Sorcerer's Hat leaving the Studios?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hat is not cool......but its not as bad as the pink birthday cake castle. Let's keep things in perspective.

Teaser: the chinese theater may appear in all of it's original glory in my Back in Time TR.

I hear the earful tower opens at the top so rebel x-wing fighters can land in it

Inside the Magic is posting some new pics to FB...

Inside the Magic

Liked · 16 mins ·

An update on the Sorcerer Hat at Disney's Hollywood Studios: Golden swirls underneath the hat are being removed, slowly. New artwork on the walls surrounding it. Seems like it will be dismantled little by little.

10906441_10152504798577035_5603406866181

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic/photos/a.391990882034.180401.10300702034/10152504798577035/?type=1&theater

This might some like a dumb question but why do you think Disney got rid of the hat. Whether you liked it or not it was the icon most people associated with DHS. Maybe not us die hard fans.

And no it SMB doesn't count as an answer.

Good question!  I can't really think of a particular reason but I've seen speculation that it was only ever supposed to be a temporary thing.  If that's true, no idea why it took them more than a decade to remove something "temporary" - but then again... Disney.  8)

Good question! I can't really think of a particular reason but I've seen speculation that it was only ever supposed to be a temporary thing. If that's true, no idea why it took them more than a decade to remove something "temporary" - but then again... Disney. 8)

Well clearly they follow DH's definition of "temporary".

When he graduated from college in 1989 he got a job offer in Maryland. It was only going to be a "temporary" move according to him and he would then go back to Nebraska. 12 years, a wife and 2 children later he did leave from that "temporary" spot and though he didn't get to Nebraska he did get within driving distance. So this would just be another "temporary" stop in Alabama. 13 and a half years and one child later we are still here.

*************************BREAKING NEWS UPDATE****************

I have it from a reliable source that DHS is closing at 6pm on 1-26-15 for a private event.

In order to set up the temporary DJ stage for the event, the BAH needs to be removed by 1-25-15.

There will be special fireworks over the Great Movie Ride/Chinese theater at 1030pm during this private event.

This has been a FFNN Special Report.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

*************************BREAKING NEWS UPDATE****************

I have it from a reliable source that DHS is closing at 6pm on 1-26-15 for a private event.

In order to set up the temporary DJ stage for the event, the BAH needs to be removed by 1-25-15.

There will be special fireworks over the Great Movie Ride/Chinese theater at 1030pm during this private event.

This has been a FFNN Special Report.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Interesting! 

I took some pictures today but they don't seem to want to upload to my photo site, modem is pulling a very week connection tonight.  I will comment that it looks to me that they are taking their time with this, so maybe you will see it at some point somewhere else.  I have seen some rides literally ripped apart before and scraped.  Even though this is not a ride, same idea here, it would be gone already.

Thanks for the photo, Kelly!

Alright, time for me to spill it. 1/26 is Adam's birthday, his lego themed
Party is a cover for his party at DHS. Hahahaaaa

I KNEW IT!!  :ROFL2:

I took some pictures today but they don't seem to want to upload to my photo site, modem is pulling a very week connection tonight.  I will comment that it looks to me that they are taking their time with this, so maybe you will see it at some point somewhere else.  I have seen some rides literally ripped apart before and scraped.  Even though this is not a ride, same idea here, it would be gone already.

Thanks for sharing.  Looking forward to the pics when you're able.