Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

I forgot a comment I meant to make.

You people who haven't tried biscuits and gravy and monkey bread should be on Fiend probation until those oversights are corrected.

TCD

. And I have yet to hear you people mention Chocolate Gravy!

Loved the report! It almost made me less mad at Dave for changing the date to one I could have attended without letting me know. Almost.

Our Target just had glow in the dark ring toss for $3. I only picked up one set but probably should have grabbed another.

I need to check that out. Sounds great for tailgating.

Target usually has those glow necklaces\bracelets in the dollar section at the front of the store. Every once and a while you can find then 50% off.....that's 50 cents per necklace and\or bracelet. I gladly purchase about $10 at a time to provide the kids endless entertainment in the evening adults some time not worrying about the kids.

Those tubes usually 10 in a tube, so they're only 10 cents. :)

I forgot a comment I meant to make.

You people who haven't tried biscuits and gravy and monkey bread should be on Fiend probation until those oversights are corrected.

TCD

I'm not a big fan of biscuits and gravy, but I'm a HUGE fan of monkey bread.

braves10.gif

Job well done, Dave. I will not miss next year, or the year after that or the year after that......well you get the idea.

Grumpy, Grandma, Doodle and Mike were missed this year!  As well as any other Fiend that couldn't come. 

Dave has done a terrific job of setting this trip up both years. Your report has been extra fun as well.  

Thanks DIT!

Target usually has those glow necklaces\bracelets in the dollar section at the front of the store. Every once and a while you can find then 50% off.....that's 50 cents per necklace and\or bracelet. I gladly purchase about $10 at a time to provide the kids endless entertainment in the evening adults some time not worrying about the kids.

My kids know that the day after Halloween, we will be up and out early in the morning to shop the sales.  We buy bags of candy and glowsticks on half price sales.  A few days later, we go out again to see what is left at 75% off.  At Wal-Mart, we often find good deals on orange sweatpants among other things.

I bring the glowsticks to WWW to keep track of wayward wild womenz. :laugh:

I have a bit more to add, but no pictures.... after DIT and Bob pulled out, I grabbed my stuff that had been living over at Bob's and took it back to my campsite, then drove up front and extended my stay for an extra day. I heard from Rick that he was staying in the hospital till Monday, I then went back to the campsite and sat in my recliner for a bit listening to the Braves game.  After a few I noticed Yensid Camper and family were still there, so wandered over and chatted with them for a few while they finished their final packing.

This campground has a 3pm checkout, so if you are close, no sense in rushing out early in the morning.

After they pulled out I returned to my recliner and watched the sun go down, and also gave a camper tour or two and gave out Fiend cards!!!

I put a pot pie in the toaster oven, then cleaned my dishes and was in my jammies and the bed by 8:30!!!!

Woke up bout 6:30, watched the lake wake up, then proceeded to break things down. Bout half way through, Rick said he was being released, so finished on up after being delayed by the inevitable looky loos that "have" to see the camper before I leave, once again more Fiend cards get handed out!!

Made the uneventful 3 hour drive home, parked the camper, then picked up Rick from the hospital. As I suspected, they weren't ready when I got there, but it wasn't too much more of a wait. Once we got home, found a neighbor to help me push the camper in the garage, put some things away, and started the laundry.

Love the weather, loved being with Fiends! Can't wait till the next time!

Oh, and Dave, I still have your piece of rebar!! Hopefully, I can get it back to you soon!

Well Well Well, I have to admit something here, I read this "trip report" and I am amazed at the accuracy of all the reporting here.

One other thing to admit, we were lucky as all get out that the CG was full for this weekend, the weather looks like crapola starting Friday night and worse thru Saturday into Sunday.

I must say the fiend kids had a ball, they all got along and all hung out the whole time, bigger ones keeping an eye on the smaller ones.

The growed up fiends had a good time also, eating, telling lies, eating, shooting the bull, eating and basically enjoying the weather and each other. Did I mention eating?

All in all it was a great weekend with fiend friends and if I ever get the camera out of the camper I will see what pictures Kathy took and post them here.

I personally look forward to next yr at DC and getting together with even more fiends, I hope Dave is as good a weatherman next yr as he was lucky this year.

in closing I would like to say a great big BOOOOOOOOOOO BRAVES!

Thank you for your attention in this matter

Great report, looks like a Great Time was had by all. I would love to make it to DC, wish it was closer. I know I am lucky because of where I live I get a lot of Fiend time. But I do love the idea of DC which looks beautiful and all the Fiends sit around and eat and gab.

Great report Dave, glad the kids had some shining moments of kindness toward each other.  Go figure, siblings not getting along?  But it is nice to see them support each other when bad things happen like the injury or when other kids don't behave. 

And thanks for the pood forn photos, and the sausage breakfast reminded me of our Labor Day camping trip with the scouts.  We head out with a few of the kids the night before this trip to get groceries locally.  You can imagine what it takes to feed 20+ hungry people, so there is a lot of "stuff" that has to be tossed in the carriages - enough to scare unsuspecting cashiers!

Well, first breakfast time we realized all of us "remembered" to get sausages and discovered we had 7 of those large bags - roughly 10 peices of sausage per person.  Pure heaven!

Oh, and Dave, I still have your piece of rebar!! Hopefully, I can get it back to you soon!

Glad you were able to enjoy some more relaxing moments before heading home.  And don't worry about the rebar....you should hang onto it and use it to threaten Rick if he gives you any more hospital scares. 

One other thing to admit, we were lucky as all get out that the CG was full for this weekend, the weather looks like crapola starting Friday night and worse thru Saturday into Sunday.

I personally look forward to next yr at DC and getting together with even more fiends, I hope Dave is as good a weatherman next yr as he was lucky this year.

You are welcome regarding the weather....and I am NEVER lucky.  It's pure skill, baby. 

Anna took off running toward the lake again, mainly to get YC to run after her again.  Let me tell you...that YC can move fast! 

DSCN2853.JPG

After getting hooked up, we said our goodbyes and headed for home.  The drive was quick and uneventful, and before long we were at home and missing our friends. 

So, until next time, that's that. 

I love the perspective in this picture!

As Anna does to all the Fiends, she has captured the YC clan's hearts.  I would chase after her all day.  We had a great time on this day when Anna wanted to continue to walk with us as we were going to our site after breakfast.  We were able to snap a few good pixs.

FC00A79C-0EB5-4E40-AEBF-D07766FCCD8B-162

04C0E775-999C-4B49-93C2-1C0DEFC17F1A-162

Anna was so fun playing with her glow necklace in the hammock.  We had to be on our toes to keep her safe in the hammock but she loved it.

We had a great visit with Carol as we were leaving.  When we left we wished we had just stayed another night and skipped work and school the next day.

I was so happy to see the little Fiends getting along so well.  My oldest is a little reserved and it was great to have Judy, Yvonne  and Dave's kids working hard to have him and his little brother included in what they were doing.   

The story behind the Gorilla goes like this... I went over to the playground to put an end to the flashlights shinning on the kids and across the campground.  No sooner than I stepped foot on the playground the kids in a site close by shined the light in my eyes.  So I walked over and asked them if they were ever told how you shouldn't shine lights in people's eyes.  They were scared to death so I shined my light quickly across where they were sitting and I told them I didn't want to see those lights shinning again in the direction of the playground.  It worked  great.  I have no idea where their parents were as I was expecting to see some adults somewhere.  Well there was a larger group of adults in another site across the field and I caught site of the gorilla going in one of the campers.  They had appeared to be enjoying some libations of their own.  According to my kids the group of adults came over with one of them in the suit and sat and played on the playground being silly.  They weren't being mean spirited just silly and trying to be funny.  They just thought it was weird for an adult to be doing this as they clearly wanted to get the kids attention at the playground.  It seemed odd for them to do this but it wasn't in a mean way.  Our kids were tired of the flashlights and the weird person in the gorilla suit made them decide to leave.

I can't wait till next year!

Go Braves.

I'm so glad to see some other pics being posted!!  Great shot of the kids, Yvonne!!  As others have said, this is a great group of kids.  No fighting, they all played great together regardless of gender or age.  It was the same thing last year, and I was so happy to see it repeated this year.  Really looking to getting these kids together again....hopefully before next Sept. 

And YC....awesome!  I'm so glad you got some pics of Mrs YC with Anna and shared that.....I didn't have any pics and rushed through the last morning in my update.  It was the cutest thing seeing her walk away with you two.  And it was a huge help to us as we were packing up our site. 

It was funny....after we finished packing up, INC and I walked down to the YC campsite to "retrieve" Anna, and she was inside their pup and Mrs YC was doing her hair.  After raising two boys, that actually must have been fun....perhaps a prelude to doing a granddaughters hair someday?  :)  Thanks again for letting her tag along with you guys.