An EGG-cellent Weekend at Stone Mountain

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, let’s keep this short report rolling. We were enjoying the beautiful day…     And we started talking to our neighbor, Chris. Chris and his family were here for Eggtoberfest too. It was their firs

So now that I have finally joined the Fiends and since everyone is watching (no pressure) I will make my first post. It sort of feels like taking the protective covering off your new smart phone!   In

So let me get this straight.  You let some crazy lady you just met....at a campground of all places.....talk you into joining some internet group of people obsessed with a mouse?  You took advice from

I'm in!  Wouldn't trade my BGE for anything!

Another egghead! You need to post on the BGE pood forn thread. 

I'm here now.  And there are still a couple of page one spots remaining.

Actually, make that one page one spot remaining.

oops.jpg

You had me worried. I'm glad you're OK. 

I thought you had turned over a new leaf?

Never. 

No new leaves until it is no longer Dave's fault.

That will never happen. 

Count me in as well.

Yay! 

Just remember  "the first shall be last" ...

Uh oh...

I'm in. I love me some BGE pood forn!

Some is coming in the next update! 

Dave prefers vines....

I promise this report is vine free. 

OK, let’s keep this short report rolling. We were enjoying the beautiful day…

IMG_9469.jpg

And we started talking to our neighbor, Chris. Chris and his family were here for Eggtoberfest too. It was their first time attending, like us. But this event was super exciting for them because they were buying their BGE from the festival. See, the festival sells the eggs that the cooks use during the event. You can save some serious cash by buying a demo egg. It’s a big deal, and you have to register in advance to purchase one.

Chris was a cool guy, and we started talking some more. Guess what? His wife was drinking out of a Disney glass… hmmm….. This family is getting cooler by the minute. It turns out that they’re Disney nuts, AND they love camping at the Fort. So I asked him if he ever visited Fort Fiends. He had! In fact, once I told him my screen name, he said he’d read my Topsail TR because he and his family went there this year. I told him I’d be writing a mini TR about this trip, and I’d call him out specifically. He promised me he’d come out of lurkdome and post!

So Chris… this is your time to shine! Don’t make me a liar. I’m expecting a comment from you. Really.

We chatted some more and told Chris Jason would give him an Egg lesson since we were cooking on it that night.

It’s about to smell good at the campsite.

IMG_9470.jpg

Z decorated with his pumpkins.

IMG_9472.jpg

A little Dawg touch.

IMG_9473.jpg

Z started playing with kids at the playground. Having it right next to our site was AMAZING!!! (I wonder if the Troll is reading.)

IMG_9474.jpg

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg

Garlic parmesan wings… this is one of Jason’s go-to recipes.

IMG_9480.jpg

And tots!

IMG_9481.jpg

We’re nice campers, so we shared with Chris and his family. They liked them too.

After eating, we enjoyed the campfire and got ready to stuff our faces the next day. Z played with the campground kids until he was sooooo tired he fell asleep in my arms. He slept well that night.

IMG_9479.jpg

Chris had been on one of the Egg forums and told us that he’d heard it’s important to get there early. We planned to take that advice. So up next, we head to Eggtoberfest. 

So now that I have finally joined the Fiends and since everyone is watching (no pressure) I will make my first post. It sort of feels like taking the protective covering off your new smart phone!

In my defense I am not sure if I was "recruited" or "forced" to join since GDF called me out in such a public forum as this, but either way it is all good since I have been a lurker here for a while. Of course that is how I found the TR for Topsail since we went there this past summer.

As GDF has shared with you we happened to be neighbors this weekend at Stone Mountain Eggtoberfest, but never expected to meet another Disney fan there as well. We had a great time at the festival eating all the food cooked on the Big Green Egg and of course picking up our first Big Green Egg. Wow 2 first in 3 days I am not sure what to think. GDF and her family were great and I appreciate them sharing their Eggsperience with me and for chatting of course about the Fort. I picked up many good tips on how to cook on the egg and must say that the wings were delcious. None at the festival were as good as what they cooked. Also my daughter is a huge Dawg fan so the plate did not bother us.

We picked up our egg on Saturday evening and drove home to NW Georgia on Sunday. That night I fired it up to test it out and to start learning how to cook on the thing. Did some ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Terds or better know as Stuffed Jalepeno Peppers) and beef kabobs. The egg really gives the food a much better flavor than cooking on a gas grill. On Monday night we fixed chicken and corn on the cob. Looking forward to all the things we can fix on the egg.

In addition to the egg we do LOVE Disney and have stayed at the Fort several times since we started camping in 2011. We will actually be there the week of Thanksgiving and can't wait.

I look forward to more conversations with the Fiends and am glad to be part of the group. Thanks for letting me join. Since I am new to the Fiends I am having a little trouble posting my Pood Forn. WIll research this and will post some soon.

In my defense I am not sure if I was "recruited" or "forced" to join since GDF called me out in such a public forum as this, but either way it is all good since I have been a lurker here for a while.

So let me get this straight.  You let some crazy lady you just met....at a campground of all places.....talk you into joining some internet group of people obsessed with a mouse?  You took advice from a woman whose wardrobe consists of only TWO colors, who cooks on a ceramic egg and who spends all of her free time planning every detail on how to get up at the crack of midnight and take a bus to a theme park before it even opens for the day, just to get to ride a 45 second attraction with only a 10 minute wait (not to mention the fact that she drags her poor husband through this hell on at least a semi-annual basis)? 

Buddy, I'm glad you are here, don't get me wrong.  But your judgement is really questionable.  However, you seem like a nice guy, so I'm going to help you out.  From here on, please don't take advice from Kelly.  She's always wrong.  Listen to me.  I have impeccable decision making abilities, and will always give you good advice, regardless of what others will tell you. 

DaveInTN - Yes I did take advice from a fellow camper who is obsessed with a mouse.  The truth is I love the mouse as well, but just have not been a fiend.  I know I should be more careful in the future since talking to strangers can lead to bad things, but she seemed nice!  I am sure you will never steer me wrong correct?  I can already tell by your post that I need to trust no one.  Just kidding.

As for getting to the park before it opens I too plan our days so I do not have to fight the crowds and wait in line.  I can see this will be a fun group to be a part of.

In addition to the egg we do LOVE Disney and have stayed at the Fort several times since we started camping in 2011. We will actually be there the week of Thanksgiving and can't wait.

Welcome Weekender!  Thanks for joining!

We'll also be at the Fort over Thanksgiving!

WBI