Sorcerer's Hat leaving the Studios?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hat is not cool......but its not as bad as the pink birthday cake castle. Let's keep things in perspective.

Teaser: the chinese theater may appear in all of it's original glory in my Back in Time TR.

I hear the earful tower opens at the top so rebel x-wing fighters can land in it

But they are cutting it in a very specific manner. Like a puzzle. Maybe so they can easily piece it back together in a short manner of time.

Hmmm... very interesting!

Or, they may do this.....

When Rick bought these, the display said they were made from materials leftover from refurbs/ buildings that were torn down in the parks.

20150207_083309_resized.jpg

I could definitely see something like this coming out after all is said and done.  The hat was an icon for a really long time. And...

Merchandising!! :)

Photos from yesterday posted to Twitter...

https://twitter.com/Kryptonlogic/status/564858381278527488?s=09

Given how long this is taking (certainly a whole lot longer than I expected), I don't know how anyone ever thought the hat would be gone in time for the special event 2 weeks ago.

Get ready for construction "as far as the eye can see..."

Not only the crane and the hat, but the central plaza is boarded up all around, including the Walt and Mickey statue, construction on Main Street, the dinning room in the castle, the central section of AK, and the least noticeable, Maelstrom boarded up.

MK%20%28360%29-XL.jpg

Not only the crane and the hat, but the central plaza is boarded up all around, including the Walt and Mickey statue, construction on Main Street, the dinning room in the castle, the central section of AK, and the least noticeable, Maelstrom boarded up.

MK%20%28360%29-XL.jpg

Some of the HUB started opening up the other day. I saw some pictures from Crystal Palace end but they were at night and I couldnt make out as much detail. Nice view of the castle and fireworks though in the pics. 

Yup.  Even though they just took down some of the walls, AK is still a huge construction zone.  Guests arriving via bus are treated to an unblocked view of the infrastructure construction of Avatarland.  Both sides of the walkway leading toward the Tree of Life are bordered by construction walls, you are greeted by barricades at the former Camp Minnie MIckey entrance,  and the whole area around Expedition Everest is torn up.

TCD

Not quite gone yet...

Page Liked · 59 mins · Edited ·

Today's progress on the Sorcerer Hat deconstruction at Hollywood Studios, almost completely gone now.
10991075_10152574988202035_3822699417821

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic/photos/a.10151112869402035.433696.10300702034/10152574988202035/?type=1&theater