• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

The welcome to Virginia sign.

Wow you must really want a hug from Lou! I am sure, if he read TRs, that he would be sooooo thrilled!

Love the road picture! I have a thing about those too. I've never gotten a good one.

I use the sports mode and my zoom lens for picture taking while driving. Honestly, I delete at least 20 of them every drive and very rarely get one my creative directer (DH) thinks is good enough for the blog.

Love the pictures, Nicki!! Now get some rest!

I am going... somewhere.. oh, bed....

That's going to a tough one not many places around there, you might have to go towards Jackson near Great Adventure, the best lookibg one looks like Butterfly Camping Resort. There are a couple of Fiends from the NJ area hopefully they will chime in.

Maybe a little late, We stayed at Butterfly a few yrs ago, not the greatest but not bad either, if I remember, they charge you extra if you check in early in the day and it was tight to get around in. Kathy didn't like it because the playground was out un the sun and had a metal slide. Also if I remember it was kinda easy to miss, the sign was small and in the weeds so if you miss it may take some time to get turned around and find it again.

Are you going to the Jellystone @ Quarryville Pa.? If you are in the Lancaster area a better choice would Old Mill Stream better rates and very nice folks running the place.

We stayed at the Quarryville Jellystone 2 summers ago and loved the place. Lots for our boys to do and the surrounding areas were just beautiful. Toured the amish areas and went to some of the RR museums. I think there is a price break if you stay 4 nights or more?

Every time we drive back home to Maryland I always have intentions of taking the Skyline Drive route. But then we get going and everyone just wants to get there so, we just stay on the Interstate. :(

Looking forward to reading all about the adventures that the rest of the gang had today while you enjoyed some much needed rest time.

Maybe a little late, We stayed at Butterfly a few yrs ago, not the greatest but not bad either, if I remember, they charge you extra if you check in early in the day and it was tight to get around in. Kathy didn't like it because the playground was out un the sun and had a metal slide. Also if I remember it was kinda easy to miss, the sign was small and in the weeds so if you miss it may take some time to get turned around and find it again.

We stayed at the Quarryville Jellystone 2 summers ago and loved the place. Lots for our boys to do and the surrounding areas were just beautiful. Toured the amish areas and went to some of the RR museums. I think there is a price break if you stay 4 nights or more?

They do offer a discount for something but I didn't bother to check. We have been in the Amish area before for Dutch Wonderland and took the historical train. Not sure what our plans are because we are only staying from Mon-Fri

Every time we drive back home to Maryland I always have intentions of taking the Skyline Drive route. But then we get going and everyone just wants to get there so, we just stay on the Interstate. :(

Looking forward to reading all about the adventures that the rest of the gang had today while you enjoyed some much needed rest time.

I am usually the go get there girl but not this time. We were so far ahead of schedule anyway....

Sorry, I haven't been on in a few days, but Turkey Swamp Park is about 20 miles away from Piscataway in Freehold, and has great reviews. It is a county park, with water and electric, but no sewer though. They do have a dump station and all sites are pull through. There isn't anything else really in the North Jersey area near there.

http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/Page.aspx?ID=2522

http://rvparkreviews.com/regions/New_Jersey/Freehold.html#CGID1824

I've actually have been wanting to get there and try it out myself.

Thanks, dblr for pointing the thread out to me.

Best Regards,

Norm

Sorry, I haven't been on in a few days, but Turkey Swamp Park is about 20 miles away from Piscataway in Freehold, and has great reviews. It is a county park, with water and electric, but no sewer though. They do have a dump station and all sites are pull through. There isn't anything else really in the North Jersey area near there.

http://www.monmouthc...ge.aspx?ID=2522

http://rvparkreviews...d.html#CGID1824

I've actually have been wanting to get there and try it out myself.

Thanks, dblr for pointing the thread out to me.

Best Regards,

Norm

Checking it out while I prep the next update -

Proving Grounds, Tanks & Light Houses

Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland-

I have to admit I took a pass on this one. Military hardware just doesn't interest little ol' me that much. So unfortunately I don't have much to say in this post. I can tell you that over half of what was here has already been relocated to a new home. I understand that most of these tanks were covertly procured during the cold war.

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

The shells for this 16 inch gun are taller than my 6'2 husband.

DSC_0014.JPG

Dave, Bob.... control yourselves. :rofl3:

DSC_0020.JPG

Now for the Lighthouse -

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

I'll have more to say in the next update.

Next Update - Axles, Forts, & Amish?

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of you, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill.

As usual, I'll take the high road and complement Nicki on her excellent TR.

(Let's see how many people give me up arrows for that self serving baloney.)