Sorcerer's Hat leaving the Studios?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hat is not cool......but its not as bad as the pink birthday cake castle. Let's keep things in perspective.

Teaser: the chinese theater may appear in all of it's original glory in my Back in Time TR.

I hear the earful tower opens at the top so rebel x-wing fighters can land in it

All the talk about removing the Sorcerer's Hat and changing the view in a park has reminded me of a favorite view that I always liked in Epcot that was changed over the years.

February%201987%20Space%20Station%20Eart

This picture is a scan of a slide that I took at Epcot in 1987.  The picture was taken at twilight without a tripod, so it could be a little clearer, but I am wondering if anyone remembers that lighted glass prism in the foreground.  I always really liked that view, it really looked good viewing back toward Spaceship Earth.  Anyone know about when it was removed?

All the talk about removing the Sorcerer's Hat and changing the view in a park has reminded me of a favorite view that I always liked in Epcot that was changed over the years.

This picture is a scan of a slide that I took at Epcot in 1987. The picture was taken at twilight without a tripod, so it could be a little clearer, but I am wondering if anyone remembers that lighted glass prism in the foreground. I always really liked that view, it really looked good viewing back toward Spaceship Earth. Anyone know about when it was removed?

It was removed in 98/99 as they got ready for the Millennium celebration, and the monoliths for the picture tiles were added.

Oops, wrong prism. I don't remember that one either. The one I'm thinking if was in the middle of the front fountain in the entrance plaza

The party is for Sherwin-Williams

This may have some teeth. When I arrived at MCO today, saw hundreds of folks in Sherwin-Williams, jackets, shirts, and lots of greeters directing the Sherwin Williams folks to special buses down near the DME busses on B side.

This may have some teeth. When I arrived at MCO today, saw hundreds of folks in Sherwin-Williams, jackets, shirts, and lots of greeters directing the Sherwin Williams folks to special buses down near the DME busses on B side.

Carol, the game is disagree with Aaron... You're not helping.

This picture is a scan of a slide that I took at Epcot in 1987.  The picture was taken at twilight without a tripod, so it could be a little clearer, but I am wondering if anyone remembers that lighted glass prism in the foreground.  I always really liked that view, it really looked good viewing back toward Spaceship Earth.  Anyone know about when it was removed?

Very cool photo.

There have been a lot of changes on that side of Spaceship Earth.  I like how it used to look better.

TCD

Posted on FB today by InsideTheMagic...

10941903_10152534505647035_6784051271731

Page Liked · 6 hrs ·

Todays look at the removal of the Sorcerer Hat at Hollywood Studios.

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic/photos/a.10151112869402035.433696.10300702034/10152534505647035/?type=1&theater