I'm ecstatic finally sensible signs

I know some of you may not like the change, but the Public Works guy in me is thrilled. Finally a little uniformity with the signs. This is long overdue.02f09c7c11b73b4f7c679a359052ec6a.jpg

Glad to see you two are at the Fort safe and sound.  Looking forward to following your posts.

What is sad is that this sign is needed at all.  Shouldn't that just be common sense!  Oh well hopefully it will keep someone from doing something stupid and dangerous.

Unfortunately, the idiots that would pass a loading/unloading bus, probably can't / wont read. Let's hope the common sense signs do have a positive influence. I appreciate the effort

I agree- the biggest violators are still going to blow past the buses.  But, these signs may help with the clueless folks who don't notice the old signs, which do blend in with the surroundings.

I saw a sign on one of the buses saying never walk in front of a stopped bus. It was up with the ads over the seats.

Interesting.  I do not recall seeing a sign like this, and in my experience, the buses stop in front of the crosswalks and encourage guests to walk in front of the bus.  I've seen this done at the 900/1000 bus stop across from the Meadow Trading Post and the 1500 loop bus stop.

TCD

I passed an almost identical sign on my way to work this morning in Clermont, FL.  It was near a school bus stop, and the only difference was the stop sign was attached to the school bus, and the bus was obviously a school bus.  Maybe they are making a universal graphical change since obviously more and more people refuse to read signs.

I agree- the biggest violators are still going to blow past the buses.  But, these signs may help with the clueless folks who don't notice the old signs, which do blend in with the surroundings.

Interesting.  I do not recall seeing a sign like this, and in my experience, the buses stop in front of the crosswalks and encourage guests to walk in front of the bus.  I've seen this done at the 900/1000 bus stop across from the Meadow Trading Post and the 1500 loop bus stop.

TCD

I'm betting it was one of the Timon and Puumba "safety" signs they have up there.

I passed an almost identical sign on my way to work this morning in Clermont, FL.  It was near a school bus stop, and the only difference was the stop sign was attached to the school bus, and the bus was obviously a school bus.  Maybe they are making a universal graphical change since obviously more and more people refuse to read signs.

They have. I know DISNEY is finally starting to follow FLDOT and the Uniform Manual of Traffic Control Devices which has had some major changes in the last few years.

I saw a sign on one of the buses saying never walk in front of a stopped bus. It was up with the ads over the seats.

I noticed that sign also.  After I had walked in front of the bus the ride before.   Did stop at edge of bus and take a good look towards back checking for miscreants.  If a long line of cars, GCs etc. form behind the bus, are we supposed to let the bus go on and wait for them to pass or cross in front of the stopped bus?  Seemed to me to use bus as a barrier was a good idea?

I agree with using the bus as a buffer to cross the street.  I haven't seen the sign that says not to.  We also peer around the edge of the bus to make sure traffic is stopped in both directions.  And the driver is usually delayed in taking off by closing the ramp at the rear, so we have some time.

Now they need to put up "Do Not Skate Board on the Road" signs.  I followed a teenager skateboarding on Big Pine Drive this evening from before the 1500 loop into the the 1400 loop.  

Now they need to put up "Do Not Skate Board on the Road" signs.  I followed a teenager skateboarding on Big Pine Drive this evening from before the 1500 loop into the the 1400 loop.  

Well that one should be a no brainer, as skateboards aren't allowed at the Fort AT ALL...

GolfCartRules-1012b.jpg

Well that one should be a no brainer, as skateboards aren't allowed at the Fort AT ALL...

No brainer would be an apt description of the kid. At least he wasn't exceeding the 20 mph speed limit. :lol:

The CG police was just driving through the loop & caught the skate boarder in front of our site.  They had about a 2 or 3 minute conversation. The kid didn't look very happy afterwards. 

The CG police was just driving through the loop & caught the skate boarder in front of our site.  They had about a 2 or 3 minute conversation. The kid didn't look very happy afterwards. 

I blame the parents for that one. My son skateboards but he knows most parks don't allow it so his board usually doesn't come with us when we camp unless we are planning on taking him to a skatepark. And when we go to Disney the board stays home, no need for it since they aren't allowed. 

Yes, the parents are to blame, but so is Disney PoPo. Look how lax they are about rule enforcement. If they got serious about the rules they have and started enforcing them at all, then the parents would probably be more prone to obey them.