BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

In case no one has identified the bird yet, it is a chicken. Pretty sure.

Wasnt there supposed to be a Mo vs. the twins dole whip contest at some point during one of these last couple trips?

Yeah, we never quite sorted out the logistics of that. Somehow I never even got to make a Dole Whip at the Poly the entire time we were there!

However I did make up for that with copious amounts of DW Pineapple Floats at MK.

Thanks for the TR! I know I'm late but I really enjoyed it! I've learned a few things too! Such as I'd like to go to the Fort for New Years but not nessicarily the parks though it did look like you got a lot done on the 30th and well HS looked like my speed on the 31's. Being at the Fort with some feinds would be a whole lot more enjoytable! Just saying. I don't think I need to by an annual pass without the black out dates!

Thanks a lot! I"m going to make a reservation for New Years 2014!

I've been very bad in my commenting, but I have been reading.

I spent last New Year's eve in Epcot and I have to tell you the scene was very different. The night was very enjoyable and there was plenty of space to stand around world showcase. It looks like it was a very differencing this year. At least you had fun!

I have some ideas too.

Like making signs from the Fort pool directing the freeloaders to the Four Seasons.

Now that I know how to say fireworks in Spanish, that's going to come in handy communicating with the freeloaders!

TCD

I am seeing TCD twins handing out cards printed in a Disney font saying "Free Snacks at Four Seasons Lazy River" in englisha nd spanish with directions on how to get there. :))
I know that last line wasn't aimed at me, however, VIVA FUEGO! (need to remember that one for www.)

I wonder how people will react to that when we are screaming it on the train!?

So many things to comment on. I can't remember everything, so I'll just say...

Woo

Hoo.

And that your artistic skills were spot on the abomination. All those animation classes you've had at DHS are definitely paying off!!!

Thank you.

You are obviously a much better judge of fine art than Metal Dad.

I decided to switch from my phone to the computer... and my phone updates to the first unread... my computer does not.

That's odd.

My computer will show me the first unread post on each thread I have previously visited.

2. I know that last line wasn't aimed at me, however, VIVA FUEGO! (need to remember that one for www.)

The Fort will never be the same!

this is going back a few pages, and I'm too lazy to quote at the moment, but the bent Christmas tress might be a Whoville thing.

Hmmm.

You might be right about that.

They apparently are supposed to be bent.

I don't know why.

4.jpg

As any fireman will tell you, it's important to keep fuego in your life.

Now that is what I call FUEGO!

Nice photo!

I wish all my not from this land friends could have seen this.

In case no one has identified the bird yet, it is a chicken. Pretty sure.

Thanks.

That's a funny looking chicken.

This TR is en fuego.

Wasnt there supposed to be a Mo vs. the twins dole whip contest at some point during one of these last couple trips?

Yeah, we never quite sorted out the logistics of that. Somehow I never even got to make a Dole Whip at the Poly the entire time we were there!

However I did make up for that with copious amounts of DW Pineapple Floats at MK.

Yes, it was supposed to happen over Thanksgiving.

We were all on the go then, and it never happened.

One day it will.

Thanks for the TR! I know I'm late but I really enjoyed it! I've learned a few things too! Such as I'd like to go to the Fort for New Years but not nessicarily the parks though it did look like you got a lot done on the 30th and well HS looked like my speed on the 31's. Being at the Fort with some feinds would be a whole lot more enjoytable! Just saying. I don't think I need to by an annual pass without the black out dates!

Thanks a lot! I"m going to make a reservation for New Years 2014!

Thanks for posting.

And, hopefully I'll see you there!

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

crane-2.jpg

Hey!

I'll have you know that represents some of my best work.

But, I have to admit it does look kind of like a bounce house.

Too bad the real thing doesn't.

TCD

I've been very bad in my commenting, but I have been reading.

I spent last New Year's eve in Epcot and I have to tell you the scene was very different. The night was very enjoyable and there was plenty of space to stand around world showcase. It looks like it was a very differencing this year. At least you had fun!

Hey Brent!

Good to see a post from you!

We heard from several people how great Epcot is on NYE. All I can think of is that the mild weather and the fact that they closed the MK parking lot so early in the day drove the crowds to Epcot. There was definitely not plenty of space to stand around in World Showcase- it was packed from 10 pm on.

And despite my complaints, we did have fun. We have alredy made a plan of how we would do it differently if we ever go again.

I am seeing TCD twins handing out cards printed in a Disney font saying "Free Snacks at Four Seasons Lazy River" in englisha nd spanish with directions on how to get there. :))

Great idea.

I just thought of another great idea- I can provide a shuttle service from the Fort pool to El Lazy River.

It will be uno way only.

TCD

Moving on . . .

Our main purpose of heading to DHS today is that there was a special holiday show that was only going on for about two weeks. It was a Holiday Edition of the old improv comedy show they used to do at the Comedy Warehouse in Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney back when PI still existed.

It took us longer to get to DHS than we had planned, so we missed the show we had planned on attending. No big deal, there were others.

But we had some time to kill, and the park was really busy.

So that meant Animation Class.

The CM leading the class today was Heather. We have taken the class from her before, and the Twins knew how she operated.

Some CM's let the audience vote.

Others throw out a couple of options, and go with the first one that draws a big reation from the crowd.

Heather mentioned a character that Twin #1 wanted to draw, and Twin #1 made some noise.

With no further discussion, Heather said that's who we will be drawing.

See if you can tell who this is:

NYE2012413.jpg

NYE2012414.jpg

NYE2012415.jpg

Do you have any idea?

What Disney character is that?

It's Fix It Felix, Jr. from Wreck-It Ralph! :

NYE2012416.jpg

Let's see how we did:

Mine:

NYE2012417.jpg

Twin #1's:

NYE2012418.jpg

Twin #2's:

NYE2012419.jpg

It was a very warm afternoon, so we decided that we needed some frozen lemonade.

There was a stand outside of Starring Rolls, and we got some there, and ate it at one of the Starring Rolls tables.

I'm not sure what the sky-writer was doing, as we couldn't see everything up in the sky. Something about an Asian Smiley Face? :

NYE2012420.jpg

The comedy show was held in the Premier Theater.

Never heard of it?

I hadn't either until just recently.

Do you remember the old Pocahontas show they used to do at MGM? How about the Hunchback show? Remember that outdoor theater? That's where the Premier Theater is. Only, now it's enclosed. They use it for music performances for special events, and they also use it for guest appearances during Star Wars weekends.

This is the display we saw outside, near the entrance:

NYE2012421.jpg

The stage:

NYE2012422.jpg

Some stage decorations:

NYE2012427.jpg

A sign on the stage:

NYE2012428.jpg

One of the big video screens in the theater:

NYE2012429.jpg

The show went pretty quick.

Nothing fancy.

Four or five comics came out, and using props and audience suggestions, did a comedy show.

It was good, and I'd go again.

But, the theater was only about 3/4 full.

I think they did this same show last year. I'm not sure if it is something they will do every year. They really didn't do much to promote it.

One last shot of the stage with everything lit up:

NYE2012430.jpg

Having done what we came to do, and seeing how crowded the park was, we decided to head back to the Fort.

And that's what we did.

I had a lot of snacks and stuff that I had brought that we hadn't even touched, so we decided to hang around camp for a while and watch a little football and then head out for dinner later, like around 7. I had a crazy idea that we could try to wait standby for a table at Ohana. MK was open till 1, so we would head there after dinner.

Since we were hoping to be stuffed and tired on the way back, we decided to take a bus down to the marina rather than the bikes.

I hadn't noticed this letter posted in the 1500 loop bus stop, but here you go:

NYE2012431.jpg

I'm stil waiting for a bear sighting report.

At the marina, we found an MK boat loading, and no sign of a resort boat.

We decide that we would take the MK boat, and grab the resort monorail from there.

So we headed down the dock.

The CM motioned us to come on, as he was about to close off the line.

We jumped aboard, and headed in to the seating area.

We were greated by familiar faces on the first row of the boat.

It was DaveInTn's girls!

And, across the aisle, Dave, INC and Anna!

What a pleasant surprise.

Dave and co were heading to the MK for dessert.

We were heading to the Poly for dinner.

We parted ways at the MK.

When we got to the Polynesian, it was near 8.

But Ohana was a madhouse.

I said to the girls that it doesn't look good.

There were open seats at the Sushi bar.

So that would be our back-up plan.

I headed to the Ohana podium and prepared to be laughed at.

To his credit the CM did not laugh at me.

But he told me no Fortin' way were they taking walk-ups tonight. At all.

Denied!

So sushi it was.

After the server took our order there, he informed us, by the way, the sushi chefs are backed up, and it would take 45 minutes for our food to arrive.

That's a long time.

But what could we do?

We got to have some deep discussions.

And it did take every bit of 45 minutes for our food to arrive.

It was very fresh, though.

Word to the wise: Don't go to the Poly to eat on New Year's Day.

So dinner took a long time.

No worries.

We headed to the MK.

The girls wanted to meet a new fairy they have in Pixie Hollow, so we headed there.

Somehow, I pictured Pixie Hollow to not look like an old restaurant:

NYE2012II070.jpg

This in Tinkerbell (female version), we all know who she is:

NYE2012II075.jpg

This is the new fairy. I think her name is Silvermist but don't quote me on that:

NYE2012II077.jpg

After this, we headed back to the Mermaid ride. The wait time was posted to be 60 minutes, but there was no one in the queue. No one. What is up with that?

The ride was a walk on.

After that, it was near midnight.

But, there were workers going to town on the mine train ride. In this photo, you can see the lights of the Contemporary Resort in the background, and a couple of guys in hardhats over the fence doing construction stuff:

NYE2012433.jpg

After this, we decided it was time to go.

So we headed out.

On the way out, I noticed something.

The Goofy Bench is missing again! :

NYE2012435.jpg

On our arrival back at the Fort, we found our bus waiting for us at the bus stop.

That had been the case for every late night arrival at the Fort.

At a certain time of night, they stop running the regular bus routes, and just hold the buses at the Settlement or Outpost, and they shuttle guests right to their loop bus stops from there.

That's a good deal.

Who needs a golf cart?

And that completes our third night at the Fort.

Boy, that went by fast.

I am sorry to break this to you, but do you know what that means?

The end is near.

We are packing up and going home in the morning.

So, there is just one more update to come.

TCD

Yep, I've been in the fairies building a couple of times, and yep, it still looks like an old restaurant. I'm just glad to say I've actually eaten in there! It was a private event, long after it was closed to regular guests.

I'm guessing everything was still crowded on the 1st cause I'm betting most schools didn't start back up till the 7th.

This is the new fairy. I think her name is Silvermist but don't quote me on that:

NYE2012II077.jpg

Since you said "don't quote me on this" I will be easy on you. That is Perriwinkle, Tinkerbells sister. How do you know they are sisters? Supposedly when they get close thier wings light up. Silvermist is one of the other ones....She has a silver dress and black hair and is a water fairy and I know way too much about fairies for a straight, 30 something man.

I am impressed you were seated for sushi without a reservation.

That was not a bad consolation prize.

I must confess though that I was hoping you were going to say you headed for sticky wings and/or dole whips.

The Kona Sushi Bar is first come first serve. We didn't actually have seats at the bar. We had the seating at the long bar that faces out overlooking the monorail. So that was not a score.

I was hoping for the sticky wings too.

Or Dole Whips.

In hindsight, we should have headed downstairs to Captain Cook's.

But we didn't know about the sushi back-up until after we ordered.

Yep, I've been in the fairies building a couple of times, and yep, it still looks like an old restaurant. I'm just glad to say I've actually eaten in there! It was a private event, long after it was closed to regular guests.

I'm guessing everything was still crowded on the 1st cause I'm betting most schools didn't start back up till the 7th.

I never got to eat in that restaurant when it was open. The first time I even knew this space was here was at a MVMCP years ago when they were using it as a place to serve the free cookies and hot cocoa.

My girls didn't go back to school until the 7th, so I think you're right about it staying busy after the first. Usually, there is a big drop off. This year, the Fort's holiday rates stopped on 1/1. It was a good deal for those arriving after the 2nd, but the parks were still crowded.

Since you said "don't quote me on this" I will be easy on you. That is Perriwinkle, Tinkerbells sister. How do you know they are sisters? Supposedly when they get close thier wings light up. Silvermist is one of the other ones....She has a silver dress and black hair and is a water fairy and I know way too much about fairies for a straight, 30 something man.

Dang.

You're right. That is definitely Tinkerbell's sister.

You do know an awful lot about fairies.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TCD

The Kona Sushi Bar is first come first serve. We didn't actually have seats at the bar. We had the seating at the long bar that faces out overlooking the monorail. So that was not a score.

We've sat there a few times, and it's a little bit awkward, but not terrible. The hardest part is that if there are more than 2 of you, it's hard to carry on a conversation.

So what was the verdict on the sushi?

I was hoping for the sticky wings too.

Were they letting people at the sushi bar order off the regular Kona menu?

They usually do, and we usually get the wings there. Although if sushi was that backed up, I'm betting the Kona kitchen would have been that bad or worse.

Moving on . . .

NYE2012435.jpg

...TCD

I saw the guy sitting on the stairs to the left, and wanted to say something pithy. But I starting feeling compassion, because it looks like he (and some number of kids) has gotten every dollars worth out of their park admission for the day. He appears to be the first one to "fall".

Just down the path, I can look at this:

NYE2012328.jpg

In case you don't know, this is my favorite spot in all of the Fort.

I just love the view. If you look carefully, you can see the MK boat there in front of Discovery Island.

TCD

Big word of Advice. Take the time and go out early one morning and take in this view. The camera just does NOT relay the grandeur of this view. I made it a point to go to this spot and find out for myself why TCD is so enamored with this view on our last visit. Once there I knew instantly why. It is "Magic" to Bel13ve in!

We've sat there a few times, and it's a little bit awkward, but not terrible. The hardest part is that if there are more than 2 of you, it's hard to carry on a conversation.

So what was the verdict on the sushi?

We have sat there before, but it was still light out, and we could see out better. At night, you see more of your reflection than anything else. And it is awkward to carry on a conversation, but we managed. We had a very good discussion about where things stood on the colleges they have been accepted to, what they are currently thinking, etc. We used the time productively.

The sushi was great. No complaints at all, except it took too long. And, our server warned us about that. It was just a super-busy night.

Were they letting people at the sushi bar order off the regular Kona menu?

They usually do, and we usually get the wings there. Although if sushi was that backed up, I'm betting the Kona kitchen would have been that bad or worse.

Yes. We had a potstickers app. But, there were just three or four of them, so they didn't last long. Those came out very quick, so it was a long time between that and the sushi arriving.

I think we would have been better off being seated in Kona Cafe. It wasn't that busy, and I think you can order sushi in there. Next time, we may give that a go.

Fix-It-Felix.

On edit, I should have read a little further before jumping to answer.

If you guessed that before the drawing was complete, you did good.

I was sitting there watching the CM draw it, and when she got the face done, I thought no way it's going to look right, but then she added the hat, and there he was!

I saw the guy sitting on the stairs to the left, and wanted to say something pithy. But I starting feeling compassion, because it looks like he (and some number of kids) has gotten every dollars worth out of their park admission for the day. He appears to be the first one to "fall".

Thanks for pointing him out. I really didn't notice him. I'll bet he would have been sitting next to Goofy if the bench was there.

TCD

Big word of Advice. Take the time and go out early one morning and take in this view. The camera just does NOT relay the grandeur of this view. I made it a point to go to this spot and find out for myself why TCD is so enamored with this view on our last visit. Once there I knew instantly why. It is "Magic" to Bel13ve in!

Jody- Thanks for posting that! I am always happy to hear when someone picks up a tip from one of my reports and enjoys something at WDW. Of course I agree with you. I wish there was a way that a camera could capture the feeling of standing there, but it can't. It's just something you need to see for yourself.

TCD

I know way too much about fairies for a straight, 30 something man.

I may never look at Buckeye the same way. :rofl2:

Sorry to see another report come to an end. When you finish your last update, please immediately book another trip.