We were at the MK a few weekends ago and for the first time decided to go to the tiki room. I will apologize ahead of time for my comments but this attraction was terrible. I Know it's a classic like COP but I can't even see it being cool in the 60's and 70's. The only thing I can say about it is that is has to be a good place to cool off in the summer and I guess it has a catchy tune that sticks in your head. I can't imagine how must dust must be on that stone age animatronic stuff.

I well, I knew I would catch slack for my opinions and due to my negativity. I do believe what makes Disney magical is the nostalgic things. If you wanted more thrill then you would be at universal instead of Disney. I love COP. It's somethingwalt was proud of and actually I'm surprised the Disney GM's of today's world still have it. As far as the tiki room, I understand the importance of it also and it was an animatronics marvel for is time. I guess I just didn't like it. Plain and simple. Too bad nostalgic couldn't have been more important at the fort or we would still have the railroad as Walt wanted it

Am I the only one who opened this thread hearing in their head...

In the tiki tiki tiki room

Over and over and over again

Same here   :D             I think the Tiki Room is one of those things that if you had seen it as a child, then your perception of it is always, at least partiallly, colored by your memories from then.  

Just like the COP, I try to see the Tiki Room once in awhile and I am always transported back to when I first saw it as a 5 or 6 year old and it was amazing and wonderful!   It is always a pleasant memory for me and I leave with an innocent smile   :D 

Same here :D I think the Tiki Room is one of those things that if you had seen it as a child, then your perception of it is always, at least partiallly, colored by your memories from then.

Just like the COP, I try to see the Tiki Room once in awhile and I am always transported back to when I first saw it as a 5 or 6 year old and it was amazing and wonderful! It is always a pleasant memory for me and I leave with an innocent smile :D

Yes, this! I actually had a real talking bird as a pet because of the Tiki Room!

I well, I knew I would catch slack for my opinions and due to my negativity. I do believe what makes Disney magical is the nostalgic things. If you wanted more thrill then you would be at universal instead of Disney. I love COP. It's somethingwalt was proud of and actually I'm surprised the Disney GM's of today's world still have it. As far as the tiki room, I understand the importance of it also and it was an animatronics marvel for is time. I guess I just didn't like it. Plain and simple. Too bad nostalgic couldn't have been more important at the fort or we would still have the railroad as Walt wanted it

Dave, you actually raised a valid point:  this attraction, like many at WDW, has been neglected and could be much better than it is.

In the past six months, I visited the Enchanted Tiki Room at the MK more than I had in all of my previous visits to WDW.  That's because one of my daughters was working there.  Even though a lot of folks on this thread say they like it, the fact of the matter is that very few guests take the time to visit.

In December, we had the opportunity to visit the Disneyland version of the attraction.  Disneyland's version is far superior.  The audio and lighting in the attraction is state of the art, and everything is clean and functions properly. Disneyland still has the inside fountain, which was removed from the MK version when the "Under New Management" version was introduced. That fountain adds a lot to the show.  Also, the Disneyland pre-show area features a bunch of animatronic Tiki gods, while the MK version has two talking birds with a painfully boring routine.  And, to top that, the Disneyland Dole Whip stand is right out front of this attraction, and guests are encouraged to buy a Dole Whip float to bring in to the show.

But, despite its flaws,  the TCD gang loves the Enchanted Tiki Room.  Check out Twin #1's shirt in this photo with a bunch of her DCP friends (she's third from the left) :

tiki%20room%20shirt_zps9lolk2ee.jpg

The Enchanted Tiki Room is one of only 14 attractions at WDW that remain from the opening day of the Magic Kingdom.  The Tiki Birds need to stay.

TCD

I can think of these

Space Mountain

COP

WEDWAY People Mover

Country Bears

Small World

Racetrack

Tree House

Jungle Cruise

Orbiter

Train

Hall of Presidents

Haunted Mansion

Tom Sawyers Island

PaddleWheel Boat

Pirates

Peter Pan

Dumbo

maybe I'm wrong on some of them being there on opening day....

Is the shooting gallery still there by Country Bears?