Sorcerer's Hat leaving the Studios?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hat is not cool......but its not as bad as the pink birthday cake castle. Let's keep things in perspective.

Teaser: the chinese theater may appear in all of it's original glory in my Back in Time TR.

I hear the earful tower opens at the top so rebel x-wing fighters can land in it

So confirming my thought that we need to make FrIENDS with someone in Merchandising... I just noticed that the fleece "gift with purchase" blanket that I bought last year, well before it was confirmed the hat was coming down, had the Earful Tower on it and not the hat..

It's this one...

29016.jpg

As opposed to this one from the year before...

qdzvcd01mxv61ap6nnlkmapsqva8qjxmduwhudw7

So confirming my thought that we need to make FrIENDS with someone in Merchandising... I just noticed that the fleece "gift with purchase" blanket that I bought last year, well before it was confirmed the hat was coming down, had the Earful Tower on it and not the hat..

It's this one...

29016.jpg

we have both of these and I didn't catch that. Good catch.

It's this one...

29016.jpg

Interesting........

It's this one...

29016.jpg

We bought my DD a 2014 magnet last Christmas/New Years trip (Christmas 2013/ New Year's Day 2014) and it had the earful tower on it. They've been planning this for a while now.

I'll have to take a picture of it and post it.

We bought my DD a 2014 magnet last Christmas/New Years trip (Christmas 2013/ New Year's Day 2014) and it had the earful tower on it. They've been planning this for a while now.

I'll have to take a picture of it and post it.

I know I'll be paying a lot closer attention to merchandise from now on. 

We were at DHS on Monday and yes the thing is still there, but is alot less than it was.  The funny thing is all the Disney Photgraphers are not allowed to take pictures facing towards the construction zone now so they take them facing back towards the entrance to the park.  We asked one fo them to take our picture and he said they were not allowed.  Very protective of Disney to make sure they do not give you "bad pictures". 

As for all the construction while it is an eye sore I am actually very glad to see it happening as it is long overdue.  Once all the updates are done they need to move on to Pirates of the Carribean.  It was down most of the first part of the week.  Also something happened with the Astor Orbiter area on Tuesday as both the Astro Orbiters and the Tommorowland Transit - aka Wedway People Mover along with the snack bar right there were down all day.

We asked one fo them to take our picture and he said they were not allowed.  Very protective of Disney to make sure they do not give you "bad pictures".

Very interesting! 

...something happened with the Astor Orbiter area on Tuesday as both the Astro Orbiters and the Tommorowland Transit - aka Wedway People Mover along with the snack bar right there were down all day.

Hmmm... power issue??