Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

Ok I'm back. Where were we? Oh yeah. We loaded up the cars and head to Graceland, Memphis Tennessee. It's not hard to find, just follow the signs.

6e261a49-c5ed-4efc-b382-ae0298f4a59f_zps

As you pull in you'll notice a sign for a hotel. And yes it the Heartbreak Hotel. But some of you RVers might be interested to know is that right behind it is an RV campground.

http://www.graceland.com/visit/graceland_campground.aspx

imagejpg1_zps1d661d68.jpg

This was taken of the Heartbreak Hotel and the RV park from the Graceland sign.

image_zpsbd4c9e7d.jpg

What sign? This sign with the whole gang standing in front of it.

image_zps4034c5fb.jpg

So we head inside buy our tickets and catch the shuttle bus to take us across the street. That's my beautiful DW with Graceland in the background across the street.

e72009a1-07ee-41d9-92ed-0d1e0252dedc_zps

They took a group picture of us and before we knew it the bus was there and they drove us across the street to the house.

image_zps9df47271.jpg

It's getting late so the inside will have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

We went to Graceland as kids. I remember some of it. We saw the Peabody ducks, I remember a few of the rooms in his house and seeing his airplane (I think? Could we have?).

I also remember something with the Mississippi River, like a small one that ran along side it. So that you could see how it's shaped. Need to ask mom about that.

That BBQ place will go on my list of places to go when I visit Memphis.

My oldest daughter went to visit my Memphis sister last year, and they went to a place famous for its fried chicken.  I need to go there too.

I am guessing that thing in the plastic cup is the deviled egg?  What the heck did they do to it?  I've never seen a deviled egg like that.

Brunswick Stew is not an unusual thing in Florida.  Sonny's BBQ, which is a big chain here, has it on the menu.  I've tried it, but there are too many other things I like on the menu, so it's not something I eat very often.

Did you tell us who all those people are with you at Graceland?  Your family?  Your wife's?  Strangers you met there?

TCD

image_zpsc0d073f7.jpg

When we went to Memphis in 2012 we drove across this bridge and then back so my kids could say they had been to Arkansas. Only other time I've been to Arkansas was when my DH and I did the same thing about 20 years ago. 

Since you've passed through the ticket building in your TR I'm guessing you didn't notice or didn't get a picture of the trash cans. Hopefully they're still there.

559320_4023096307271_1758201556_n_zps5f1

Looking forward to the rest of Memphis. I wish we'd known about that restaurant. Great idea to ask the real people where to eat. 

We went to Graceland as kids. I remember some of it. We saw the Peabody ducks, I remember a few of the rooms in his house and seeing his airplane (I think? Could we have?).

I also remember something with the Mississippi River, like a small one that ran along side it. So that you could see how it's shaped. Need to ask mom about that.

You need to go back. Memphis is neat town.

There are two airplanes at Graceland.

I'll be posting pictures of it later in this TR.

That BBQ place will go on my list of places to go when I visit Memphis.

"It was awesome."

My oldest daughter went to visit my Memphis sister last year, and they went to a place famous for its fried chicken. I need to go there too.

"I bet it was Gus's world famous chicken. I really wanted to go there but it didn't work out this trip. "

I am guessing that thing in the plastic cup is the deviled egg? What the heck did they do to it? I've never seen a deviled egg like that.

"The deviled egg is sitting on top of some cole slaw and next to a peppercini pepper. Here's a close up"

0a5efa9d-35a4-41b6-8522-c122dd32d74d_zps

Brunswick Stew is not an unusual thing in Florida. Sonny's BBQ, which is a big chain here, has it on the menu. I've tried it, but there are too many other things I like on the menu, so it's not something I eat very often.

"I've never had it before. It was quite tasty. "

Did you tell us who all those people are with you at Graceland? Your family? Your wife's? Strangers you met there?

"Where are my manners. Starting from the left. "

image_zps4034c5fb.jpg

" BIL, me, DW, niece, niece, DD,niece, nephew, niece, niece, niece, nephew, and FIL in the black hat"

TCD

When we went to Memphis in 2012 we drove across this bridge and then back so my kids could say they had been to Arkansas. Only other time I've been to Arkansas was when my DH and I did the same thing about 20 years ago. 

Since you've passed through the ticket building in your TR I'm guessing you didn't notice or didn't get a picture of the trash cans. Hopefully they're still there.

559320_4023096307271_1758201556_n_zps5f1

Looking forward to the rest of Memphis. I wish we'd known about that restaurant. Great idea to ask the real people where to eat.

If that's all you saw of Arkansas you've seen it all. Lol

Actually is a very pretty state.

I love the trash cans. I didn't see them so I couldn't tell you if they're still there.

If you oh back yo Memphis you've got to eat there. It's better than the rendezvous BBQ restaurant downtown.

Ok let's go inside of Graceland. When your waiting to get on the shuttle bus to take you across the street to the house they give you headphones to listen to the audio tour. It guides you through the house and gives you interesting facts and stories about Elvis and Graceland.

As you enter the front door you look left onto the living room and the piano room. This is what you'll see.

image_zpsfad0a3ae.jpg

To the left, in the living room, there's this wonderful painting.

image_zps9e87c852.jpg

You the walk past these stairs to Elvis's parents room. (They don't let you go upstairs as it is still used by Lisa Marie and her family). Thats my hot DW with the cool audio tour headphones on.

image_zps52a5af12.jpg

Elvis's parents room and bathroom. They loved purple. Wonder if they liked camping?

image_zpsc5634631.jpg

image_zps1dc2330c.jpg