You Want Me to Stay in this Camper "How" Long???

Or Carol and Rick FINALLY get to go to the Fort on Vacation after a long absence.

Yes, it seems like we're at the World a lot, but in reality, the last time we were both at the Fort together in the camper was October 2012. I've been down for WWW, and for work, and New Years 2012 we were planning on being at the Fort, but at the last minute, Rick had back problems, and I had to send him home on a plane.

The last two years have been rough for Rick with a couple of back surgeries, many Drs appts, and myself on endless work travel. FINALLY, the Drs. felt a hip replacement was the next logical step.

WOOHOO! It worked!! Solved soooooo many problems and pains he was having. Finally!! Praise the Lord.

Our plans were October 24th - November 9th. Our longest trip ever, and then at the last minute, we couldn't wait any longer and added a couple of days.

Sooooo let's get started!!

Early morning, October 22nd, we're all hitched up and on the road!!

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

The drive down was a bit of an adventure. We had added a few things to our setup and packing due to the length of trip, and decided to try a rooftop cloth bag carrier for some of the items. Well, the silly thing squeaked on the roof, and we both decided we couldn't listen to that for 690 miles, so made a stop, and pulled the carrier off the roof, and distributed the items throughout the truck and camper.

The sun has finally come up.

IMG_3801.jpg

It was realllly foggy:

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

and chilly

IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

The sunrise was beautiful.

IMG_3812.jpg

After a bit, Rick asked me to drive, so I took over, and looking out the side view mirror, I noticed the plexiglass cover for my airconditioner vent was flapping. So I made a stop to check that out.  It is held on with wing nuts, and one of the wing nuts had flopped off. I did have an extra wing nut, so applied that and headed on.

Then someone next to me on the interstate was honking and waving..... OMG, I had left the back kitchen hatch wide open!!!!!  Believe it or not, did not lose a SINGLE thing!!  Closed it all back up, and on we went!!!

The drive went well, and a mere 12 hours later, we were at the World!

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

We were initially assigned site 1122, but wanted to see what else was available, so we looped around in the truck to see what else was there, and settled on 1003, and got the camper set up enough to go to bed, relaxed a little bit, and called it a night. We didn't have any plans for a few days, so had plenty of time to get settled in and enjoy the Fort before the Halloween festivities.

More coming soon!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, first page bragging rights!   Glad nothing was lost out the back.  That would have been horrifying.

:)     Rick is not a huge camper, and this is the longest time he's spent in the camper (by about double), so one of the first things he said to me when I told him the dates of our trip was "you want

Wow I didn't realize it was that long since both you and Rick have been together at the fort. I forgot when we met you at the fort, Christmas/ New Years 2012, rick wasn't with you.

I'm so glad his back is doing better and y'all shared some quality time together.

We have a hard roof topper and it SMB also.

It makes a weird whistling sound when it's on. It never did it on the Yukon. But on DW's Lexus it does. Don't know why but it's for sale.

Glad you didn't lose anything out the back. That would have definitely SMB.

Alright!!  Another TR to read and it's a Mouseketab one!!!  

That's wild that you left the back kitchen open!!  Glad you didn't lose anything.  Holy cow I can't imagine what that other driver was thinking.  Thankfully they let you know.  

Looking forward to MORE!!!  something has to hold me over until our trip in ONE MONTH!!!

First?!?

Yes you are!!!

Yay!!!

A Mouseketab Trip report at the Fort!

I'm in!

Thanks for reading!!

Finally, first page bragging rights!

Glad nothing was lost out the back.  That would have been horrifying.

Glad you are here! I am really glad too! Our Magic Bands were even back there :)

Im in, looks like second. A first for me!

Oops to slow 4th now

Hey, still first page!

I'm here too!

Ya'll are probably getting close to being ready to head back South!! Thanks for reading!!

I'm in! 

Awesome!

Count me in!

Yeah!! and THANKS for everything Jason, you made some special things happen :)

I'm in.

And Beckers didn't hog all of page one.

Thanks for reading!

In and excited to read about your journey! :)

I'm excited you are here!

In and excited to read about your journey! :)

So excited you had to say it twice :)

Wow I didn't realize it was that long since both you and Rick have been together at the fort. I forgot when we met you at the fort, Christmas/ New Years 2012, rick wasn't with you.

I'm so glad his back is doing better and y'all shared some quality time together.

We have a hard roof topper and it SMB also.

It makes a weird whistling sound when it's on. It never did it on the Yukon. But on DW's Lexus it does. Don't know why but it's for sale.

Glad you didn't lose anything out the back. That would have definitely SMB.

Yes it was. That New Year's trip where we met was a colossal disaster. This trip was sooooo needed!!

Ok that was the ghost of KFK. I'm really not trying to pull a Dave and hog all of page one.

Ghost's galore!

Are your pants on fire?

That would hurt!

Alright!!  Another TR to read and it's a Mouseketab one!!!  

That's wild that you left the back kitchen open!!  Glad you didn't lose anything.  Holy cow I can't imagine what that other driver was thinking.  Thankfully they let you know.  

Looking forward to MORE!!!  something has to hold me over until our trip in ONE MONTH!!!

I'm sure they were laughing their a** off, the same way we all do, when we see fellow RVers having "issues".

Hope your trip is as awesome as ours was!

October 23 and 24th

The next two days were pretty uneventful, and not too many pictures. These days were spent slowly setting up our little compound, going shopping, and decorating for Halloween.

I believe we also had a visit from Lou during that time.

Also on Friday morning, got a rather annoying phone call. It was our credit card company fraud department. They wanted to verify our recent charges. All was correct, so no issues, "right". Wrong. The representative then proceeded to tell me, my card had already been marked for fraud, cancelled, and a new one mailed to our home.......

Uh, we're not going to be home for 18 more days.... So then, was scrambling to find the exact mailing address for the Fort. New card being overnighted to the Fort, to arrive Monday Monday morning. So then I needed to also run up to the front desk and change the card on our charging. Joy.... Plus that would also mean some time on the computer Monday to change several auto charging stuff. Fun stuff!!! NOT!!!

A few pictures of our home away from home for the next two weeks :)

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

Coming up next, we finally venture out to the rest of the "World"