If you're one of the many knuckleheads that think you own the roads at the Fort while you're looping around in your kiddy cart, read the official published policy below.

"Larger vehicles have “right of way”.

Carts must yield to larger vehicles.

Keep to the right on roadways to allow larger vehicles to pass"

That means that if I'm behind you while you're going 10mph, pull over and let me by, that's the rule. And don't give me any lip or evil eye when I do pass you anyway. I don't care, you're wrong.

If you think I'm shaking in my boots because you took out your stupid smart phone, that BTW is much smarter than you'll ever be, moron, and take a photo of the rear of my car, think again.

Good luck making your case with that photo. What, you think they'll put out an APB to find me at the Fort?

I passed a guy one day and he started yelling and pointing to the double yellow. When we got to the 4 way I waited for him, got out walked back and "Said read the cart rules, I'm allowed to pass and your supposed to pull over". Got back in the truck and left.<br />

I passed a guy one day and he started yelling and pointing to the double yellow. When we got to the 4 way I waited for him, got out walked back and "Said read the cart rules, I'm allowed to pass and your supposed to pull over". Got back in the truck and left.<br />

I have a copy of the published GC rules in my car, and if I come across that same idiot, I'll show them to him.

Our cart goes over the speed limit at the fort, but we still pull over for buses and faster cars.  We're one of the smallest vehicles on the road, so why not play it safe?

Why?  For the same reason that bicyclists demand the entire lane here in Iowa.  "I have a right to be on the road, so you need to make way for me!"

While they play chicken with a 2 ton truck. 

Great post, Lou.

Those are the same idiots who don't stop while the buses are loading and unloading, and almost run guests over.  And, then they'll be in front of the bus driving slow and holding up traffic.  Classic.

One thing that really bugs me is that FW CM's are among the biggest offenders.  I know if some CM pulls out of the maintenance area on a golf cart in front of me that I'm going to have a long, slow drive into the Fort.

TCD

Great post, Lou.

Those are the same idiots who don't stop while the buses are loading and unloading, and almost run guests over.  And, then they'll be in front of the bus driving slow and holding up traffic.  Classic.

One thing that really bugs me is that FW CM's are among the biggest offenders.  I know if some CM pulls out of the maintenance area on a golf cart in front of me that I'm going to have a long, slow drive into the Fort.

TCD

Good point.  Wonder if pulling over, applies to the pony cart as well.  The CM who was exercising the ponies (not the friendliest of gals, BTW)...mercy that thing moves slow. Which I get, I mean, they are ponies...but I finally went around them in my cart.  And even though I understand that you can't actually "pull a wagon over", maybe she could try and not drive it in the middle of the road? Heck, you know the wagon is going slow when a golf cart looks like a race car passing it :)   

If you think I'm shaking in my boots because you took out your stupid smart phone, that BTW is much smarter than you'll ever be, moron, and take a photo of the rear of my car, think again.

Good luck making your case with that photo. What, you think they'll put out an APB to find me at the Fort?

It would be great if when they go up front to show the picture the CM took there cart for using cell phone while driving.  Never happen but would be funny.    

Sorry to dash your dreams of becoming a millionaire, Leon, but I think they already have something that would work, a snow plow,

Oh well.  Back to the regular job for awhile then!

Farewell, dreams!  :flush2:

I pull up behind the damn carts and turn on my brights at night. Blind those urchins and the soccer mom in the back seat until they bitch enough at dad that he pulls over.