ImDownWithDisney

Metal Musket Mickey project

I started making a sign today. The sign will be 2 layers so the solid back piece can be painted a lighter color to make the darker brown front pop. Also made a custom pole to hang it on. I just have to finish welding it up and get to painting.

20170305_104121_zpspih3bdqp.jpg

20170305_143536_zpsynp2opuo.jpg

14 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I started making a sign today. The sign will be 2 layers so the solid back piece can be painted a lighter color to make the darker brown front pop. Also made a custom pole to hang it on. I just have to finish welding it up and get to painting.

20170305_104121_zpspih3bdqp.jpg

20170305_143536_zpsynp2opuo.jpg

I love it. And would love to have one. But maybe with my family name on it. Lol.  

10 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Very nice.  Is that Plasma cut or water jet? I could never get the TorchMate and Hypertherm 65 I use to be that precise on Mickey's tail.

Thanks.....LDR 5 x 10 table with a Hypertherm 85 running 45 amp fine cut consumables.

Uhh... Ohh.. Looks like that MGM (Hollywood) Studios water tower will just have to go... You need to do it over with a Chinese Theater.. (No Not A Sorcerers Hat).. Or just to be safe you may want to use a Millennium Falcon.

LOL.... Looks great..

10 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Turned out great.  Will you rivet or use some stainless screws to hold together?  On stuff like that I use the hammered rustoleum for a little extra detail. 

Thanks. I think that I will use some stainless hardware with .5" spacers between the pieces that will be painted to blend in a little better. You can't tell much in the pic, but the front piece has some sort of texture. I am not sure what my wife used on it.

Wow, that looks great Blake!  I like the 2 layered look...it really does make the primary layer pop.  I might have you make another sign for Christy at some point if you ever have time, and use that method.  The first one you made never did get hung outside by the road....she liked it so much it's inside the house!