Nothing Fancy-Just a Good Old 4th of July at the Fort TCD TR

Last week, just a few days after the Villains Unleashed event, I received an email from Disney asking if I would take a survey about the event.

Disney seems to be infatuated with surveys lately. Obsessed even. I think I'm asked at least once on every visit if I would be willing to take a survey, and it seems like I get one after every stay at the Fort.  They want feedback.  But, it seems like they deliberately control what feedback they want.  I'm sure there's some kind of science to this, but it seems like they set these surveys up in a way which skews the data.  At least that's what I see when I look at some of the odd ways that they structure the questions.

Let's take a look.

This is the first question on the survey.  Rather obvious.  But, look at the top of the screen where it indicates that 44% of the survey is now complete.  After one question?:

vusurvey2_zps05baa3e5.jpg

Question #2, and now we're 47% done:

vusurvey3_zps9253e0e7.jpg

Third question, and no we're over 50% done, and they haven't asked the first question about how I liked spending $70 on the party:

vusurvey4_zpsfe1f2d09.jpg

I guess the marketing guys get first crack at the survey questions, because the first thing they want to know is how I found out about the party and when I decided to attend:

vusurvey5_zps7ba14342.jpg

vusurvey6_zpsa9d3c729.jpg

vusurvey7_zpsb11178a6.jpg

Then there are two questions that seem to ask the same thing:

vusurvey8_zps083fec4a.jpg

vusurvey9_zps09ebc9db.jpg

Then they want to know what time I arrived.  I wonder why?:

vusurvey10_zpsea9d292d.jpg

Note that we are now 64% done with the survey, and they still haven't asked for my opinion about the party.

But, here it comes:

vusurvey11_zpsb6969b38.jpg

Note that they use a scale of 1-10 there.

But, then the next question uses a 1-5 scale, but labels the choices as Excellent, Very Good, Good, Just Okay, and Poor.  I am puzzled by the "Just Okay" choice.  To me, if there's going to be a scale of 1-5, the choice below good should be below average.  "Just Okay" to me is still good.  What if I thought something was bad, but not really bad?  The survey didn't give me that choice.  So, they're going to get a lot of poors from me.  To me, it seems like they designed the survey thinking that most guests wouldn't choose either of the extreme ratings, and maybe award "Just Okay" instead of poor.  I'm not falling for that:

vusurvey12_zps41ed5b00.jpg

To my surprise, they actually gave me an opportunity to say what I liked most and least. It's interesting how little space they provided for the responses.  It seems like they were encouraging short answers.  Maybe someone in charge could later say that there were only one or two things that most guests disliked.  Again, I didn't fall for that trick- and I made sure to let them know about Mulch, Sweat and Shears:

vusurvey13_zps330e86b0.jpg

Again with the 5 point scale- I might have given this a 3 or 4 on a scale of ten, but instead I have to give it a zero:

vusurvey14_zps772825cd.jpg

After all of those screens with just one question, they then have a screen with a bunch.  I had to reduce the screen size to get the whole chart in one screen shot.  In case you can't read what's there, they are asking about a lot of the individual components of the party:

vusurvey15_zpsae256496.jpg

And, then they asked about a few more:

vusurvey16_zps2f3c3ae1.jpg

One thing that they should have asked, but didn't, is why I checked off "don't know" on some of those.  The reason is I couldn't get anywhere close to the Brown Derby, where the special food was, because it was packed, with a long line just to get in.

That's the end of the feedback about the party.

Then we go to more data gathering:

vusurvey17_zpsc8f1dcc0.jpg

This is pretty random.  They ask about the Glow with the Show ears.  Aside from the giant that stood in front of me right before the fireworks began, I hadn't noticed anyone with them.  These things are a huge fail in WDW, and I don't even know what this question is doing in this survey:

vusurvey18_zps0c23fe6d.jpg

Then another odd set of questions.  About the map:

vusurvey19_zpsc5dae181.jpg

This was the only "Just Okay" I awarded.  It prompted a follow up question.  I wonder if I would have gotten follow up questions if I had chosen "Just Okay" instead of poor on some of my prior responses?:

vusurvey21_zps1c9564d5.jpg

This is interesting to me.  They don't ask why I thought something was poor.  Are those answers dismissed as not valid?  They only want to know why something got a "Just Okay" rating?

This question is interesting- I wonder why they want to know?:

vusurvey22_zps1a17995b.jpg

It seems like this question is redundant:

vusurvey23_zps0aff3724.jpg

Here are a couple of interesting ones- I guess they got complaints about the weather?:

vusurvey24_zps21662c1f.jpg

vusurvey26_zps6e9cfa5a.jpg

I thought this was an interesting question.  They wanted to know if I had attended the Villains party they had last year:

vusurvey27_zps6a081568.jpg

I did, so I said so.  But, there was then no follow up question about it.  So, why did they ask?

The survey questions then finished up asking about the specifics of my party:

vusurvey28_zps9a618d8b.jpg

As you can see, it says we are now 83% complete.

The rest of the survey asked for the ages of the people in my party, my race, my household income, and other demographic questions- nothing more about the party.

So, they have my feedback.

I wish there was a way to see the survey results.

To me, it seems like the whole thing was geared toward having another event along these lines.  I'll bet they'll change the time of year, and change how they advertise and market it. and successfully separate a bunch more suckers from their money.

Just like old Walt taught 'em.  Extract as much money by providing as little as possible.  Magical!

TCD

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have no fear, I am here!

I have a double ENO hammock.....super comfy.

Not all dogs are scared of Thunder and they all handle it a different way.  Service dogs need to be able to handle all situations.  What would happen if a person had a service dog that was scared of t

After working in marketing and marketing research for over 30 years, I'm gonna tackle some comments.

Last week, just a few days after the Villains Unleashed event, I received an email from Disney asking if I would take a survey about the event.

Disney seems to be infatuated with surveys lately. Obsessed even. I think I'm asked at least once on every visit if I would be willing to take a survey, and it seems like I get one after every stay at the Fort.  They want feedback.  But, it seems like they deliberately control what feedback they want.  I'm sure there's some kind of science to this, but it seems like they set these surveys up in a way which skews the data.  At least that's what I see when I look at some of the odd ways that they structure the questions.

That is very possible.  There was a popular book (in marketing circles) back in the 70s titled "How to Lie With Statistics."  Yes, a survey can easily be skewed to get the desired results.

Let's take a look.

This is the first question on the survey.  Rather obvious.  But, look at the top of the screen where it indicates that 44% of the survey is now complete.  After one question?:

Question #2, and now we're 47% done:

Third question, and no we're over 50% done, and they haven't asked the first question about how I liked spending $70 on the party:

Someone at Disney is miserable at math.

I guess the marketing guys get first crack at the survey questions, because the first thing they want to know is how I found out about the party and when I decided to attend:

Then there are two questions that seem to ask the same thing:

That's typical on questionnaires.  Ask the same thing but worded differently to see if you get the same response.

Then they want to know what time I arrived.  I wonder why?:

Note that we are now 64% done with the survey, and they still haven't asked for my opinion about the party.

But, here it comes:

Note that they use a scale of 1-10 there.  Typical.

But, then the next question uses a 1-5 scale (also typical), but labels the choices as Excellent, Very Good, Good, Just Okay, and Poor.  I am puzzled by the "Just Okay" choice.  To me, if there's going to be a scale of 1-5, the choice below good should be below average.  "Just Okay" to me is still good.  What if I thought something was bad, but not really bad?  The survey didn't give me that choice.  So, they're going to get a lot of poors from me.  To me, it seems like they designed the survey thinking that most guests wouldn't choose either of the extreme ratings, and maybe award "Just Okay" instead of poor.  I'm not falling for that:

To my surprise, they actually gave me an opportunity to say what I liked most and least. It's interesting how little space they provided for the responses.  It seems like they were encouraging short answers.  Maybe someone in charge could later say that there were only one or two things that most guests disliked.  Again, I didn't fall for that trick- and I made sure to let them know about Mulch, Sweat and Shears:

Your response was probably limited to a certain number of characters, not the size of the box.

Again with the 5 point scale- I might have given this a 3 or 4 on a scale of ten, but instead I have to give it a zero:

After all of those screens with just one question, they then have a screen with a bunch.  I had to reduce the screen size to get the whole chart in one screen shot.  In case you can't read what's there, they are asking about a lot of the individual components of the party:

And, then they asked about a few more:

One thing that they should have asked, but didn't, is why I checked off "don't know" on some of those.  The reason is I couldn't get anywhere close to the Brown Derby, where the special food was, because it was packed, with a long line just to get in.

I would have checked Poor.  You were being generous.

That's the end of the feedback about the party.

Then we go to more data gathering:

This is pretty random.  They ask about the Glow with the Show ears.  Aside from the giant that stood in front of me right before the fireworks began, I hadn't noticed anyone with them.  These things are a huge fail in WDW, and I don't even know what this question is doing in this survey:

Then another odd set of questions.  About the map:

This was the only "Just Okay" I awarded.  It prompted a follow up question.  I wonder if I would have gotten follow up questions if I had chosen "Just Okay" instead of poor on some of my prior responses?:

This is interesting to me.  They don't ask why I thought something was poor.  Are those answers dismissed as not valid?  They only want to know why something got a "Just Okay" rating?

This question is interesting- I wonder why they want to know?:

It seems like this question is redundant:

Here are a couple of interesting ones- I guess they got complaints about the weather?:

Maybe what season instead of weather?

I thought this was an interesting question.  They wanted to know if I had attended the Villains party they had last year:

If you a repeat attender, that means you were happy with last year's party.

I did, so I said so.  But, there was then no follow up question about it.  So, why did they ask?

The survey questions then finished up asking about the specifics of my party:

As you can see, it says we are now 83% complete.

The rest of the survey asked for the ages of the people in my party, my race, my household income, and other demographic questions- nothing more about the party.

So, they have my feedback.

I wish there was a way to see the survey results.

To me, it seems like the whole thing was geared toward having another event along these lines.  I'll bet they'll change the time of year, and change how they advertise and market it. and successfully separate a bunch more suckers from their money.

Just like old Walt taught 'em.  Extract as much money by providing as little as possible.  Magical!

TCD

I'm glad you had the opportunity to participate.  I think Disney is flooded with complaints, and maybe they will take them seriously.

I hate those surveys that don't let you explain your answers.

I only have to think that they really don't want to hear what I think- they're just interested in numbers.

After working in marketing and marketing research for over 30 years, I'm gonna tackle some comments.

If you a repeat attender, that means you were happy with last year's party.

Thanks, Gwen.  You insight is very interesting to me.

You comment I included in the quote above is something that didn't occur to me.  To them, the fact that I willingly paid to come to this event after experiencing the not-so-great event last year tells them that I'm stupid enough to pay money even after a bad experience.  That will likely encourage them to try this event at least one more time.

I think you should have rated the face painting higher. 

LOL!

You're right- they did a good job.

TCD

The survey was AWESOME. Definitely Troll Approved! Pretty much you told them, "Unleash the Villains SUCKED!"

And when they get the survey, they'll probably be like, "Oh, we don't need that guy. He probably doesn't spend much at the parks anyway! I bet the only time he comes is once every couple years for one of these parties. Divest him! In fact, ban him! Add his name to the list of other people we've banned, like those guys who snuck onto Discovery Island and into River Country!"

Other Disney employee: "Yeah, and that jackass we banned a couple weeks ago for encroaching on the private party we were hosting on Clementine's Beach. Security asked him FIVE times to back up and he kept refusing! He even dared us to call the police on him!"

The survey was AWESOME. Definitely Troll Approved! Pretty much you told them, "Unleash the Villains SUCKED!"

And when they get the survey, they'll probably be like, "Oh, we don't need that guy. He probably doesn't spend much at the parks anyway! I bet the only time he comes is once every couple years for one of these parties. Divest him! In fact, ban him! Add his name to the list of other people we've banned, like those guys who snuck onto Discovery Island and into River Country!"

Other Disney employee: "Yeah, and that jackass we banned a couple weeks ago for encroaching on the private party we were hosting on Clementine's Beach. Security asked him FIVE times to back up and he kept refusing! He even dared us to call the police on him!"

Good post.

I'm glad that I'm not that jackass who got asked to back up FIVE times, and kept refusing.  I only got asked to move three times, and I didn't refuse the first two times.

TCD

Guess what?

We are still not done.

I have fresh bonus content for you.

I made an unexpected and brief visit to WDW on Sunday, September 7th.

Twin #2 and I were gong to meet up in Tallahassee for a football game the day before.  But, her car was in a wreck on Thursday, and is currently in the shop.

The other driver was at fault, and we were entitled to a rental car.  But Twin #2 isn't old enough to rent one.  So, I rented one, and drove it over to Orlando Saturday morning.  We took off from there to Tallahassee, and then came back the next morning.  I was going to leave the car for her, and Mrs. TCD was going to drive over and we were going to try to meet up with Twin #1 for dinner.  Because of other stuff going on, that dinner didn't work out, but Mrs. TCD was still going to come over later to get me.  Twin #2 had to go in to work at 2, and Twin #1 was supposed to be done by no later than 5.

So, after getting Twin #2 back to her apartment, I had a few hours to kill.

Twin #2 had to go to work at Hollywood Studios, so I told her to drop me off at a resort close to there.  We picked Port Orleans French Quarter.  I've been there a lot lately.

I got a little lunch there, and thought about how I'd spend the 3 or so hours until Twin #1 was off of work.

I decided to head to the MK and see if I could find Twin #1.  I also thought I'd do some FP+ research, since I didn't have any FP+'s reserved.

So, I hopped a bus from the POFQ to the MK.  Here we go:

9614032_zps45b8b9a0.jpg

The twins have been telling me how dead it has been at the parks this past week.  We never seem to visit in early September, and from what I was seeing, they were right. Guess how many passengers were on the bus with me?

None!:

9614030_zps0db752f9.jpg

9614031_zps940b5ca8.jpg

It was just me and the bus driver all the way to the MK. Seems kind of wasteful.

Even though we left from the POFQ, the driver pulled up to the AKL bus stop at the MK.  That made me think for a minute.  Maybe I should just stay on the bus and go there?  That would be fun.  And easy.

But, I saw that the WL bus was in its spot.  Maybe I'd head there?

I had thought about visiting a resort earlier, but had decided on the MK instead.  Now that I was here, I was again thinking about a resort instead.  It was hot out, and I had no idea if I'd be able to find Twin #1.  There were some things I wanted to check on at the Fort, so I decided to go to WL, hang out there a bit, and then head to the Fort.

So, I headed toward the WL bus.

And, the dang driver pulled away.  In his defense, I wasn't close enough that he would have known that I was heading to that bus stop.

So, WL was out.

I looked and saw that a FW boat was pulling up to the dock.

Perfect.

Change in plans-we're going to the Fort.

That's always a good source of bonus content.

So here we go- it's now 2:19 pm:

9614033_zps65fd1f52.jpg

There's the Grand Floridian. The buildings on the left are new and part of the DVC, but they blend right in:

9614034_zpsd9d79392.jpg

I was treated to a little drama.  This pontoon boat didn't see all those red Keep Out buoys, and was heading toward the MK docks:

9614035_zpsd073e608.jpg

One of those fun sucker Lake Patrol boats arrived on the scene and told the dummy to get on the other side of the buoys:

9614038_zps35f99e82.jpg

Look- no crane.  This apparently was the last day in September anyone will get to say that:

9614039_zps07b86b5b.jpg

Two water bridge photos, just because it's cool:

9614040_zpsa57cb496.jpg

9614041_zps474868fe.jpg

Speaking of cool, there's a monorail emerging from the Contemporary Resort-still cool after all these years:

9614042_zpscbf07b31.jpg

Here's something even cooler- two monorails passing each other on the tracks outside of the Contemporary:

9614043_zps4a50fa9a.jpg

9614045_zpsfbad0a96.jpg

It was really getting cloudy, but I hadn't heard any thunder.  I guess there was no lightning in the area, as this parasailer was up:

9614046_zps816ea8a9.jpg

I want to do this some day:

parasail_zpsa4189054.jpg

There's good old Discovery Island.  It sure is overgrown. You can't see the beach.  Or the shipwreck:

9614050_zps655e3a86.jpg

The shipwreck is right there on the far right corner of the island, but you can't see it from here:

9614051_zps657eaca2.jpg

As we get closer, we can see the shipwreck- it's there on the right of center under the trees:

9614052_zpscee13bf7.jpg

I wanted to get a closer look, as there was something I noticed about the shipwreck one night as we returned to the Fort on our last visit.  I saw it in the dark, but wasn't sure what it was.  Now, in the daylight, I can see that someone has placed some kind of sign on the shipwreck:

9614053_zps69f1cfa1.jpg

That night I passed by,  I couldn't really read the sign. I could see the first word began with an L, and that it was four letters long.  I guessed that it said "Lost Boys."  I guessed that, because I've seen the fireworks cruise they do with Captain Hook take passengers around Discovery Island, and I've seen them shine lights on the island.  I thought they had made the shipwreck into a prop for that cruise.

But, now that I got a closer look- I can see that the first word is not "Lost:"

9614054_zps61bf4a5e.jpg

9614055_zps40162601.jpg

Here's the best zoom I can give you:

boatsign_zps68130ef0.jpg

It looks like the first word is LADY.  For the second word, I see U-S-E, I think.  But, I can't make out the rest.

Anyone know anything about this?

All I know is that sign didn't used to be there.

Someone must know something about this.

Here's a small patch of white sand on the Discovery Island beach.  There used to be a nice white sand beach all the way around the island.  Not anymore:

9614056_zpscfbca510.jpg

There's a beacon that used to mark a big rock.  I guess the rock is underwater now:

9614057_zps949b2e20.jpg

Here's another mystery.

But not as big a deal.

There was a big pile of sand on Clementine's beach:

9614058_zps15bb8d3e.jpg

9614059_zps62552c30.jpg

Here's a closer look at the sand pile:

sandpile_zpsc78c7300.jpg

I wonder what they're doing with that.

From here we docked, and I headed in to the Settlement Trading Post.  I already reported on what I found there in this post:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/13459-fort-merchandise-mission-for-a-fiend-on-the-scene/?p=391518

We will pick up with what I saw when I left the Settlement Trading Post in the next update.

TCD

Thanks TCD for the trip report, it took a while but I'm caught up! We love site 123, that's where we try to stay at when we go to MVMCP. You can't take too many pics of the water bridge, just too cool, and the monorail coming out of the CR is a BIG bonus pic!   Brian

Thanks TCD for the trip report, it took a while but I'm caught up! We love site 123, that's where we try to stay at when we go to MVMCP. You can't take too many pics of the water bridge, just too cool, and the monorail coming out of the CR is a BIG bonus pic!   Brian

It is a good photo TCD.  Love the way the clouds and monorail trains make the shot look so cool.

TCD were you still in area when those beautiful clouds let go?

I had some of the rain on I-4 from Longwood thru Orlando, that was fun :rofl2:

9614055_zps40162601.jpg

It's so sad to see this everytime we pass by, and think how many times I stood on Cap'n Flint's Walrus shipwreck and walked on Treasure Island beach, I actually visited there more than RC, but as excited as we are to be on the boat on our way to the MK, this is still a sad stretch of the lake... :'( 

History_ship.jpg In it's heyday, The Walrus

9614055_zps40162601.jpg

It's so sad to see this everytime we pass by, and think how many times I stood on Cap'n Flint's Walrus shipwreck and walked on Treasure Island beach, I actually visited there more than RC, but as excited as we are to be on the boat on our way to the MK, this is still a sad stretch of the lake... :'( 

I agree....it is sad. 

Here is a picture I personally took in December 1977.  Ignore the date stamp....I snapped a photo of the photo a few years ago...

PICT0045.JPG

What a shame to see it now.  It's almost gone.  Like seeing the lawnmower tree a few years ago....you just know that you are viewing an endangered item.  Enjoy it while you can. 

I noticed the sign as well TCD, and the pile of sand on the beach. The sand will be featured on my trip report in the coming updates.

Cody

So, what the heck is that sign?

And I hope you found out about the sand.  I'm not sure if that pile is something they're taking away, or something that they brought in. 

Just wanted to let you know that one of my friends is at Bonnet Creek right now.  FOR SHAME!!!  :banghead:  Bless her heart!

Better Bonnet Creek than the Four Seasons.

Bless her heart?

That's kind of a dig in Alabama, isn't it?

Great bonus content!  Thank you!

You're welcome.  And there's a bit more to come.  Then I need to end this report- it's getting kind of old.

I hope you get that site, or one near it.  It's a great location.

It is a good photo TCD.  Love the way the clouds and monorail trains make the shot look so cool.

TCD were you still in area when those beautiful clouds let go?

I had some of the rain on I-4 from Longwood thru Orlando, that was fun :rofl2:

Was I there when the clouds let it go?  You'll find out soon enough.   I think you can guess what happened.

I hope twin 2 is doing okay!

She's fine.  Thanks for asking. Her car is not.  $4000+ in damage.  From a parking lot collision.  The CM who backed in to her is saying that it wasn't her fault, and that Twin #2 was speeding.  A "witness" aka the other driver's boyfriend, is supporting her story.  This may not end pretty.

Still reading.

Good.

I'm still writing.

TCD

"Here is a picture I personally took in December 1977.  Ignore the date stamp....I snapped a photo of the photo a few years ago..."

I really need to do that, I have so many photos from the mid 70's to mid 80's because we went every year for 2 weeks, some are on the old Kodak 110, but sadly most are Polaroid One Step pics that have faded so badly it's hard to make them out anymore, I need to salvage what I can while I can...

9614055_zps40162601.jpg

I agree....it is sad. 

Here is a picture I personally took in December 1977.  Ignore the date stamp....I snapped a photo of the photo a few years ago...

PICT0045.JPG

What a shame to see it now.  It's almost gone.  Like seeing the lawnmower tree a few years ago....you just know that you are viewing an endangered item.  Enjoy it while you can. 

Now, there are two quality posts.

Good job, Brian and Dave.

So, that shipwreck has a name. 

And it's not Lady something.

What is this sign?:

boatsign_zps68130ef0.jpg

It has to be something related to the pirate cruises they do.

But, what?

TCD

In this case "Bless her heart" is kind of a dig because I'm being funny and exaggerating.  But I say it a lot and most of the time I'm being sincere.  

I think that one of the things Disney struggles with is understanding what an average family needs.  They don't seem to get it.  My family is about to grow to 3 children and we will then (especially after he turns 3) be very limited on where we can stay on property at a good price.  MOST of the families I know have either 3 or 4 children.  The suites are EXPENSIVE.  And are too big in my opinion.  We do not need a kitchen when at Disney!  We love staying on site and my husband flat out refuses to stay off site.  For us some of the biggest parts of loving Disney World is for him no driving, no navigating in traffic; and for me, no cooking/cleaning/washing clothes.  

What I would love is a moderate resort (I realize it would have to be a little more expensive), with a slightly bigger room, 2 QUEEN size beds, and an option for a full size roll away or a pull out couch.  That and a fridge is all we need.  Even with 4 kids it would work.  We don't need a kitchen, or an extra bedroom, or a deluxe room.  Just a little more space and the option to have more kids in one room.  Most big families with lots of younger kids would rather all be in the same room.  It's easier.  Just my opinion.  When you go to 3 kids the price almost doubles and that is just silly.  

I really don't know what we'll do when our littlest is over 3. 

Now, there are two quality posts.

Good job, Brian and Dave.

So, that shipwreck has a name. 

And it's not Lady something.

What is this sign?:

boatsign_zps68130ef0.jpg

It has to be something related to the pirate cruises they do.

But, what?

TCD

Does it say Lady Ussepa? Kinda looks like this sign

7474970288_2df1584024_b_zps5358ce22.jpg

In this case "Bless her heart" is kind of a dig because I'm being funny and exaggerating.  But I say it a lot and most of the time I'm being sincere.  

I think that one of the things Disney struggles with is understanding what an average family needs.  They don't seem to get it.  My family is about to grow to 3 children and we will then (especially after he turns 3) be very limited on where we can stay on property at a good price.  MOST of the families I know have either 3 or 4 children.  The suites are EXPENSIVE.  And are too big in my opinion.  We do not need a kitchen when at Disney!  We love staying on site and my husband flat out refuses to stay off site.  For us some of the biggest parts of loving Disney World is for him no driving, no navigating in traffic; and for me, no cooking/cleaning/washing clothes.  

What I would love is a moderate resort (I realize it would have to be a little more expensive), with a slightly bigger room, 2 QUEEN size beds, and an option for a full size roll away or a pull out couch.  That and a fridge is all we need.  Even with 4 kids it would work.  We don't need a kitchen, or an extra bedroom, or a deluxe room.  Just a little more space and the option to have more kids in one room.  Most big families with lots of younger kids would rather all be in the same room.  It's easier.  Just my opinion.  When you go to 3 kids the price almost doubles and that is just silly.  

I believe (although that may not be accurate any more). Some of the Port Orleans Riverside rooms have a trundle bed and sleep 5.

Also, you could stay at the Fort and rent a popup camper or other travel trailer that is delivered to your site. Especially a popup and the site rental fee is the same or less than a moderate resort.

Oh and the point of that rambling post was because my friend is staying at Bonnett Creek for that very reason.  3 kids 6 and under.  

OK- I get it.

The problem you're describing is probably the biggest reason we ended up with our camper and became Fort Fiends.

The Alligator Bayou rooms in Port Orleans Riverside have a small fold-down bed that will work for a small third child.

After the youngest kid becomes too big for that, I guess you're out of luck.

TCD