a little mess up in my planning.  There weren't many mess ups but this was one.  So on our last trip Fowl was 2 and we went back to the room and napped every day.  I don't think he fell asleep in the stroller the whole time.  Fish had never either so that was the plan this trip.  The problem...  I failed to remember that last time most of the parks were open until at least 9 but most of the time 11.  That was in the Spring.  Very low crowd but apparently because it's Spring they keep the parks open later.  In the Fall this is not the case.  Many nights parks closed at 8.  I just didn't think about it.  --Until Friday of our trip and we'll get to that in later. 

Because Fish had already fallen asleep we should have just stayed at the park.  We should have done some sitting around and relaxing and just stayed.  When I help people plan I always say go back and take the nap if you have napping little ones.  In my opinion a 30 min. rest does not equal a nap.  But Fish was OUT so I think he would have slept a while.  He did go back to sleep in the room and everyone was refreshed and we still had a great time that night.  I think it even rained while we were in our room, but by the time we napped and got back it was like 6:40 and the park closed at 8.  Bummer.

Leaving our room. 

P9252925_zps11fcb0eb.jpg

Our beautiful standard room view. 

P9252926_zpsc68d8afa.jpg

Our first stop was to see Tink.  Fowl asked to see Woody and Buzz, Phineas and Ferb, and Tinkerbelle this trip.  You are probably wondering why a little boy would want to see Tinkerbelle.  Well if you have seen the newer Tinkerbelle movies (I think there are about 5) you will know why.  They are really good.  They are about animals and adventure and they really aren't girly at all.  I don't think Fowl even has a clue it is a girl think like the princesses are.  So off we went.  On a side note, we went during the Fireworks and there was only like a 30 min. wait and that was because they took a break.  FYI Daddy was not to thrilled to be standing in line to see Tinkerbelle.  :)

Fowl was happy that Terrance was going to be in with Tink.  He had a few questions he had planned on asking Terrence and Tink.  He wanted to know their favorite animal and their names.  Also he wanted to tell them about his lizard Yella Fella.  By the way Santa brought another lizard.  A bearded dragon this time.  Named Buddy after a favorite Elf. 

P9252930_zps4088e0ee.jpg

Terrance listing to Fowl's 1000 questions. 

P9252931_zps5a45d5df.jpg

Contemplating his answers. :)

P9252932_zps5138655d.jpg

I think he stumped them. 

P9252936_zps4790e8c3.jpg

P9252938_zps046c843f.jpg

After this Daddy and Fowl sprinted and ended up getting to ride Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain.  Fish and I rode the Magic Carpets (he's a big fan of how you can make them tilt and go up and down) and Pirates.  We spent a lot of time in Adventure land this trip.  It must be a boy thing.  I think we were on that side of the park just about the whole time. 

P9252939_zps6d228f32.jpg

P9252941_zps778b8fcf.jpg

We would be back to MK one more time!!

P9252943_zps8decaf24.jpg

I'm pretty sure the boys ate some oh so healthy nuggets in the room before we went back and then Daddy and I ate in the room when we got back.  He went and got us the nachos.  I love nachos (again oh so healthy) and I really loved Pop's nachos. 

They had been wanting to take this picture at Pop for a while. 

P9252944_zpsed3cab86.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay so I'm GOING to finish this up ASAP.  Especially since TCD was making fun of my type of trip report writer.  :)  

So picking back up with Thursday, another EPCOT day.  

As I have explained before I am in love with EPCOT.  I get a twinge of sadness all the time about my babies growing up but one of the things I tell myself is that I can really really enjoy the world showcase when they are older.  I really would like to walk around for days taking it all in.  So we always plan 2 EPCOT days.  It is the grown up folks favorite!!  We chose this day because it was the soft opening for the Food and Wine festival.  This has been on my bucket list for a long time.  I wish I could have spent longer and enjoyed it more.  But it was awesome anyway!!  

So I'll start out with saying this.  I love big hair.  I love for my hair to be big and fluffy.  I think the bigger the hair the closer to Jesus!  And while we were waiting to get on the bus at Pop my hair got wet.  Now I'm not high maintenance at all.  But this made me miserable.  I mean MISERABLE.  I was so ill about it!  Silly I know but I couldn't shake it.  

So that is how our day started.  

I'd been really wanting to see this.  Everyone thought it was pretty cool. 

P9252945_zps5f7d0591.jpg

P9252947_zps717f8ed8.jpg

This is what Fowl was pumped about...

P9252949_zps6b298ecd.jpg

It really was fun.  He wants to do the entire thing one day, but we just did Mexico.  I was way amazed.  If you haven't tried it you should!!

Mexico ride!

P9252953_zpsd20d392d.jpg

KidCOT - The boys liked getting the stamps way more than I thought they would and thank goodness there was a Perry one, I would not be happy if they had to use Duffy.  I'm not a duffy fan.  I don't get it.  

P9252952_zps57c6a79e.jpg

P9252951_zpsc8f80ca4.jpg

Okay so warning Fish has on a leash.  Yes I know people think this is terrible and the worst possible thing you could do to your child but we would like to end the day with him with us and not lost so that is our feeling on the subject.  Plus he really wanted out of the stroller for a while.  I personal feel like the folks who hate these fall into one of these categories... a. have no kids b. did/do not have adventurous little boys with absolutely no fear c. are way faster runners than I am.  Fish will NOT hold hands and if you do not have an eye on him he will absolutely run away or jump in some lake or climb through a fence.  NO FEAR!  And he is a fast little bugger.  Me not so much!  So just overlook the leash.  I promise I never let Fowl lead his brother around and I didn't let him wind his leash around other folks.  

P9252955_zpseda3606d.jpg

P9252956_zpsed112404.jpg

P9252959_zps8345dbe7.jpg

P9252962_zpsf02315d8.jpg

We saved our snack credits and used them for our Food and Wine food.  The boys got a meal at the new Mexican place.  (new to us)  We learned on this day that I love eating different little things through out the day and Daddy was not a fan and thinks you should sit down to one big meal.  :)  Still we thought it was really fun.  

We had the shrimp and noodles and dumplings in china, the waffle from somewhere, the beef empanadas (I think).  I may go back and give this a better review at the end of the report.  

On to China.  We are currently in the process of adopting from China and had just previously made the decision to go forward with it a month or so before our Disney Trip.  So I wanted to see EVERYTHING in the China pavilion.  

P9252966_zps0bb61945.jpg

P9252965_zps9b58af47.jpg

P9252968_zpsff1ff93a.jpg

P9252969_zpsf5af9546.jpg

A little drumming in Africa.

P9252970_zps8693788e.jpg

P9252971_zps113ac4bf.jpg

I have no idea what Fish saw but he was really trying to get through that fence.  

P9252975_zpsa4da9b78.jpg

Love this...

P9262977_zps758ad9c1.jpg

And France

P9262979_zpse76f6d72.jpg

P9262980_zpsc5c4c4c3.jpg

P9262978_zpsaef7aed8.jpg

P9262981_zps06a43d68.jpg

That was really fun for my boys!!

And this was when I had reached my limit.  My hair looked like a rat had crawled through it, it was super sticky hot, and I wanted to go back.  We should have stayed but I needed to relax some!  

We went back to POP.   Daddy and Fish napped and Fowl and mommy went for a dip in the pool.  Man it made me feel better!  

Great job getting back to work on this report!

Even though I complained about a mom who had a kid on a leash in my latest TR, I am not anti-leash.  I understand that there are safety issues with some kids, and I have no problem with parents using them if they need to.  What I don't like is parents who don't pay attention to their kids on the leash such as the mom who was letting her kid finger paint with his boogers on the glass display case at Trail's End.  That I do have a problem with.

I'm glad you let the boys do the kid's craft- my kids always enjoyed this (they used to have masks-same idea though).  I always thought the interaction with the international CM's was a great thing for the kids.  Do they still give kids a prize if they get a stamp from every country on their stick?

TCD

Even though I complained about a mom who had a kid on a leash in my latest TR, I am not anti-leash.  I understand that there are safety issues with some kids, and I have no problem with parents using them if they need to.  What I don't like is parents who don't pay attention to their kids on the leash such as the mom who was letting her kid finger paint with his boogers on the glass display case at Trail's End.  That I do have a problem with.

I'm glad you let the boys do the kid's craft- my kids always enjoyed this (they used to have masks-same idea though).  I always thought the interaction with the international CM's was a great thing for the kids.  Do they still give kids a prize if they get a stamp from every country on their stick?

TCD

TCD

Yeah I'm not a fan of booger painting!  EWWW!

We didn't make it to the end so I'm not sure.  The CMs doing the stamps were super super nice though!

Glad you are finishing! I really want to make it down for Food and Wine one of these days. 

And BTW, it just rained on our whole trip. :(

It wasn't terrible for us, but a pain in the rump.  

We used a lease on my GKs when they were younger. They didn't mind them and made it much easier to keep up with them. We had a monkey backpack also.

Fish actually does mind it.  He does this little fall on the ground go limp routine.   But he eventually forgets about it.  :)  He's a sight!  

Leashes definitely have their place when used properly.  Pretty funny that Fowl can't hold Fish, but a troll can. LOL

Well I think Fish didn't notice.  He doesn't want anyone telling him what to do!  :) 

Glad you restarted this TR!

Also glad your DS does not booger paint.

My DD is the no fear type but she will hold my hand if I ask her to.

As parents, we all know our own kids the best and do what we feel we need to do to keep them safe.

Fish is learning.  I know it's hard to believe but he was only 2 in July and so in these pictures it was September so he was 26 months old.  Now he will do what we ask a little better.  But still if something looks really awesome he will jerk his hand fast and run.  

Glad you're back on this TR!  Cute pic with the troll holding onto the leash! And I'm so thrilled to hear of the adoption from China!  What is your timetable for that?

Looking forward to more!

Thanks!  We are thrilled too.  We are hoping he/she will be in our home sometime in 2015.  

And now we were rested.  And back for more fun!  

So happy to get to be here and see this...

P9262989_zps85e86284.jpg

This was the "soft" opening.  Let me give you some advice.  We were there for the last week of free dining (well they extended it but when we booked it was the last week) and the last few days ran into F&W.  I knew the weekend would be madness.  So without knowing 100% for sure that they would have booths open we chanced it.  We made the right choice.  I had read many blogs and articles that they had in fact open on this day in years past.  So I was about 90% they would.  But you never know with Disney World.  It was somewhat crowded.  But we have been in the Spring during a non holiday time on a Sunday night and it was equally crowded.  

The plan was to let Daddy and Fowl ride Soarin one more time and then meet up with Fish and I in the World Showcase.  

This is what entertained Fish.  

P9262990_zpsc724b22a.jpg

P9262991_zps93e1cbf5.jpg

P9262993_zps4d72f3a8.jpg

And we have some good friends that live about 10 minutes from us, also on our baseball team.  And both our kids are the same ages.  Well our trips over lapped but we both had them planned out very well.  So there were only a few days we would see each other.  We both stayed at Pop.  They were right across the Mickey phone from us.  :) 

P9262995_zpsf8f65ce3.jpg

P9262996_zpsa268b953.jpg

P9262997_zps8e22bf7f.jpg

P9262998_zpsbdf9a011.jpg

They had already eaten dinner and were heading out.  We knew we'd be seeing each other again though.  

One of my favorites.

P9263000_zps95f0fee5.jpg

There were some escargot bites eaten and lots of other stuff.  We had a great time.  As I mentioned before, at the end of this tr I may do a short F&W review.