Transportation things that I didn't know about.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

So I received my 10 day you've chosen a great place to stay email and instead of ignoring I decided to read through paying attention. Correct me if I am wrong but unless there is a special circumstance there is no regular Bus transport to MK

RESORT TRANSPORTATION
From your Resort, you can take a bus or water launch to Magic Kingdom® Park. Bus transportation is available to access the other Theme Parks, Water Parks and the Downtown Disney® area. Complimentary transportation is available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2 a.m. from the Downtown Disney area.

So I received my 10 day you've chosen a great place to stay email and instead of ignoring I decided to read through paying attention. Correct me if I am wrong but unless there is a special circumstance there is no regular Bus transport to MK

Unless the boats are not operating, there is no direct bus service to MK. However, and as most regulars know, you can take the bus to the WL and the MK bus from there.

But that's not all that's incorrect on that message.

Buses start appearing at the resorts at about 6:45am in order to accommodate breakfast ADRs, but they are not specifically breakfast buses.

Buses also operate at the parks until the park it is clear of all guests, which can be over an hour at some parks.

Unless the boats are not operating, there is no direct bus service to MK. However, and as most regulars know, you can take the bus to the WL and the MK bus from there.

But that's not all that's incorrect on that message.

Buses start appearing at the resorts at about 6:45am in order to accommodate breakfast ADRs, but they are not specifically breakfast buses.

Buses also operate at the parks until the park it is clear of all guests, which can be over an hour at some parks.

True definitely some mistakes in that. Anyone want me to post the whole things so we can tear it apart?

Here's the question.

Scheduled a lunch at WL. Should we walk or take the boat?

And here are the answers from the Fort experts.

1. The resort boat may be a little faster depending on how you walk and which direction the boat is going. Either way is nice and probably work out to about the same time depending on how fast you walk.

I'd probably walk over and take the boat back... just to mix it up a little.

2. Do you have bikes?

Uhh, do those experts not know about a bus to the WL?

Here's the question.

1. The resort boat may be a little faster depending on how you walk and which direction the boat is going. Either way is nice and probably work out to about the same time depending on how fast you walk.

2. Do you have bikes?

I hope you are using "experts" rather loosely. :rofl2: And the biggest majority do not.

We took our bikes last time and the cast member in the front of the lodge couldn't figure out where we could leave them. She ended up hiding them in a corner where she could watch them.

There should be a place where they have their bike rental.

Here's the question.

2. Do you have bikes?

Jeez.  Has anyone actually done that walk?  I have.  It's a long walk.  Not something I would want to do at lunchtime in the summer.

Absolutely.  There's a bike rack back by the DVC pool.  The best way to bike it to WL is to come in along the path that parallels Bay Lake- then you will arrive right at the bike racks.

TCD

We took our bikes last time and the cast member in the front of the lodge couldn't figure out where we could leave them. She ended up hiding them in a corner where she could watch them.

I've never noticed a bike rack at the front of the WL, but you're right, there has to be one at the lodge's bike rental location.

It's a little bit of a hike to the main building though.

I've never noticed a bike rack at the front of the WL, but you're right, there has to be one at the lodge's bike rental location.

It's a little bit of a hike to the main building though.

This is the WL bike rack back past the DVC pool, near the bike rental location:

089.jpg

You are correct that it's a bit of walk from there to the lobby.

We have locked our bikes up closer to the DVC entrance before, and I've seen others do so as well.  You can get them under cover that way.  I've only done that if we're there for a quick visit.

TCD

I'm sure this question has been asked, but I'm being lazy...

I'm looking at getting a tent site July 10-15 for myself. I'm not doing it for the pleasure of tenting in FL in July. ;) I'm doing it to go as cheap as possible and save on hotel and rental car fees. I've got another trip at the end of July to make to pick my DD up from DCP. (Traveling from MI is $$$$$!)

How early do busses from FW run to go to DTD? (I have an 8am workshop to attend at the Hilton on the 12 and 13th) Do they run that early?

PS- Lou, this means we'll have two opportunities to meet. :)

TCD, I'll remember to mention FF to every stranger I encounter. ;)

How early do busses from FW run to go to DTD? (I have an 8am workshop to attend at the Hilton on the 12 and 13th) Do they run that early?

PS- Lou, this means we'll have two opportunities to meet.

I would not depend on a bus to DTD that early. You may or may not be waiting a long time.

It's hit or miss because even the DTD buses are busy bringing people to the parks.

If you have a car, drive yourself or take a cab.

If we meet, it won't be on the buses. My last day as a bus driver will be tomorrow night.

Settlement has a bus to WL. And if my failing memory today is correct it is Purple line.

Alzheimers...:rofl3: Yellow and it changes to Wilderness Lodge when it arrives at the Settlement and then back to Yellow when it returns from the lodge.