• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please tell your son we don't care whether he's in his chair or not.  It's just such a blessing to meet the people we have been praying for!

http://www.abc2news.com/news/region/baltimore-city/florida-boy-with-rare-condition-gets-help-at-hopkins http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/acreage-10-year-olds-medical

And we will give him lots and lots of candy :)

Thank you. He still has medical issues, but were hoping one big hurdle is over. Really hoping we can get rid of the wheelchair. When we were leaving Baltimore the lead surgeon on the team said you might be able to throw that wheelchair away in a couple months. Our son looked at him and said no I want to give it to a kid that can't afford one. So that's our goal in January if the doctor signs off on everything. Give it to a kid in my zone.

Wow, I agree…..he sounds like quite a remarkable young man!  I hope you get to camp for fun again soon.

And, I am late to this thread - and obviously you no longer need a CG recommendation for the Baltimore area - but I have stayed at both Cherry Hill and Ramblin' Pines.  (I think I posted photos of Ramblin' on the "Photos of other campgrounds" thread).

Anyway - my two cents on those places is:  Cherry Hill - great place to camp if visiting DC and/or Baltimore.  Tight sites, but as Dave said, good amenities and it is well run.  Ramblin' Pines - I will never return.  Very rude staff/management, extra fees for all of the stuff they have for kids (putt putt, jumping pillow), no cable, no wifi (they say they have it but it's non-existent), and no cell coverage - it's the middle of nowhere.  Roads leading into it are a nightmare with any substantial sized RV.  No stores or gas for many miles.  It is very beautiful countryside, and is good if you want to escape and unplug.  But that's about it.

Thanks for the recommendation. We still might use them. We have to return to Baltimore every six months for now, and the foreseeable future. So we might just actually camp there for some of these

I live just south of Baltimore and I've frequented Hopkins a fair amount, feel free to reach out to me if you need anything.

Thank you. He still has medical issues, but were hoping one big hurdle is over. Really hoping we can get rid of the wheelchair. When we were leaving Baltimore the lead surgeon on the team said you might be able to throw that wheelchair away in a couple months. Our son looked at him and said no I want to give it to a kid that can't afford one. So that's our goal in January if the doctor signs off on everything. Give it to a kid in my zone.

Love that!

• 7 months later...

So it would be our luck. Our son regressed and we had to return to baltimore. We have been here here months. Now the riots break out. Good luck to all of us who are in Baltimore. We are two blocks from Camden yards

So it would be our luck. Our son regressed and we had to return to baltimore. We have been here here months. Now the riots break out. Good luck to all of us who are in Baltimore. We are two blocks from Camden yards

Omg! I'm so sorry to hear about your son. He has been in my daily prayers. Please be safe. God bless.

I'm so sorry to hear that. We will be praying for your son and the current situation.

I am so sorry to hear that your son regressed.  I will be praying for his heath and for your safety.

I was so sorry to read your update.  Praying for healing, strength, peace and protection.  Please check in from time to time... when you are able.

Just saw this thread - hoping that things improve soon.  I hate to hear of kids being sick.  Don't like to hear of anyone being sick, but especially kids.  Wishing the best for him and your family, hope he is up to 100% soon and able to do anything he wants.