The TCD Gang Springs Forward at the Fort- A Spring Break 2014 TR

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, leave Beckers alone, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's my new favorite Fiend.

I have seen them training docking at the Fort. That provided one of the best photos I've ever taken    

I love Agents of Shield. It's really the only show we watch as a family. They are getting ready to start a 7 episode run to the season finale this week! Can't wait! Off topic but my 10 year old dd is

We don't park hop because we don't have APs. Otherwise, I would. Without APs, it's $50 per person to add hopping. That's $150-200 depending on who is with us. Since we could have 2-3 TS meals for that much, we don't hop. 

Maybe the tent is another BABH, and they are going to do a big reveal? 

I must be weird because I think a lot of the F&G food looks good. 

Something is going on with that butterfly exhibit. When we went in 2012, there were tons. In 2013, there were barely any at the same time of year. 

What the hell is that parade? What was that dragon and those weird "raven" things? The whole parade looked like weirdness out of Cirque du Solei. That's not a Disney property. Dislike.

And please don't try to tell me it's the dragon out of Fantasia.

Hey! I have a great idea. Let's get some gymnast dudes dressed up in creepy raven outfits and put them on stilts and scare the little kids trying to get to the Poo ride.

What the hell is that parade? What was that dragon and those weird "raven" things? The whole parade looked like weirdness out of Cirque du Solei. That's not a Disney property. Dislike.

Hey! I have a great idea. Let's get some gymnast dudes dressed up in creepy raven outfits and put them on stilts and scare the little kids trying to get to the Poo ride.

It's the dragon out of sleeping beauty not fantasia.

I wish I could go to French Polynesia.   It is on my bucket list.   As far as McHale's navy,  I have a local station that airs it.  But I did find this for you http://uverseonline.att.net/tv/show/mchales-navy

Hey cool. Are those videos free to watch?

The Tahiti thing was a joke. Kind of an experiment. Want to see how many might catch the reference.

Sorry, I didn't catch it. I had to Google.  I guess its from The Avengers?  Sadly, I haven't seen any of those movies. 

Is this your mystery butterfly? It appears to be moving whatever it is

tcd_bf_zps32614185.jpg

Hey, good job.

And you have a purple crayon, too.

Very nice.

Great photos from the monorail.  

Thanks.

I'm glad you liked them.

I like that monorail loop.

We don't park hop because we don't have APs. Otherwise, I would. Without APs, it's $50 per person to add hopping. That's $150-200 depending on who is with us. Since we could have 2-3 TS meals for that much, we don't hop. 

Maybe the tent is another BABH, and they are going to do a big reveal? 

I must be weird because I think a lot of the F&G food looks good. 

Something is going on with that butterfly exhibit. When we went in 2012, there were tons. In 2013, there were barely any at the same time of year. 

I don't blame you for not hopping.  If I had to pay extra for it I wouldn't.  Since I can, I do.  But, I would be OK without it.

Yeah, a BABH could fit in there.  I've always meant to get "lost" and drive down that runway.  It wouldn't be hard. I could just say I was following my GPS.  I'm not sure what I would say if they caught me peaking in that tent, though.  Maybe if I wait until I have my Phil Holmes costume put together.

I like the food too.  But, it is a lot of walking, and lines and hassle.  I forgot to add the negative experience we had with having to wait at the BBQ place earlier in the this trip.  That factored into our decision too.

I've seen that place full of butterflies too.  I guess they come and go.  They probably have a bunch ready to hatch, and since this was the first weekend, they weren't quite ready.

David and I love the monorail too.

We used to eat at the Odyssey restaurant.  The kids loved it.  The characters had a short show and then walked around to the tables.

Great F&G pictures.  I especially like the floating baskets.

Oh, I didn't know they had characters in that restaurant.  For some reason, I got the idea that it was a quick serve.

I love those floating flower baskets too.

Todd beat me to it.  but I do agree. 

TCDButterfly-1.jpg

Wow.  What a show off.  You have four crayons!

And you found humans too! 

Nice job.

But, I think both you and Todd missed one.  Look here:

butterflies3_zps3075a7d4.jpg

YES!!!

A Troll RantTM!

Awesome!

Yes, that is supposed to be Maleficent.  There's a video on the Disney Parks Blog where one of the designers explains his concept.

I guess I have to take back my statement that everyone loves this parade.

It's the dragon out of sleeping beauty not fantasia.

Somehow, I don't think that's going to change the Troll's opinion.

TCD

Sorry, but I don't have a Dole Whip photo.  Imagine a really small Dole Whip.  Smaller than one of the ones DIT makes.  Then imagine a smaller one than that.  With a couple of drops of rum on top.  That's what it looked like.  But, it was good.  And the coconut rum is a winner. 

Smaller than this?

P1020921.JPG

Hmm, that's not THAT small.  Not the biggest Dole Whip ever, but respectable.  And besides....that is likely the last Dole Whip I will ever make.  They just aren't my thing.  I love pineapple, but those are too sweet for me.  I think half of that went in the trash.  

Smaller than this?

P1020921.JPG

Hmm, that's not THAT small.  Not the biggest Dole Whip ever, but respectable.  And besides....that is likely the last Dole Whip I will ever make.  They just aren't my thing.  I love pineapple, but those are too sweet for me.  I think half of that went in the trash.

Yes smaller than that.

You know, I figured out what's going on here.

I realized it last night, and went back and took another look at that old selfie photo you posted.

You have a time machine.

And you must be time traveling and taking photos and then bringing them back to the present and posting them here.

You might fool everyone else, but you're not fooling me.

You never made that big of a Dole Whip.  And one of those guys in that old photo looks like you.

Busted.

TCD

Close but not the movies. Right universe though.

OK, it's the TV show. 

Did anyone get this?

You know what?  I've gone this far, I may as well just come clean and tell you the absolute truth.  Even though it may be heresy in Fiendom.  

Dole Whip SMB.  

There, I said it.  

Go ahead and create DIT Scale 3.0.  Dole Whip can go somewhere a couple of notches below a Lou.  

So it is written.  

Since it's past noon on a Friday, I know that's just the scotch talking. 

I don't think Dole Whip belongs below a Lou.

Come on.

TCD

Oh, I didn't know they had characters in that restaurant.  For some reason, I got the idea that it was a quick serve.

It was quick serve.  But every hour or so the characters came out in futuristic costumes and did their show.  I have pictures, but they're somewhere in the thousands of photos I haven't scanned yet.

It was quick serve.  But every hour or so the characters came out in futuristic costumes and did their show.  I have pictures, but they're somewhere in the thousands of photos I haven't scanned yet.

Now that's a cool concept.  Quick serve plus characters.  They would never do that now.  I'd love to see just a couple photos if you ever find them.

Sweet. TCD ranks ice cream higher than friendship.

It's not ice cream.  it's Dole Whip.

And you've met Lou.

You should understand.

Probably not.

Well, you tried.

I give you an "A" for effort.

TCD

Here's something interesting that I wanted to share, since the Troll got me thinking about the parade again.

I went back and looked at the concept art that the originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog.  It's neat to look at it now that the floats have all been revealed.

There are two articles:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/disney-festival-of-fantasy-parade-coming-to-magic-kingdom-park-in-2014/

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/first-look-disney-festival-of-fantasy-parade-floats-from-little-mermaid-brave/

The Peter Pan float artwork does show Captain Hook and Mr. Smee both on the anchor:

pan294848SMALL.jpg

The Tangled float is supposed to be a ship.  I didn't get that in the parade:

tan375736SMALL.jpg

The Little Mermaid and Brave floats came out looking very close to the concepts:

JEP695438SMALL.jpg

JEP695439SMALL.jpg

Even the little bear/brother is there.

Also, here's a link to a video from an Imagineer who worked on the dragon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VlKC3sdKr8

TCD

Now that's a cool concept.  Quick serve plus characters.  They would never do that now.  I'd love to see just a couple photos if you ever find them.

I'm slowly going through my albums and scanning the best pics, so I will eventually find them.  It may be awhile, though.

Great report as always TCD!

The Tahiti thing was a joke. Kind of an experiment. Want to see how many might catch the reference.

I got it Jason, but I was a day behind on posting. I kind of like the Agent's of Shield, especially Coulson but I've missed it the last two weeks so I have to catch up.

WBI

I got it Jason, but I was a day behind on posting. I kind of like the Agent's of Shield, especially Coulson but I've missed it the last two weeks so I have to catch up.

WBI

Thanks WBI. Sadly I am more than a few weeks behind. I really need to spend a weekend getting caught up. 

Two thumbs up on the string of pics from the monorail as you moved through Epcot. Next to the boat ride from the fort to the MK, it is my favorite leg Disney public transportation.

Extra bonus points for the pics you took later of the same (I think) colorful lake bank under the monorail track. Nice job getting 2 perspectives of the same landscape in one TR installment.

You know what?  I've gone this far, I may as well just come clean and tell you the absolute truth.  Even though it may be heresy in Fiendom.  

Dole Whip SMB.  

There, I said it.  

So it is written.  

Again, another omen,  er, I mean sign that we could be kin.  

The kids won't eat it either.  A few bites and lil H was like.. 'uhhh I've had enough.  That's ok."  :))

Not quite related but I have heard Tahiti is a magical place.

Love the reference!  It is my family's favorite show, esp. now that Psych is over.

I'll have to find the pictures from our honeymoon. We went to Bora Bora, and it's more beautiful than you can imagine.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

WBI

I don't think you have missed much.  Two weeks ago was a sneak peek at the rest of the season, as well as some background stuff (I believe, as I missed it purposely because I hate sneak peeks).  This week was a repeat of the episode on the train.

New episode next week.  My kids are psyched!  (Okay, I am too!)